Monster Hunt 2020 - Concluded

7 hours ago, Inuty said:

@spacey_dweeb Mentioned in the first post the following: 

If a team is not full when the event starts, their required bounties will be adjusted down to maintain an average of five games per hunter. However, they will have their list of available bounties modified randomly and have to pick from a smaller list of monsters, it will be treated as if another team member had already completed those bounties.“

We will give further information on the smaller list of bounties if the beginning of the event gets closer. So we hope you can wait a little bit longer :) 

until the start of the event we hope there are a lot more people who wants to join the fun of bounty hunting ;)

@ArtikSkarab Inuty has it right. I will wait a couple weeks after the event starts. Then I'll close sign ups and run the draft on monsters; and I'll do my best to make sure I don't interfere with monsters people have in progress.

Edited by spacey_dweeb
  • Like 1

Sounds fun, sign me up pls,  Mystery Inc if it is available if not, Claymores.  Just looking to have a good time and clean up some backlog.

Edited by Spinacheq
read it wrong thought mystery inc, my first choice was full and second look it wasn't :)
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Inuty said:

Mentioned in the first post the following: 

If a team is not full when the event starts, their required bounties will be adjusted down to maintain an average of five games per hunter. However, they will have their list of available bounties modified randomly and have to pick from a smaller list of monsters, it will be treated as if another team member had already completed those bounties.“

We will give further information on the smaller list of bounties if the beginning of the event gets closer. So we hope you can wait a little bit longer :) 

until the start of the event we hope there are a lot more people who wants to join the fun of bounty hunting ;)

Ah! Missed that in the GIANT BLOCK OF TEXT ?. All good then! I do see that the roster of some teams changed recently: I'm assuming that some people changed their minds and removed themselves from the event?

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Ah! Missed that in the GIANT BLOCK OF TEXT ?. All good then! I do see that the roster of some teams changed recently: I'm assuming that some people changed their minds and removed themselves from the event?

Yeah, a couple people thought they would be too busy and didn't want to hold back a team so they backed out. I told them they were welcome back if they changed their mind. Slots are still first come first served though, so they may end up on a different team.

55 minutes ago, Spinacheq said:

Sounds fun, sign me up pls,  Mystery Inc if it is available if not, Claymores.  Just looking to have a good time and clean up some backlog.

You've been added to Mystery Inc.

22 minutes ago, Kittykat-san said:

I would be interested in joining. I don’t care much which team I’m on so just roll a die for me.

Glad to have you! You ended up as a Claymore.

4 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

No worries,  we are here to help in case of any questions ;)

Edited by Inuty
  • Like 1

@spacey_dweeb  Question, just to clarify my mental thought processing, and I may be over thinking it completely.  For the determination of EZPZ you use the formula below:

On 8/2/2020 at 4:30 AM, spacey_dweeb said:

This will be determined by the simple formula of (Plat Difficulty) x (Hours Needed). If that number is less than 18 then it is going to count as an EZPZ plat.

My question is about the plat difficulty.  On the guides it is listed as a number out of 10.  for example monster monipiece, using this as I have already finished it, 3/10  with 25 hours.  Does this mean for the calculation 3 x 25 = 75 points so not EZPZ.  or is it (3/10) x 25 = 7.5 so counts as a EZPZ since it is under 18.  Like I said I might be overthinking it when I was rereading the rules.

thanks in advance for the answer. ?

I got another question, related to @Spinacheq's one:

Since easy plats are banned, do we get addicional points based on the rarity of the games we finish? Like, i'm planning to throw games like Evil Within, Outlast 2(don't know yet if we kill something in it or just run around like teens in horror movies), in my list, if i finish those games my team will get any bonus points for the rarity, or the winner of the event is based only on who finish the bounties first? 

1 hour ago, Spinacheq said:

@spacey_dweeb  Question, just to clarify my mental thought processing, and I may be over thinking it completely.  For the determination of EZPZ you use the formula below:

My question is about the plat difficulty.  On the guides it is listed as a number out of 10.  for example monster monipiece, using this as I have already finished it, 3/10  with 25 hours.  Does this mean for the calculation 3 x 25 = 75 points so not EZPZ.  or is it (3/10) x 25 = 7.5 so counts as a EZPZ since it is under 18.  Like I said I might be overthinking it when I was rereading the rules.

thanks in advance for the answer. 1f604.png

The first one, where it's worth 75. I'm just trying to prevent someone from doing a bunch of 3/10 games that take a couple hours each. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spacey_dweeb said:

The first one, where it's worth 75. I'm just trying to prevent someone from doing a bunch of 3/10 games that take a couple hours each

Thanks for the quick response. Like I said I was probably over thinking it, as I was looking at rules and trying to decide if I had a game or two I could dive into until the event started, since I don't play a lot of sport games I was going to use the clarification to see if I had too many EZPZ games and i could just play one of those hehe.  Thanks, again.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

I got another question, related to @Spinacheq's one:

Since easy plats are banned, do we get addicional points based on the rarity of the games we finish? Like, i'm planning to throw games like Evil Within, Outlast 2(don't know yet if we kill something in it or just run around like teens in horror movies), in my list, if i finish those games my team will get any bonus points for the rarity, or the winner of the event is based only on who finish the bounties first? 

No, unfortunately it won't help the team out of you do something challenging or lengthy. But there is a possibility of side prizes. I mentioned that if Van Helsing team wins, the gift cards would be given out in such a manner. However, I was considering putting some distinctions on the event badges and was going to work with the VHA members to come up with a some titles to hand out. Like "Most Courageous" for whoever played the most horror games etc. Rarest platinum easily fits in. 

5 minutes ago, Spinacheq said:

Thanks for the quick response. Like I said I was probably over thinking it, as I was looking at rules and trying to decide if I had a game or two I could dive into until the event started, since I don't play a lot of sport games I was going to use the clarification to see if I had too many EZPZ games and i could just play one of those hehe.  Thanks, again.

No problem. It's a good question. I'm also right there with you trying to figure out how to spend my time this week. 

Edited by spacey_dweeb
  • Like 2

On 8/26/2020 at 7:22 AM, scemopagliaccioh said:

I'm afraid I'll have to retire from the competition, I'm extremely  burned out lately  and need a break, remove also Themachineherald  from the competition, or she'll pester me that I invited her to the competition  only to zone out at the end.

Okay, I'll get you removed. 

Edited by Herr Hieb

The start date is getting close! The list of bounties is now posted and you guys can figure out which games you want to picka nd coordinate with your teams. If you want to swap teams, I'll allow it now. I thought we'd end up being more full than we got. You are fine to remain where you are. A winning team doesn't have to be full. 

I love the designs.

OK, Clan Belmont! Here's the situation. I have three games I plan to finish up for GBN3 before I can focus on this event. I've purposely waited on these three games until September so I can count them for this event too. As of right now, they are Another World, Ghoulboy, and Iconoclasts. I have no clue what kind of monsters are in those games, but I assume they'll each count for something (though they might all be considered EZPZ). I also plan to finish up Castlevania: HoD for my 10k milestone. I only have one trophy left in that game, but my argument will be that it requires killing 10,000 enemies...and I'm not even halfway there after doing all the other trophies in the game. Unfortunately, that might also be considered EZPZ, but that's what I'm kinda stuck with, guys.

I'll be more useful after September 15.

I don't have any specific games planned for after that, so maybe you guys each claim two or three monsters for now. I'll try to find some replacement games for my list.