Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Guiding lands and investigations Gold crowns

• 4 months later...

In my case I've only got: Ruiner Nergigante mini, Namielle (both mini & large), silver rathalos (both) and scarred yian garuga.

Just tried the cloud save method for infinite lures in the GL but for some reason the measurements of every R Nergigante are almost the same. For those who are familiar with cloud save decorations exploit, I feel like its almost the same. That being, if you use 4 lures in GL for example, don't get your crown, reload cloud save, you will get the same or almost identical size (this is based on 20 lures using this method and not a single RN was potentially a mini). I'm not sure if doing an invesitgation will move the nergigante sizes down a place in the "list" or even if this list exist in the first place.

Can anyone confirm they got a crown by rehashing their cloud save for lures in the GL?

On 09/05/2021 at 6:50 PM, Blasphemous_Bish said:

In my case I've only got: Ruiner Nergigante mini, Namielle (both mini & large), silver rathalos (both) and scarred yian garuga.

Just tried the cloud save method for infinite lures in the GL but for some reason the measurements of every R Nergigante are almost the same. For those who are familiar with cloud save decorations exploit, I feel like its almost the same. That being, if you use 4 lures in GL for example, don't get your crown, reload cloud save, you will get the same or almost identical size (this is based on 20 lures using this method and not a single RN was potentially a mini). I'm not sure if doing an invesitgation will move the nergigante sizes down a place in the "list" or even if this list exist in the first place.

Can anyone confirm they got a crown by rehashing their cloud save for lures in the GL?

I’m almost certain getting crowns with lures are the same as silver/gold investigations. I’m currently doing velkana 120 kills and still no large crown. I’d recommend doing tempered investigations if you’re really good, or if you’re not (like me) just do lures or the investigations it’s unfortunately way too rare. It’s so crazy I’ve stopped playing it for awhile. Might go back at it Later in the week, or month 

On 9-5-2021 at 7:50 PM, Blasphemous_Bish said:

I have done nothing but use the cloud save method to crown snipe, but with investigations. I strongly recommend against farming crowns in the guiding lands unless you're picking up tracks to get investigations. As far as I know monsters in the open world have the same crown chances as monster in certain missions, which is 1% for large and 2% for small. High quality investigations (gold & silver/ tempered) and crown sniping are the most efficient way to get crowns, period. Look up 'gaming with abyss' on youtube and you will find a full playlist with videos of the crown sizes for all the monsters and you can also see how many good investigations he has. I know a lot of people prefer to just go in, kill the monster and hope for the best but that is how a lot of people end up with 100+ kills and no crowns. 

• Like 1

On 11/05/2021 at 9:13 PM, a10j12 said:

I’m almost certain getting crowns with lures are the same as silver/gold investigations. I’m currently doing velkana 120 kills and still no large crown. I’d recommend doing tempered investigations if you’re really good, or if you’re not (like me) just do lures or the investigations it’s unfortunately way too rare. It’s so crazy I’ve stopped playing it for awhile. Might go back at it Later in the week, or month 

On 13/05/2021 at 11:04 PM, Lil-Gocee said:

I have done nothing but use the cloud save method to crown snipe, but with investigations. I strongly recommend against farming crowns in the guiding lands unless you're picking up tracks to get investigations. As far as I know monsters in the open world have the same crown chances as monster in certain missions, which is 1% for large and 2% for small. High quality investigations (gold & silver/ tempered) and crown sniping are the most efficient way to get crowns, period. Look up 'gaming with abyss' on youtube and you will find a full playlist with videos of the crown sizes for all the monsters and you can also see how many good investigations he has. I know a lot of people prefer to just go in, kill the monster and hope for the best but that is how a lot of people end up with 100+ kills and no crowns. 

Thank you for the feedback guys.

I've managed to nab a mini nergigante via tempered investigations. But nothing prepped me for Namielle. Holy cow. I have 2 tempered inv (2 boxes) and 2 multi gold/silver inv totalling 12 times I can go before cloud saving. It took me 4-5 cloud saves (so 50-60 snipes) to nab a mini Namielle. But I am still on large Namielle after around 100+ snipes. I have watched 3 different videos as I find Abyss's videos to be a tad misleading (camera is not level, and he rarely walks alongside the monster).

