Current state of the 100%

After having gone through Division 1 100% recently I was wondering how much of a beefy 100% this is in comparison to the first game. That one took 130 hours to 100%, but wasn't difficult per se, what's this game's 100% looking like so far? Are any of the trophies really difficult?

The base game is pretty easy.  The only place you'll run into trouble are the two trophies for the raids.  The first raid has matchmaking and is pretty much a DPS check.  The second raid doesn't have matchmaking and requires specific roles.  You will need DPS, tank, and healer builds and very good communication.  On top of that there are also a lot of blue screen issues on PS4 and some other bugs in the raid that can completely ruin a run.  I have put plenty of time into Div 1 and Div 2 and IMO Div 1 is the better game.  There is some more content coming out soon for Div 2, I don't know if they have an official name for it, but right now it's called Skyscraper.  Kind of sounds like the Underground but in a... skyscraper.  :P

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 0:53 PM, SirShavesALot said:

The base game is pretty easy.  The only place you'll run into trouble are the two trophies for the raids.  The first raid has matchmaking and is pretty much a DPS check.  The second raid doesn't have matchmaking and requires specific roles.  You will need DPS, tank, and healer builds and very good communication.  On top of that there are also a lot of blue screen issues on PS4 and some other bugs in the raid that can completely ruin a run.  I have put plenty of time into Div 1 and Div 2 and IMO Div 1 is the better game.  There is some more content coming out soon for Div 2, I don't know if they have an official name for it, but right now it's called Skyscraper.  Kind of sounds like the Underground but in a... skyscraper.  :P

Isn't matchmaking coming for the 2nd raid though eventually?

18 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

Isn't matchmaking coming for the 2nd raid though eventually?

Pretty sure it is.  Devs haven't said when though.  The main issue with the second raid is the fact that everyone can't run around with a DPS build like you can in Dark Hours.  If you get into a random group and don't have the necessary builds it's going to be a rough time.

1 hour ago, SirShavesALot said:

Pretty sure it is.  Devs haven't said when though.  The main issue with the second raid is the fact that everyone can't run around with a DPS build like you can in Dark Hours.  If you get into a random group and don't have the necessary builds it's going to be a rough time.

I get what you're saying but I have no other option.  I mean story difficulty is pretty easy so Maybe we can still get it.  At this point I'm not dealing with trying to put together a 8 man raid team and going back and I'm sure all my gear is worthless at this point so it'd be like starting over.

12 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

I get what you're saying but I have no other option.  I mean story difficulty is pretty easy so Maybe we can still get it.  At this point I'm not dealing with trying to put together a 8 man raid team and going back and I'm sure all my gear is worthless at this point so it'd be like starting over.

Just curious.  Have you played since they implemented Gear 2.0?  If you haven't then it's basically starting from scratch.  When they rolled that out all of my gear was useless as they randomly re-rolled everything and I needed to re-do all of my builds.  You'll need a pretty decent build to get through the raid.  It's very mechanic heavy and definitely needs a good team to clear it.  Also, there are quite a few bugs with the raid right now.  Aside from the disconnects and blue screens there are some issues with the final boss that can completely break the encounter.  The game is not in a good place right now.

10 hours ago, SirShavesALot said:

Just curious.  Have you played since they implemented Gear 2.0?  If you haven't then it's basically starting from scratch.  When they rolled that out all of my gear was useless as they randomly re-rolled everything and I needed to re-do all of my builds.  You'll need a pretty decent build to get through the raid.  It's very mechanic heavy and definitely needs a good team to clear it.  Also, there are quite a few bugs with the raid right now.  Aside from the disconnects and blue screens there are some issues with the final boss that can completely break the encounter.  The game is not in a good place right now.

I played the last dlc they dropped the paid one.  that was the last time. 

11 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

I played the last dlc they dropped the paid one.  that was the last time. 

Ok, so you've at least has some time to play with Gear 2.0.  Saw that you hit agent level 40, which means that putting a decent build together shouldn't be too bad if you make use of the targeted loot system.  I would focus on making a DPS build as they are much easier to put together compared to a tank or healer build and you still need a good amount of DPS in the group to complete the raid.  I would wait for the Discovery Mode to come out.  They still haven't announced a date for it, but if it's anything like the Discovery Mode in Dark Hours then it should be much easier.  I honestly wouldn't waste your time trying to find a group right now and just wait for the matchmaking.  Good luck!

10 hours ago, SirShavesALot said:

Ok, so you've at least has some time to play with Gear 2.0.  Saw that you hit agent level 40, which means that putting a decent build together shouldn't be too bad if you make use of the targeted loot system.  I would focus on making a DPS build as they are much easier to put together compared to a tank or healer build and you still need a good amount of DPS in the group to complete the raid.  I would wait for the Discovery Mode to come out.  They still haven't announced a date for it, but if it's anything like the Discovery Mode in Dark Hours then it should be much easier.  I honestly wouldn't waste your time trying to find a group right now and just wait for the matchmaking.  Good luck!

thanks for the advice i think that is what I'll do!

• 2 weeks later...
On 13.8.2020 at 5:11 PM, SirShavesALot said:

Thanks for the advice.

ATM I‘m waiting for discovery mode to drop. I only want my 100% back. What build/what equipment do you recommend to farm for being ready with discovery mode?

