There Shouldn't Be Team Events

TheGameCapsule

Hey everyone -- enjoying this game so far except one glaring problem: team games.  

Now, team games in essence are fun; however, they take away from the battle royale aspect as you can get eliminated from a show because your team didn't collect enough eggs or your team didn't kick enough soccer goals.  In a game like this, there are teammates (and I've seen it already) not going for the objective but trying to mess the other team up, which I can understand as a way to play some kind of defense, but also doesn't help when offense is more important.  

I suppose my point is since we're in a forum for trophy hunting that some of the trophies will be impossible to obtain or just plain lucky.  There's one where you have to win last man standing 5 times in a row.  These team games will make that highly unlikely to happen if it's not 100% in your control to win.  It's my biggest complaint out of an overall fun experience. 

Thoughts?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I kinda disagree. Your skill can influence the team games. I find myself on the winning teams far more often then the losing ones and I think most people on this site will probably have the same experience.

True. Except the soccer one is super easy to get screwed on if your teammates are not great. 

However, I don't mind team events. Most of them are at least 3 teams, so you don't have to come in first. 

2 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

True. Except the soccer one is super easy to get screwed on if your teammates are not great. 

However, I don't mind team events. Most of them are at least 3 teams, so you don't have to come in first. 

That one I play defensively. You usually have 90% of players running after the ball so if I hold back I can influence the game more by preventing the other team from scoring.

If you go for the Trophys I agree with you, but it's so funny, all work together as a team to reach the next round and in the next round you knock them out (or they knock you out). Friendship is not forever when it comes to money, wins and trophies.

Edited by Sikutai

the subreddit is filled with these kinds of threads, so I'm sure they'll separate team rounds into their own playlist. 

i only played like 30m, but i always lost the team round. definitely a shitty idea to make a trophy based on lightning striking the same place 5x

• Like 3

Honestly, I don’t mind the team games. While eliminating them would make going for the 5 wins a lot easier as it eliminates a lot of the factors which are left up to chance. However, by doing that you miss out on about half the game. Also most team games you don’t actually need to win, you just can’t be the worst. 

Generally, I don't mind the team games. However, I'm not a fan of when you get a team game yet the numbers are odd... When this happens, I'm usually on the side with the least and end up getting eliminated. The other thing I'm not a fan of is the Tail Tag games. (This includes the solo one.) Sometimes I'll be near someone and it won't grab them, yet sometimes I get grabbed when they're not near me. Not to mention in the team one, your teammates can take your tail off you. Been eliminated due to that as they just instantly run into an opponent and lose it haha. ?

Thoughts on team games...

GET THE YELLOW TEAM!! 

It seems this has already been incorporated to the game where everyone sabotages yellow team only. 

Egg scramble, take from yellows basket only...

Rock n roll, have members from both teams push yellows ball in the corner..

Hoarders, same thing xD

Any team game i get into, it seens everyone pushes for yellow to lose

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

Thoughts on team games...

GET THE YELLOW TEAM!! 

It seems this has already been incorporated to the game where everyone sabotages yellow team only. 

Egg scramble, take from yellows basket only...

Rock n roll, have members from both teams push yellows ball in the corner..

Hoarders, same thing xD

Any team game i get into, it seens everyone pushes for yellow to lose

First time I was in a team game yellow won, so after that I’ve had a personal vendetta against them ? I’m glad other people feel the same 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hittheroadbucky said:

First time I was in a team game yellow won, so after that I’ve had a personal vendetta against them 1f602.png I’m glad other people feel the same 

If we all gang up on the yellow team, then the other teams are 100% bound to win. Ensuring safety into the next round...

So long as you aren't on the yellow team, that is. May the odds be forever in your favor!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I kinda disagree. Your skill can influence the team games. I find myself on the winning teams far more often then the losing ones and I think most people on this site will probably have the same experience.

I mostly got eliminated by my teams :/ I’m playing better by solo. I’m disagreed with this 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PatinumNumemon said:

I like the team game where you roll the ball down the hill, but it can be pretty easy to give up when your team is being squashed on the soccer or egg games. 

I’m so bad at the egg scramble ? I got stuck in the blue teams nest for about a minute trying to steal one egg 

They're fun to play but when there's a lot of players I don't think you can influence it very much. Obviously your skill matters more when there are less players involved.

Multi-Team arenas are difficult to influence because you have to deal with a war on two or three fronts. If you play offensively, you need to hope that your team isn't forgetting to protect the balls/eggs. If you play defensively, you need to hope that your team is paying attention to where defenses are weakest. And you really hope that against all odds, you don't get teamed up on.

Also in ones like tail tag arena, once you get a tail, that's basically your max contribution to the team. At that point you just need to evade for the most part. You're counting on the rest of your team to do their part in getting enough tails to not be eliminated. At best, maybe you can go body blocking enemies to help your teammates, but when you multi-task like that, you're risking your own tail, which is also your max point contribution.

I mean, I'm having a blast playing this. I think the game is fine as is and I'm comfortable with never getting 5-in-a-row. But it certainly is a *potential* RNG obstacle to winning.

• Like 2

I don't mind team games, though I did dread them when going for the 5 in a row (got very lucky to just have 4 of them across the 6 episodes I ended up winning in a row). 

What I don't like is when there's multiple teams and your team is winning but there's 2 or more teams tied for last place, the time expires... and your team is dragged into Overtime as well. Totally unfair. I had one game with 3 consecutive Overtimes where we were leading for all of them except the last, where we nearly got eliminated!

They need to change Overtime so it's just the teams under threat of elimination. A team that has led for 2 minutes shouldn't be dragged into it for another 15 seconds (or more)!

Edited by Solid_Snake1987
Spelling mistake

Ok so so far I've played 10 episodes (I won the last one so yay!), but I've had two episodes where I had to play the team game where you have to keep the balls in your camp (is it hoarders? I don't remember tbh) and TWICE my game just crashed on that game. Has this happened to anyone else as well? All the other games are fine and my ps4 usually never crashes (and the fact it happened twice on the exact same game has me worried).

Winning 5 episodes in a row with team games included is already hard enough, but if I have to take into account that my game is going to crash everytime the ball game comes up as well then I'm just gonna call quits on this trophy.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent