How is my game completion calculated?

Hey, I'm not sure if this question has already been answered, I couldn't find one by searching the forums. Can anyone explain how the trophy completion rate is calculated? If someone can earn say 600 trophies and they've earned 300 this should equate to a completion rate of 50% but the site doesn't calculate this way. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Profile completion rate and game completion rate are calculated using each trophies values (:bronze:=15 :silver:=15 :gold:=90 :platinum:=180 though plats don’t count for profile completion rate) not the number of trophies. So if a game is worth 1200 point total then getting 600 points worth of trophies will give you 50% game completion.

Little typo; Silver = 30 :)

But other than that, this is very much how it works!

Also the leaderboard, both nationally and globally, it can be calculated from the number of games you have, which is kind of tedious because even if you have 30 games at 100% with platinums, you will still be in place 500,000 worldwide while someone with 1,200 games with a 75% is at place 200 around. Really awkward, smh.

17 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

Little typo; Silver = 30 :)

But other than that, this is very much how it works!

Fixed.

11 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Also the leaderboard, both nationally and globally, it can be calculated from the number of games you have, which is kind of tedious because even if you have 30 games at 100% with platinums, you will still be in place 500,000 worldwide while someone with 1,200 games with a 75% is at place 200 around. Really awkward, smh.

The leaderboards are also based on points. The more points you have, the higher your ranking. It has nothing to do with completion rate. 30 games at 100% could give you 36,000 points while 1200 games at 75% could give you one million points.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

Fixed.

The leaderboards are also based on points. The more points you have, the higher your ranking. It has nothing to do with completion rate. 30 games at 100% could give you 36,000 points while 1200 games at 75% could give you one million points.

Any reason why PS (or this site btw) works like that? Instead of giving them points or more clear values for them, they just give us by the color of the trophies, instead as gamerscore with achievements, where they are exactly values with the points they give, rather than the symbol for that value. I find this really sad.

32 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Any reason why PS (or this site btw) works like that? Instead of giving them points or more clear values for them, they just give us by the color of the trophies, instead as gamerscore with achievements, where they are exactly values with the points they give, rather than the symbol for that value. I find this really sad.

I totally disagree with that, in my case I hate the gamerscore because knowing it means nothing, you can have 30.000 of gamerscore and it could mean 30 games at 1.000 or 300 at 100... But if you see a PSN Trophy Card and you see the plats or gold trophies (Well, lets ignore than ratalaika and similar destroyed that in the last years) you know that person finished completely a game or got the toughest trophies on some of them... And knowing the points of each type of trophy is just 1 minute of google tbh...

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I totally disagree with that, in my case I hate the gamerscore because knowing it means nothing, you can have 30.000 of gamerscore and it could mean 30 games at 1.000 or 300 at 100... But if you see a PSN Trophy Card and you see the plats or gold trophies (Well, lets ignore than ratalaika and similar destroyed that in the last years) you know that person finished completely a game or got the toughest trophies on some of them... And knowing the points of each type of trophy is just 1 minute of google tbh..

They're pretty much the same. As ultra rare trophies, there are rare achievements. TA records that too, but yeah, the layout and the manner it's presented in both consoles differ a lot. However, to me seems to be pretty much the same mechanic and calculation in both instances. Also, few hard trophies are sometimes bronze, so that can be misleading a little bit. But I respect your view, though.

4 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

Profile completion rate and game completion rate are calculated using each trophies values (:bronze:=15 :silver:=30 :gold:=90 :platinum:=180 though plats don’t count for profile completion rate) not the number of trophies. So if a game is worth 1200 point total then getting 600 points worth of trophies will give you 50% game completion.

Just a note. 

The completion % does not count Platinum trophy points. So, the example isn't totally write. 

This is because a Platinum trophy increases does not increase an individual game % completion (that's why people can have a game at 99% completion by missing a Bronze trophy and the Platinum). 

As others mentioned, 0% games are ignored for the completion %. 

14 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Because they didn't want to copy Microsoft, do something on their own. So they came up with something else, although in essence, it is the same system, just with fixed values for Trophies (15, 30, 90) instead of developers being able to use more kinds of values but at the same time giving a more intrinsic value. Bronze you put as something easy, gold as something more meaningful. And it allows them to do better 'branding' like doing a contest where you could win an actual Platinum Trophy.

Edited by JoniP
  • Like 1