Monster Hunt 2020 - Concluded

4 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

@Herr Hieb could a military dictator count towards Evil Human - Psycho?

I think so. If they are actually like a true villain and not just the guy on the other side of the fence. The examples on the side are just to get people to realize what I meant and not necessarily all inclusive. That lady in Wolfenstein is definitely a psycho.

12 minutes ago, Panasbananas said:

Wow I know I'm late but is it still okay to join the event? Any team would be fine! 

Yeah plenty of time. Do you want to pick a team or have me do a random assignment?

4 minutes ago, Herr Hieb said:

I think so. If they are actually like a true villain and not just the guy on the other side of the fence. The examples on the side are just to get people to realize what I meant and not necessarily all inclusive. That lady in Wolfenstein is definitely a psycho.

The basic plot is you return to your homeland to find it’s under the control of a dictator and as you go through the game you have to take control back and at the end you get the option of killing him or letting him kill himself.

1 hour ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

So is capturing a ghost allowed? I bought that Ghostbusters remaster game.

Yeah I think so. The monster should be like a challenge you overcome, like a battle of some sort. Not just something you walk by or talk to. Ultimately, if a game is disputed I can't say 100% what is accepted or not, because of the vote aspect, but I think this would work and not be challenged in the first place.

1 hour ago, Panasbananas said:

Random assignment please! 

I rolled a 4, you got Black Cat Detective.

@Herr Hieb could I jump teams and sign up for Clan Belmont which will give another full team.

Games I’m planning on doing are;

Just Cause 3 for Evil Humans - Psycho.

Dead Nation (PS3) for Undead Monsters - Zombie. Edit: I might change this to Created Monster - Abomination for the Cutter enemy as zombies are a pretty common enemy in games.

Darksiders 3 which has a big variety of monsters so I’ll go with Beasts - Swarms for the time being but can be changed to something else.

Devil May Cry (PS3) for Biblical Monsters - Infernal Creature.

Uncharted 2 for Cryptid and Folklore - Yeti.

Edited by FilmFanatic
  • Like 2

Oh hell yes! Bounties are posted and I'm ready to get my hunt on! Looks like some of Clan Belmont has already gotten what they're going to do up, so I'm gonna try to pick some ones that leave options open.

MediEvil is one I've been meaning to do for ages, and has practically everything under the sun in it. I can use this for whatever is open at the time, but I might pick something more uncommon like mummy when it comes down to it.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is because, I mean, I'm on Clan Belmont. Can hardly do that without killing some vampires, right? That said this game has a ton of monsters you need to kill so again pretty open. Vampire would be my first pick but it could go for a lot of things.

Blasphemous has you kill Gods. I might be able to get away with Infernal here, but all of the religious stuff is REALLY heavy, and I guess our newest member has that covered. So yeah, Gods are handled, sorry not sorry.

Control is for Heavenly Creatures. It was explicitly listed as one that uses Astral enemies from the Hiss, and I've been dying to play the new DLC. Call me Space the God Killer I guess since that's two from the biblical creatures category.

Yomawari: Night Alone I think covers Specters. While you're unable to attack them for most of the game, it's to my understanding that you banish the big spirit behind all the hauntings at the end of the game. I've been trying to avoid spoilers for obvious reasons, but I'm 99% sure you at least kill one spirit by the end of the game, if not more.

If anyone has any objections about these let me know. So hyped to get into this! 

• Like 4

@Herr Hieb I’ve put a few hours into Just Cause 3 today (it’s the 29th here). Is it a problem if I keep playing before September? The plat will take an easy 60 to 70 hours, if not longer (the guide on PSNP says 90 hours). And I’ll also be doing the DLCs which is another 10 hours on top so the amount of time I’ll put in will be small compared to the total time. If not, I’ll play something for fun in the mean time.

Looking good, Clan Belmont. From my extensive research (about five seconds), it looks like I'll be able to tackle Extraterrestrial in Another World and Robot/Android in Iconoclasts. I'll replace Ghoulboy with something that isn't a 3 hour platinum.

I feel kinda cheap using Castlevania: HoD. Even if it's a long grind for the last trophy, I could literally do it with my eyes closed. I won't submit it for a vote, but I also won't be able to work on any other games until I finish that one.

