What game(s) brought your completion streak to an end?

DaveMcDamage

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

He probably could. I mean he 100 percented Crypt of the Necrodancer for Christ's sake. Far beyond my skill range.

Ahh my friend... you fell straight into the trap. For Puyo Puyo is not skill based, but RNG luck based. *laughs menacingly whilst retreating back into cave*

Super Meat Boy broke the back of my 100% profile. Getting Impossible Boy turned out to be actually impossible for me, I stopped making any meassurable progress over a dozen hours before I realized that it was hopeless and then gave up on it for good, I was not even close. Took me years to get this far, this was already a sure sign that it was beyond my natural possibilities, no matter how long I were to practice it, but I had to at least try to say I gave it my all. Quitting on a completionist profile 2 trophies away from being back at 100%, on the plat that was supposed to be the glorious number 50 milestone after years playing it on and off definitely hurts a lot and I seriously considered either hiding the game, or actually starting an entirely new profile over this, but then decided against it. I am too proud of some of the games I have finished and don't want to do many of them again to repair my current profile, also my rarest plat is impossible to get by now, and even if it was not I probably wouldn't be too thrilled to put hundreds of hours into that game again anyway.

Having buried a 100% profile leaves one with a severe lack of motivation in comparison, because the main trophy goal I had until now is just gone. Who cares if it is 99.99% or 74%, more or less the same, not 100 but way above 50. I took a several week break to digest this disaster and have returned to another worthy game for a 50th plat milestone, Jotun, but I am struggling a LOT with the last few trophies and I lack the willpower I had before, now that there is not really anything on the line anymore aside from me wanting a good plat for the 50th milestone, which will probably be not enough, so I am likely to give up on it sooner than I would have before if I start to think it is out of my reach. At this point, the only thing that can save my 100% is if Sony implements the option to delete games from the profile for good, which I would do in a heartbeat for Super Meat Boy, fuck that game, and fuck that it came to me as a gift from PsPlus years back.

Edited by Nighcisama
  • Like 2

On 8/9/2020 at 4:32 AM, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

I was just teasing him. 

I RESPECT the man lol anyone who could 100% White Knight Chronicles... 

I will go Wayne's World and get on my knees and bow yelling "I'm not worthy!"

Anyone can plat WKC 1&2 online but you know what, I did them solo lol. I kept track of what I was doing on another forum and helped a couple other crazy players to plat them too. Whish I had no life and devote myself to trophies but my job and my gf are in disagreement lmao

Thanks for the appreciation guys, I have my share of hard plats, of course there are people with a higher number of hard plats then me around, I don't seek hard plats for the sake of it, just play the games I'm interested in, easy or hard, then stubborness does the rest.

Edited by Brightblade76
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Anyone can plat WKC 1&2 online but you know what, I did them solo lol. I kept track of what I was doing on another forum and helped a couple other crazy players to plat them too. Whish I had no life and devote myself to trophies but my job and my gf are in disagreement lmao

Thanks for the appreciation guys, I have my share of hard plats, of course there are people with a higher number of hard plats then me around, I don't seek hard plats for the sake of it, just play the games I'm interested in, easy or hard, then stubborness does the rest.

Much respect to you man, your a beast and a great inspration to me on this site.

Also the fauct that you have other things going on too as well is something to really admire.

Its better to be well rounded in life tbh.

Having 300 plus plats that are mostly thow away garbage or having nothing else to show beyond that is any but impressive.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R

48 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Much respect to you man, your a beast and a great inspration to me on this site.

Also the fauct that you have other things going on too as well is something to really admire.

Its better to be well rounded in life tbh.

Having 300 plus plats that are mostly thow away garbage or having nothing else to show beyond that is any but impressive.

Thanks, much appreciated.

I must admit there are plats I probably wouldn't dare to touch, due to a combination of difficulty and the fact that they don't appeal to me, Super Meat Boy, some crazy japanese shoot'em up games, I did some hair pulling stuff like Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for Vita, which I still consider my hardest plat, but I knew I liked the game, while the idea of getting stuck for countless hours on a frustrating game which, moreover, I dont't like... no thanks. Sometimes this happens even with games I like, there must be a limit to masochism lol

Edited by Brightblade76

16 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Wait you still can 100% White Knight Chronicles 1& 2 offline?

And you're nuts... The Vita Ninja Gaiden... Geez..

