This game is so fun.

• 2 months later...

I preferred the first one.  More options for your hand/star cards (not limited to classes), preferred the hero tokens, better maps and game modes (cargo and droid run were a lot of fun)..   

This game did make it to a pretty good state after the early troubles but it still did not quite capture the magic of the first one.

• Like 2

On 02/08/2020 at 7:44 PM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Just wanted to stop by to spread some love for Battlefront II because I think along with games like Destiny 2 this has quietly become amazing but has not received the No Man's Sky comeback it deserves.

I should preface this by saying I rarely buy games day 1 so naturally I missed all the lootcrap nonsense at the beginning so have no leftover bitterness towards it.

From what I have read about the state at launch this is almost like a different game.

The progression seems to be completely overhauled - I don't feel like I'm being gated from content at all. In fact, I am surprised at how much is available to the player right off the bat.

I have more than enough credits to get all the cosmetics and emotes i like and I don't feel like the game is trying to frustrate me into paying for them. 

The weapons and mods are acquired by simply being skilled with a particular weapon which makes total sense.

Star cards are  won via battle points/xp in a match which means, again, you're rewarded for being skilled as expected.

From what I've read, they've even improved some of the trophies by making them less luck based and/or tedious. While I prefer the PVP and obtained most of the class specific ones in PVP it's good to have that option because now one can easily farm 500 hero kills in co op rather than being forced to grind out Heroes and Villains ,which is perhaps the weakest of the modes I've played so far (a bunch of OP characters whacking each other does not appeal to me personally).

The animations, character quips, sound design and locales are top notch.  The different weapon and abilities look and feel great. With some much attention to detail, Dice has really captured the atmosphere of Star Wars. Mostly, the game just feels accessible to all types of gamers and those with different lifestyles and commitments. In others words, it values your time.

A shame it took such immense backlash for EA to see sense because if it had launched like how it is now it probably would have been a GOTY contender.

1f44d.png

I played it at launch and it's like a completely different experience online now, absolutely loving it. Definitely a lot more fun

On 05/11/2020 at 10:18 PM, papert0wng1rl said:

It is very fun, as long as you are not chasing trophies. I gotta "git gud" I guess.

Only trophy that's giving me a headache is the Starfighter kills, managed to take out 4 heros in one match the other morning but couldn't get any last night. Found it easier on Starfighter Assault, assists not counting make it more difficult

My advice is find mid day matches, seem to be less high lvl pilots

Couldn't agree more with OP.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I bought the game back in 2018 and honestly, didn't like it that much. Eventually I dropped it (didn't even bother finishing the campaign). This year I decided to sort out my games and finish them. I got really surprised with how much the MP was improved since the last time I played. Way more intuitive and skill based. I'm not very good at multiplayer games in general, but the game rewards me for getting better, which makes me want to play even more. 

I have a feeling that the Starfighter trophies are going to be a pain, but oh well. Flying around and shooting stuff is so much fun that I don't really care if I have to spend a lot of time there. 

On 11/15/2020 at 10:56 PM, flugurnarrr said:

Couldn't agree more with OP.

I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I bought the game back in 2018 and honestly, didn't like it that much. Eventually I dropped it (didn't even bother finishing the campaign). This year I decided to sort out my games and finish them. I got really surprised with how much the MP was improved since the last time I played. Way more intuitive and skill based. I'm not very good at multiplayer games in general, but the game rewards me for getting better, which makes me want to play even more. 

I have a feeling that the Starfighter trophies are going to be a pain, but oh well. Flying around and shooting stuff is so much fun that I don't really care if I have to spend a lot of time there. 

I was pretty excited to get SW BFII as PS Plus free game, because I've been eyeing it for a while. I wasn't a fan of multiplayer then, so I had my hopes high for the campaign. Boy, was it ever bad. Honestly, the single player felt like a long tutorial for the online stuff, or just an afterthought to an obviously MP oriented game. So when I finished the campaign I was pretty disappointed with Battlefront overall, but thankfully I gave MP a shot. It's definitely loads of fun! I don't have any issues spending ~100 hours just running/flying and shooting mindlessly. The trophies are also not bad at all, except the starfighter ones - those take some time and a bit of luck. If you are lower level, the starfighter mode also does not give as much xp as ground-based battles, in my experience, so using that to get to level 50 is a grind, even with triple xp events. Have to say, Battlefront 2 is responsible for me getting into multiplayer finally.

• Like 1

On 11.11.2020 at 6:19 PM, Turbobuddah said:

I played it at launch and it's like a completely different experience online now, absolutely loving it. Definitely a lot more fun

Only trophy that's giving me a headache is the Starfighter kills, managed to take out 4 heros in one match the other morning but couldn't get any last night. Found it easier on Starfighter Assault, assists not counting make it more difficult

My advice is find mid day matches, seem to be less high lvl pilots

the easiest way to get hero ship kills is playing the hero vs villains mode and blowing yourself up right at the beginning. took me about 2 hours to get it done.

