New Vita Game - Big Dipper

SuzyRed

17 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I thought they pulled the plug on the VITA?

Who pulled what plug on Vita? Any developer who wants to can still make Vita games. It's a little harder to make physical games these days, but anyone can still make digital Vita games.

On 8/3/2020 at 10:51 PM, DaivRules said:

Who pulled what plug on Vita? Any developer who wants to can still make Vita games. It's a little harder to make physical games these days, but anyone can still make digital Vita games.

Sony they dont support it anymore and I saw an article that all games and production was to cease by March 31 2019

25 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Sony they dont support it anymore and I saw an article that all games and production was to cease by March 31 2019

Sony still supports it by hosting games, even new ones, in the store.

Playstation Studios haven't supported it with games in a while. Physical game card production (the actual cartridges that you plug in your Vita) was ceased in 2019. That doesn't mean "all new games and production" ceased in 2019. Third parties can and do still make new Vita games and Sony still allows them to be on the Playstation store.

Edited by DaivRules

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Playstation Studios haven't supported it with games in a while. Physical game card production (the actual cartridges that you plug in your Vita) was ceased in 2019. That doesn't mean "all new games and production" ceased in 2019. Third parties can and do still make new Vita games and Sony still allows them to be on the Playstation store.

Do you think it will always have that support? Or will it eventually die? I am going through the complete vita catalog to find games to play and its making it hard cause of what I previously thought lol

Just now, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Do you think it will always have that support? Or will it eventually die? I am going through the complete vita catalog to find games to play and its making it hard cause of what I previously thought lol

Well Sony still sells PSP games in the Playstation store, so I think it’ll still be supported for quite some time. 

27 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Still not syncable. gg devs.

They weren’t expecting the game to be released yet. The error was on Sony’s end. I already spoke with them on Twitter about the trophies and they are trying to fix it. Again, the game was released prematurely by Sony, and it seems likely Sony never added the trophies to their servers.

So gg Sony?

7 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

They weren’t expecting the game to be released yet. The error was on Sony’s end. I already spoke with them on Twitter about the trophies and they are trying to fix it. Again, the game was released prematurely by Sony, and it seems likely Sony never added the trophies to their servers.

So gg Sony?

Wouldn't be the first time Sony's fucked up, considering there's still like 4 non-syncable PS3 games lol

On 8/5/2020 at 2:45 PM, DaivRules said:

From what I can tell (checking Japanese and English language media), Vita games cards are still being produced in Japan.

So, unlikely as it is, I guess if a Western publisher really wanted to do a physical release they could probably work something out with Sony.

• Like 1

On 12/08/2020 at 5:08 PM, SuzyRed said:

Oh ok thanks. They were saying there was no trophy list on here so I was confused. They must have just added them. 

I might wait until winter since it is a holiday story. 

The list I posted is for the PS4 version but there's still one out there for the Vita version that doesn't sync. EDIT: The Vita versions does now sync :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.