49 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

@Herr Hieb I’ve put a few hours into Just Cause 3 today (it’s the 29th here). Is it a problem if I keep playing before September? The plat will take an easy 60 to 70 hours, if not longer (the guide on PSNP says 90 hours). And I’ll also be doing the DLCs which is another 10 hours on top so the amount of time I’ll put in will be small compared to the total time. If not, I’ll play something for fun in the mean time.

I can't say 100% because of the voting aspect of the disputes. However, I think you should be okay, because that game will take a long time during the competition and you're not "staging" it, but I still encourage people to not make significant progress on anything in August or other hunters may want to dispute.And if it goes up for a vote, I don't know how the other VHA members may go. 

38 minutes ago, Herr Hieb said:

I can't say 100% because of the voting aspect of the disputes. However, I think you should be okay, because that game will take a long time during the competition and you're not "staging" it, but I still encourage people to not make significant progress on anything in August or other hunters may want to dispute.And if it goes up for a vote, I don't know how the other VHA members may go. 

Ok, I’ll continue playing it since it is a long plat and if it gets disputed then it gets disputed.

• Like 1

With the bounties revealed and all bounties is open for me since I'm the sole member of team Free Will.

Valkyria Chronicles - Valkyrur/Valkyria is based on Valkyries which are a Heavenly Creature of sorts.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors - Fish-men are more fish like then the Merfolk(Mermaid and the male version).

Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce - Has three Giant Animals from the three kingdoms(Dragon, Tiger and Phoenix)

Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen - Has at least one god.

Injustice 2 - Brainiac is a Coluan(A species from space so Extraterrestrial)

Jump Force - At least there's two(three with DLC) Characters that are of the Specter kind well two is Shinigami and the DLC Character is Arrancar(Hollow that removed their mask) well in any case they used to be a normal soul at some point in time.

• Like 1

I didnt make a big plan, but i will finish first digimon world next order which cant count for the event (still 30 hours left for the platin). I think i will play the New borderlands 3 dlc which we could use for the psycho bounty,  if no one collect the bounty first :)

49 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

Cool, the event hasn't even started and i'm already seeing a bunch of staged games and 1~3h plats, who would've guessed :)

Yea, but that seems logical with a 'who is the fastest' concept. Would be fun if there was also a point system for the one that slayed the hardest monsters (platinum). 

As for the guys you wanna call when it is spooky. I've seen a lot of impressive plats coming through. :D

We will see what terrifying monstrotous we are gonna slay in this event. 

Go team! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Yea, but that seems logical with a 'who is the fastest' concept. Would be fun if there was also a point system for the one that slayed the hardest monsters (platinum). 

As for the guys you wanna call when it is spooky. I've seen a lot of impressive plats coming through. :D

We will see what terrifying monstrotous we are gonna slay in this event. 

Go team! 

Yeah, but i just got discouraged, was throwing unstarted games like Evil within, Death stranding, DMC 5 on my list, but i would just be a hassle for my team

@Herr Hieb can you remove me from the event please? I'll just be a cheerleader this time

Good luck and have fun everybody :)

Hm. If I could make a suggestion, why don't we allow any team who finishes all the bounties to be eligible for first place? If three teams finish everything, for example, you could roll a die to determine the winner. Or you could use some other criteria for a tiebreaker, such as longest or hardest games played. This way nobody feels rushed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phantochi said:

Cool, the event hasn't even started and i'm already seeing a bunch of staged games and 1~3h plats, who would've guessed :)

The rules prevent people from using all 1-3 hour plats and there is a dispute process for staged games. Not sure what your problem is, but I removed you like you asked. 

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

Hm. If I could make a suggestion, why don't we allow any team who finishes all the bounties to be eligible for first place? If three teams finish everything, for example, you could roll a die to determine the winner. Or you could use some other criteria for a tiebreaker, such as longest or hardest games played. This way nobody feels rushed.

I'll definitely consider this. Give me until tomorrow and I'll make up my mind about it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Phantochi said:

Where are you seeing these? I've planned out what I'm gonna do for my team, but it's not like they're rigged. Are you just looking at people's profiles? The rules prevent that from happening anyway.

• Like 1

Hey Clan Belmont
I haven't paired these off with which categories they'd go with but these are the games I thought I would use for this:

Borderlands 3
Bound by Flame

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Last of Us Remastered

Layers of Fear

Prey

Edited by AmarisSkye
  • Like 1