11 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

the easiest way to get hero ship kills is playing the hero vs villains mode and blowing yourself up right at the beginning. took me about 2 hours to get it done.

What level was your fighter ship at this point? I'm trying to figure out if I need to level up more before taking out hero ships becomes a faster process.

4 minutes ago, papert0wng1rl said:

What level was your fighter ship at this point? I'm trying to figure out if I need to level up more before taking out hero ships becomes a faster process.

not sure anymore, need to redownload the game. I do know however that i was definitely a higher level because starfighter assault was the only mode i played when it came out so i might have had an advantage. doesn't really change that much though because when your doing the method i did the hero ships will mostly ignore you to take out your heroes and you can focus on the ones with low health. being on the hero side can help aswell because kylo rens, darth mauls and bobas ships are very easy targets.

I'm going to redownload my game and tell you what level my fighter is at, might take a bit though.

30 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

From experience, this really isn't all that efficient anymore - Most of the time lobbies take a complete age to fill (if they fill at all) & then when you do manage to get into a match, most people are there for this exact reason & you'll generally see one or two people suicide right at the beginning, which means the match lasts all of 10 seconds with no-one really gaining anything.

I can see it being an effective boosting method if there's 8 of you, but probably not with rando's.

19 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

I'm going to redownload my game and tell you what level my fighter is at, might take a bit though.

Don't worry if it's too much trouble! But thank you. I find that I get killed easily by someone else while chasing the hero ship (who all have insane levels of health), and I need to get at least to level 25 to max out my star card to improve hull strength and weapons power. I'm still only level 13 :)

11 minutes ago, Forrest_01 said:

From experience, this really isn't all that efficient anymore - Most of the time lobbies take a complete age to fill (if they fill at all) & then when you do manage to get into a match, most people are there for this exact reason & you'll generally see one or two people suicide right at the beginning, which means the match lasts all of 10 seconds with no-one really gaining anything.

I can see it being an effective boosting method if there's 8 of you, but probably not with rando's.

That is my experience with Hero Starfighters. Too bad, because this method seems to be the most efficient when it works. A group of 6 of us tried boosting, but we could not get into the same lobby no matter what we did. We picked the most empty regions, and still we would be all put into separate lobbies with no one in sight. Do you have any suggestions on how to boost this? Were we doing something wrong?

Edited by papert0wng1rl

6 hours ago, papert0wng1rl said:

Don't worry if it's too much trouble! But thank you. I find that I get killed easily by someone else while chasing the hero ship (who all have insane levels of health), and I need to get at least to level 25 to max out my star card to improve hull strength and weapons power. I'm still only level 13 :)

Sorry for the late reply, didnt have time to check before

my normal fighter is level 12, upgrade 1 of hull strength, upgrade 1 of tactical jammer and upgrade 2 of tuned lasers.

not sure if the interceptor works aswell (cant remember what i used) but just in case, mine is level 19 with upgrade 3 of tuned lasers, fire control cycler and elite pilot

6 hours ago, Forrest_01 said:

that might be true. i did it near the release of the game and didn't think about this.

Edited by xDerErnst
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, papert0wng1rl said:

That is my experience with Hero Starfighters. Too bad, because this method seems to be the most efficient when it works. A group of 6 of us tried boosting, but we could not get into the same lobby no matter what we did. We picked the most empty regions, and still we would be all put into separate lobbies with no one in sight. Do you have any suggestions on how to boost this? Were we doing something wrong?

I actually can't suggest anything other than what you have mentioned tbh - I'm guessing you were grouped into squads of 3 before searching? I (seemingly naively) thought it would have been quite straightforward depending on what day/time you attempted to all get into the same lobby, but from what you said it sounds like it's a bit of a nightmare. 

Additionally, I would really liked to have seen a starfighter mode added to the co-op stuff - Not for the sake of easy trophies, but more so you have an option to get used to the ships & earn some cards without getting royally pwned by someone with hundreds of hours in the cockpit.

• Like 2

On 18/11/2020 at 1:27 PM, Forrest_01 said:

I actually can't suggest anything other than what you have mentioned tbh - I'm guessing you were grouped into squads of 3 before searching? I (seemingly naively) thought it would have been quite straightforward depending on what day/time you attempted to all get into the same lobby, but from what you said it sounds like it's a bit of a nightmare. 

Additionally, I would really liked to have seen a starfighter mode added to the co-op stuff - Not for the sake of easy trophies, but more so you have an option to get used to the ships & earn some cards without getting royally pwned by someone with hundreds of hours in the cockpit.

Yes to the bold part. The flying missions in the campaign are too short for practice. I wish we had a co-op or mode with flying missions to truly get used to the dynamic. I'm having a good time playing with others, but I'm still leveling up so I'm easy prey to everyone.

Edited by flugurnarrr