20 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Ahh my friend... you fell straight into the trap. For Puyo Puyo is not skill based, but RNG luck based. *laughs menacingly whilst retreating back into cave*

He's one of the few already to get the infamous "Infallible" trophy at Fall Guys, beat WSII: TNC (twice) and has the second place WW record for speedrun in this site (which puts me sad, because I wanted him to be the 1st in the leaderboard), and has insane timestamps for games known by their difficuilty as Driveclub, which took him 2 days while for me was about 2 months. But would be awesome if he acknowledges about this challenge and he suddenly beat it in a speedrun fancy mode, LOL. What about the top 25? I'm looking for inspiration! 

On 8/4/2020 at 5:27 PM, MarioMan200 said:

Before I started trophy hunting.

mine is before and after... and somewhat during.. LOL

honestly, I think its a bit obsessive compulsive to care about what percentage completion you are. I get having an alternate account to TRY games before starting them on your main to see if its right for you.. I don't endorse or advocate this, but if that's you, I can respect that..

what I don't get is playing through a game multiple times and collecting everything and seeing every ending just to get a platinum in a game that you didn't like. I used to only platinum games that I liked. Didn't matter if they were hard, easy, short, long, RPG, shooter... all that mattered is that I enjoyed it, and it was worth the effort to plat because it was something I had fun with and enjoyed doing..

16 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Thanks, much appreciated.

I must admit there are plats I probably wouldn't dare to touch, due to a combination of difficulty and the fact that they don't appeal to me, Super Meat Boy, some crazy japanese shoot'em up games, I did some hair pulling stuff like Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for Vita, which I still consider my hardest plat, but I knew I liked the game, while the idea of getting stuck for countless hours on a frustrating game which, moreover, I dont't like... no thanks. Sometimes this happens even with games I like, there must be a limit to masochism lol

I saw you have 'A' on that Arsetto racing game. Is that because you just haven't gotten round to finishing it yet, or are you saving up for a wheel? Heard some of the time requirements need a wheel due to the deadlock on the control pad.

Had an old gaming pal back in the 360 days. He luuuuuuuuuuuuuurved Ninja Gaiden 2. I tried to complete with him but that was the very first game that broke my completion streak. He played it so much that his ingame timer stopped at 999 hours played. The DLC was toughest for him but when he got it I was so proud of him. Cracking gaming skills. 

Anway. I super double dare you to play Judgement and take on the evil that is, Puyo Puyo. 

4 hours ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Wait you still can 100% White Knight Chronicles 1& 2 offline?

And you're nuts... The Vita Ninja Gaiden... Geez..

Yes you can, both games, as long as you patch them and make the "blue dot" quests available, but the solo grind is on par if not worse than the Star Ocean Last Hope one.

2 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I saw you have 'A' on that Arsetto racing game. Is that because you just haven't gotten round to finishing it yet, or are you saving up for a wheel? Heard some of the time requirements need a wheel due to the deadlock on the control pad.

Had an old gaming pal back in the 360 days. He luuuuuuuuuuuuuurved Ninja Gaiden 2. I tried to complete with him but that was the very first game that broke my completion streak. He played it so much that his ingame timer stopped at 999 hours played. The DLC was toughest for him but when he got it I was so proud of him. Cracking gaming skills. 

Anway. I super double dare you to play Judgement and take on the evil that is, Puyo Puyo. 

Which racing game? Are you sure you were looking at my profile? I'm playing DMC right now and that's the only game I have in progress. 

2 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

I 1250 NG2 on 360 back n the day. ?

And Id do it all over again if it was ever remastered on ps4/5.

Such a timeless game.

3 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Which racing game? Are you sure you were looking at my profile? I'm playing DMC right now and that's the only game I have in progress. 

Apologies. It may have been that Florriis guy I was looking at as he was also mentioned in this thread. 

Its my Birthday soon so if I haven't beaten Puyo Puyo by then, I will give this profile away. That way they can hopefully finish Judgement and then keep the streak going. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage

• 1 month later...

Well thats all the fat budgie wrote.

I lost the best with a pal to complete the Judgment game by my next birthday (still have over a week but won't have the time). So this box of almost completion goes to my mates lad. No doubt making use of the PS+ subscription and the profile will be twatted with the likes of FIFA and CoD games within a matter of days. 

Just wanted to say a big thanks for all the banter I have gotten into with some of you. And also to apologise for the last two months or so due to the frustration that this game brought me. I'm sorry if I spoiled your viewing pleasure. 

To all of you, I hope the next gen brings you nothing short of gaming orgasmatronical moments. Take care and all the best. 

Now to do that stupid shit so I can disconnect the account from this site. 

Tooooooooooooooooooooodles to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DaveMcDamage

• 1 year later...

The day will come but not yet. Props to those who persist and not give up. Unfortunately, there are too many factors these days that will prevent a player from completing the game and trophies not just a lack of personal time or skill. Completionists need to be diligent, thoughtful, and clever when it comes to gaming and profile management.