First of all, anyone going for large Namielle, I have found that when on a flat surface and his back legs are at a right-angle, your characters needs to be underneath the leg and with a large gap between your head and Namielle's back leg. I have killed around 4-5 that I can easily fit under the back leg and it got a middle-silver crown, and around 1-2 that have had a small gap between my characters head and Namielle's leg netting a high silver crown. Literally, I am 20m off of a gold crown yet some people in YouTube comments claim to net one 100m my silver crown!! 

Secondly, the majority of my elder dragon crowns are from GL and all were sniped fully within 20-40 lures, save 1-2 monsters (gold rathian and ruiner nergigante). So I would say that GL is doable but I'm not 100% if it is cloud save viable hence why tempered investigations are better since you can have "ultimated" tries.

11 minutes ago, Blasphemous_Bish said:

Thank you for the feedback guys.

I've managed to nab a mini nergigante via tempered investigations. But nothing prepped me for Namielle. Holy cow. I have 2 tempered inv (2 boxes) and 2 multi gold/silver inv totalling 12 times I can go before cloud saving. It took me 4-5 cloud saves (so 50-60 snipes) to nab a mini Namielle. But I am still on large Namielle after around 100+ snipes. I have watched 3 different videos as I find Abyss's videos to be a tad misleading (camera is not level, and he rarely walks alongside the monster).

First of all, anyone going for large Namielle, I have found that when on a flat surface and his back legs are at a right-angle, your characters needs to be underneath the leg and with a large gap between your head and Namielle's back leg. I have killed around 4-5 that I can easily fit under the back leg and it got a middle-silver crown, and around 1-2 that have had a small gap between my characters head and Namielle's leg netting a high silver crown. Literally, I am 20m off of a gold crown yet some people in YouTube comments claim to net one 100m my silver crown!! 

Secondly, the majority of my elder dragon crowns are from GL and all were sniped fully within 20-40 lures, save 1-2 monsters (gold rathian and ruiner nergigante). So I would say that GL is doable but I'm not 100% if it is cloud save viable hence why tempered investigations are better since you can have "ultimated" tries.

Is the large namielle the only one you still need?

1 minute ago, Lil-Gocee said:

Is the large namielle the only one you still need?

Nah, once Namielle is done, I'm going to cry in a corner cause the last two are scarred yian garuga and silver rathalos. Both of which I don't have anywhere near the levels for in GL and and no investigations for despite netting over 500 of them. 

2 minutes ago, Blasphemous_Bish said:

Nah, once Namielle is done, I'm going to cry in a corner cause the last two are scarred yian garuga and silver rathalos. Both of which I don't have anywhere near the levels for in GL and and no investigations for despite netting over 500 of them. 

I might have a save with some good investigations left and I know for a fact that I had the scarred yian garuga unlocked in my GL when I stopped playing. Do you happen to know if the levels go down over time? Otherwise I could redownload the game and let u hunt in my session.

1 minute ago, Lil-Gocee said:

I might have a save with some good investigations left and I know for a fact that I had the scarred yian garuga unlocked in my GL when I stopped playing. Do you happen to know if the levels go down over time? Otherwise I could redownload the game and let u hunt in my session.

They only decrease after hunting monsters in other areas than the ones you wish to keep. You can lock them so they stay the same no matter how many hunts you do.

That'd be awesome though if you could. Do you have silver rathalos too? That'd be a wet dream if you did.

1 minute ago, Blasphemous_Bish said:

They only decrease after hunting monsters in other areas than the ones you wish to keep. You can lock them so they stay the same no matter how many hunts you do.

That'd be awesome though if you could. Do you have silver rathalos too? That'd be a wet dream if you did.

Cool, I'll redownload it then and will see what I have unlocked. I'll message you on ps once it's done, if your settings will allow me. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 1:45 AM, Blasphemous_Bish said:

Sounds good to me.

PSN is the same as my name but I don't have a strict routine with my times available. Hit me up when you free and I'll let you know when I can. Thanks again!

Hey there, I sent you a friend request on PSN as well if you want to hunt together. I'm working my way through the crowns at the moment. Cheers!

• 2 months later...

FINALLY! After nearly 600 HOURS I’ve finally got all the crowns I honestly can’t believe it’s over. Anyways for anyone reading this in the future here’s how many kills the final monsters took, Velkhana,185, blackveil Vaal Hazak,74, lunastra,112, and namielle, 62.  Thanks to everyone for all the advice on how to get this. See you all later

Edited by a10j12
  • Like 1