Monster Hunt 2020 - Concluded

On 8/4/2020 at 5:22 PM, Kent10201 said:

Can I join The Ghostbusters as well?

Sure can! You're in.

On 8/4/2020 at 5:39 PM, Phantochi said:

Sounds pretty fun, throw me in The Claymores please 

I've added you. Welcome to The Claymores!

Edited by spacey_dweeb
  • Like 1

Question...I know one game I play won't count towards more than one bounty...but let's say we play Diablo III or something as a team and all plat the game together... would that be able to be used one time for each of us (assuming enough monster types are present)?

That’s a long and detailed write-up, thank you for expanding on the monsters especially! I’d like to join.

I love the idea of going through all these games that I own in search for a specific kind of monster and it’s a Halloween event to boot (which in all the time that I have been lurking round here have been my favourite).

The one team I’m most familiar with are the Brothers Grimm from all those German childhood stories like Frog Prince or the Musicians of Bremen, so I’d be happy to call myself the very first Brothers Grimm team member. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Briste said:

Question...I know one game I play won't count towards more than one bounty...but let's say we play Diablo III or something as a team and all plat the game together... would that be able to be used one time for each of us (assuming enough monster types are present)?

Yes. Each hunter could use it for a different bounty type, if they all apply.

29 minutes ago, Fenrirfeather said:

That’s a long and detailed write-up, thank you for expanding on the monsters especially! I’d like to join.

I love the idea of going through all these games that I own in search for a specific kind of monster and it’s a Halloween event to boot (which in all the time that I have been lurking round here have been my favourite).

The one team I’m most familiar with are the Brothers Grimm from all those German childhood stories like Frog Prince or the Musicians of Bremen, so I’d be happy to call myself the very first Brothers Grimm team member. 

I've marked you down for the Brothers Grimm. Hope you do end up enjoying the hunt for the right game to help your team best. 

1 hour ago, YureiKuma said:

Thanks for the expanded definitions of potential targets. Especially Abomination since I was hoping to go back and finish RE 3 and start RE 7 and was worried once zombies got crossed off what the RE games could offer.

I was actually trying to think of where the licorice monsters in RE7 might go when decided there was a need for a catch-all group.  lol. In the end after I had all the groups written down, I think RE3 and RE7 can fit 2-3 groups each depending on which enemies you consider. Its tempting to go into more detail, but I need to wait.

35 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

I haven’t watched/played/read most of the groups available so I’ll sign up for The Holy Order of the Amyr as that has coolest sounding name in my opinion.

They are a myterious group with lots of cool lore. They kind of were wandering judges, and executioners. They had both legal authority and ecclesiastical powers from the church. They were the most powerful men and women in the world, their actions were considered above reproach. They could kill a man on the street and say it was nessary and they wouldn't be questioned. One day though, the Amyr suddenly just disappeared. Even the records of what they did, like court cases they oversaw are missing from every official library. Everyone knows they existed, but no one can really tell you anything specific about them anymore. They are fading into legend.

The protagonist of the books is trying to find them so he can uncover their secrets and also stop a group of supernatural entities called the Chandrian, that kind of show up our of nowhere and just murder an entire village and disappear again. No one dares even talk of the Chandrian for fear of drawing their attention. The Amyr are supposedly their opposition, but where are they?! 'Why do the Chandrian do what they do?' and 'Where are the Amyr?' are the mysteries that drive the books forward. I need to know! But the author is dragging his feet on finishing the final book. I'll stop rambling about them now and get you added. Thanks for joining!

Edited by spacey_dweeb
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gumby114 said:

I am looking to join have a question. If I say join clan Belmont - possible monsters would be vampires, but I wouldn't need to play Castlevania would I? We are locked to a certain game just to a certain group of monsters?

All teams will have the same monster list. The Team Name is just a team name. It won't impact what choices you have for games. You can play Hello Kitty Island Adventure as long as it has a monster that works for your list. Different teams may end up splitting up monsters in different ways, you'll just need to work together to decide how you do it. 

1 hour ago, spacey_dweeb said:

All teams will have the same monster list. The Team Name is just a team name. It won't impact what choices you have for games. You can play Hello Kitty Island Adventure as long as it has a monster that works for your list. Different teams may end up splitting up monsters in different ways, you'll just need to work together to decide how you do it. 

Makes sense. Sorry for the silly question. 

Throw me into Clan Belmont if that suits its current members. 

13 hours ago, dark_moon689 said:

Sign me up, I'll join the brothers Grimm.

I have a few games in my to do list that have hopefully enough of monsters types that I can use.

I got you added. I hope you have fun with your games. 

4 hours ago, Xensid02 said:

Sign me up for Mystery Incorporated!

Got it!

2 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

I'll join Team Free Will, as it's the only name I'm familiar with,  seeing as I'm the only one let's see if others join, this might be a good occasion to fire up the Van Helsing games, and maybe get Diablo out of the way.

I added you. I might do Diablo as well. 

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I guess I'm the first one in the Order of the Phoenix then.

I'll defeat Voldemort.

You've been added. Hope you end up with a good team!