I play a skill build and can clear missions without hassle on challenging. 

On 8/23/2020 at 5:32 AM, Zockervater said:

Thanks for the advice.

ATM I‘m waiting for discovery mode to drop. I only want my 100% back. What build/what equipment do you recommend to farm for being ready with discovery mode?

I play a skill build and can clear missions without hassle on challenging. 

If you're focusing on skills I would look to make either a healer or tank build.  Every group needs at least one of each to make it through the raid.  If you are looking to run something like a turret/drone build then you won't have much luck as some encounters require different tactics and those skills just can't cut it.  I also have a skill build that can easily clear heroic and (with some difficulty) get through Legendaries, but it is pretty useless in the raid.  I'll check my builds a little later and give you a better idea on what to farm for. 

For a DPS build you'll want to go for the something similar to the following (DPS builds are pretty cookie cutter):

- 3 piece Providence

- 2 piece Ceska

- Either Coyote Mask or a Grupo Sombre mask

For talents on the backpack you'll be looking for either Vigilance or Composure.

For talents on your chest you'll be looking for either Unbreakable or Glass Cannon (be very careful with Glass Cannon in the raid).

If you want to remove one piece Ceska you can do the kneepads and put on Fox's Prayer.  -10% hazard protection but gain +10% rifle damage and +8% damage to targets out of cover.

You want every piece to have as many red rolls as possible.  You'll be aiming for a high crit chance with high crit damage along with weapon damage.

In terms of weapons, you really can't go wrong with Baker's Dozen (or another well rolled Classic M1A) and pair that with an AR.  Pistol doesn't really matter.

For a Healer or Tank I honestly can't offer too much help.  If you want to go tank you will obviously want to get as much armor as possible.  You can look at the True Patriot set or the Foundry Bulwark set.  You'll want either a Bulwark Shield or a Crusader Shield depending on how tanky you want to be.  Bulwark will only let you use a sidearm, and that should be The Liberty due to its talent.  I don't have a healer build so hopefully someone else can comment on that.

Hope that helps.  :)

Edited by SirShavesALot

18 hours ago, SirShavesALot said:

If you're focusing on skills I would look to make either a healer or tank build.  Every group needs at least one of each to make it through the raid.  If you are looking to run something like a turret/drone build then you won't have much luck as some encounters require different tactics and those skills just can't cut it.  I also have a skill build that can easily clear heroic and (with some difficulty) get through Legendaries, but it is pretty useless in the raid.  I'll check my builds a little later and give you a better idea on what to farm for. 

For a DPS build you'll want to go for the something similar to the following (DPS builds are pretty cookie cutter):

- 3 piece Providence

- 2 piece Ceska

- Either Coyote Mask or a Grupo Sombre mask

For talents on the backpack you'll be looking for either Vigilance or Composure.

For talents on your chest you'll be looking for either Unbreakable or Glass Cannon (be very careful with Glass Cannon in the raid).

If you want to remove one piece Ceska you can do the kneepads and put on Fox's Prayer.  -10% hazard protection but gain +10% rifle damage and +8% damage to targets out of cover.

You want every piece to have as many red rolls as possible.  You'll be aiming for a high crit chance with high crit damage along with weapon damage.

In terms of weapons, you really can't go wrong with Baker's Dozen (or another well rolled Classic M1A) and pair that with an AR.  Pistol doesn't really matter.

For a Healer or Tank I honestly can't offer too much help.  If you want to go tank you will obviously want to get as much armor as possible.  You can look at the True Patriot set or the Foundry Bulwark set.  You'll want either a Bulwark Shield or a Crusader Shield depending on how tanky you want to be.  Bulwark will only let you use a sidearm, and that should be The Liberty due to its talent.  I don't have a healer build so hopefully someone else can comment on that.

Hope that helps.  :)

Thank you - that helps a lot.

I will start farming the three different sets.

27 minutes ago, ONUOsFan said:

The platinum and the NYC DLC are not bad to get, but I didn't even make an attempt at either of the raids.

The first raid honestly isn't too bad to complete.  The second one?  Yeah... that's a different story.  That was a major headache.  I ran it once and I never want to run it again, not the best testament to the design of the raid.  Can't remember how many times I ran VoG in Destiny.  The mechanics in Operation Iron Horse are pretty crazy.  It requires very good builds, very good communication, and a little luck hoping you don't get a blue screen or one of the many bugs that are currently in the raid.  Massive also hasn't announced a release date for the Discovery Mode yet, so not sure when that will be out.

43 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

The first raid honestly isn't too bad to complete.  The second one?  Yeah... that's a different story.  That was a major headache.  I ran it once and I never want to run it again, not the best testament to the design of the raid.  Can't remember how many times I ran VoG in Destiny.  The mechanics in Operation Iron Horse are pretty crazy.  It requires very good builds, very good communication, and a little luck hoping you don't get a blue screen or one of the many bugs that are currently in the raid.  Massive also hasn't announced a release date for the Discovery Mode yet, so not sure when that will be out.

They must have changed something, then, or you and your friends are much better at that stuff than I am. When I was still playing the game, the first raid was like 4-6 hours of coordination between really good and high level players and hoping no one had an issue. 

Maybe that's "normal" for these kinds of things, but that's more than I want to bother with.