There Shouldn't Be Team Events

TheGameCapsule

1 minute ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

Ok so so far I've played 10 episodes (I won the last one so yay!), but I've had two episodes where I had to play the team game where you have to keep the balls in your camp (is it hoarders? I don't remember tbh) and TWICE my game just crashed on that game. Has this happened to anyone else as well? All the other games are fine and my ps4 usually never crashes. 

Winning 5 episodes in a row with team games included is already hard enough, but if I have to take into account that my game is going to crash everytime the ball game comes up then I'm just gonna call quits on this trophy.

It’s more than likely a server issue at the moment, it’s down on steam entirely and iffy if you can play on PS4

Yeah I'd prefer if it there was separate playlists but at the same time I'd also like the option of playing both if that makes sense, Like I could hold onto my tail for the entire round and still lose due to teamates not holding onto their tail.

1 minute ago, hittheroadbucky said:

It’s more than likely a server issue at the moment, it’s down on steam entirely and iffy if you can play on PS4

hm yeah likely, servers are probably overloaded atm. Just weird it happened on the same game twice though, and that ball team game doesn't seem that hard to run in comparison to some of the other more crowded games. I was just wondering if anyone else had crash issues as well.

Yeah at first I didn’t mind the team games being in the mix but I’ve only lost my streak to the team games :/ I’m not gonna be one of those people who acts like they always get bad teams and it’s never partly my fault or something but when you start the soccer game for instance with 1 less player than the other side and the rest of your team starts leaving or how about pushing the fucking dumb ball to the exit and your team keeps grabbing for some reason or running away to stop the other teams ball (if you do that you suck) each team game has a glaring issue (Grabbing mechanic is awful so egg/tail/jinx games are the worst imo) that makes it so hard to get the streak of 5... end of my dumb rant after losing in the third round with 4 wins ;(

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Br1anstrike3K said:

Yeah at first I didn’t mind the team games being in the mix but I’ve only lost my streak to the team games :/ I’m not gonna be one of those people who acts like they always get bad teams and it’s never partly my fault or something but when you start the soccer game for instance with 1 less player than the other side and the rest of your team starts leaving or how about pushing the fucking dumb ball to the exit and your team keeps grabbing for some reason or running away to stop the other teams ball (if you do that you suck) each team game has a glaring issue (Grabbing mechanic is awful so egg/tail/jinx games are the worst imo) that makes it so hard to get the streak of 5... end of my dumb rant after losing in the third round with 4 wins ;(

Completely agree! Playing yesterday I thought the team games were quite fun, but today I’ve only gone out on team games which is so frustrating 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Br1anstrike3K said:

... or running away to stop the other teams ball (if you do that you suck)...

I do this.* I've not lost that game so far because of it. I can almost singlehandedly stop another team in their tracks by grabbing their ball. I've got through that game with numbers disadvantage. I did it during my 6 in a row win streak.

[* After helping push the ball to the poles, unless it's blatantly obvious that we're far behind]

Running interference is just as important as pushing the ball.  Same as knowing how to defend in Fall Ball and Egg Scramble.  Just because it might look like you're not contributing to scoring or chasing the objective doesn't mean you're not helping the team.

The real hate should be saved for the quitters, those that idle and those that deliberately grab their own team mates.

Edited by Solid_Snake1987
Added note
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Solid_Snake1987 said:

I do this.* I've not lost that game so far because of it. I can almost singlehandedly stop another team in their tracks by grabbing their ball. I've got through that game with numbers disadvantage. I did it during my 6 in a row win streak.

[* After helping push the ball to the poles, unless it's blatantly obvious that we're far behind]

Running interference is just as important as pushing the ball.  Same as knowing how to defend in Fall Ball and Egg Scramble.  Just because it might look like you're not contributing to scoring or chasing the objective doesn't mean you're not helping the team.

The real hate should be saved for the quitters, those that idle and those that deliberately grab their own team mates.

Naw sorry it’s shitty thing to do and forces the rest of the team to carry you also yeah if you just stand there waiting to do something in fall ball or egg scramble you also suck why not grab eggs from one other color team? Why not get us points? Why not shoot the ball in? Why stand around with your dick in your hands saying you’re helping? I’d rather my teammates leave

also you won those push the ball games because you’re teammates pushed the ball not because of whatever you think you did

Edited by Br1anstrike3K
Forgot something
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Br1anstrike3K said:

Naw sorry it’s shitty thing to do and forces the rest of the team to carry you also yeah if you just stand there waiting to do something in fall ball or egg scramble you also suck why not grab eggs from one other color team? Why not get us points? Why not shoot the ball in? Why stand around with your dick in your hands saying you’re helping? I’d rather my teammates leave

also you won those push the ball games because you’re teammates pushed the ball not because of whatever you think you did

No, you absolutely need to have people playing defense on almost all the team games to win. You roll the ball to almost the end, and then one or two people break off to impede the other teams. 

Someone needs to defend on Fall Ball and Egg Scramble too. It's....how you win. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm getting pretty pissed off with the Team Games... I seem to have gotten pretty decent at the Solo Games and rarely get knocked out because of them now. So I defiantly feel like winning 5 Episodes in a row would be far more achievable with no Team Games. 

I've only won 5 Episodes so far but my run has always been ended with a Team Game after the win. I'm not blaming my team mates most of the time though. it's more the fact that Team Games take more control away from the player. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you do in Team Games and you'll still lose but if you lose a Solo Game it's normally because of something you haven't done right or fast enough.

I'd love there to be 2 playlists like some others here have mentioned because I've just lost a Team Game right now and feel demoralised, haha.

21 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

No, you absolutely need to have people playing defense on almost all the team games to win. You roll the ball to almost the end, and then one or two people break off to impede the other teams. 

Someone needs to defend on Fall Ball and Egg Scramble too. It's....how you win. 

I disagree I’ve won without people like that on my team it’s not the penultimate way like some people apparently think also I don’t think you only win by having the whole team playing offense it’s a balance (just do the objective and if you can quickly stop something from happening do it but the whole game playing defense is way to much) but it sure as hell doesn’t help when people are standing around doing nothing the whole game saying they’re on defense like I bet you people would have a different response if everybody did the same as you lol how fair that only some people get to play the easier do nothing but bump into shit positions... congrats

Edited by Br1anstrike3K
Added sentence

15 minutes ago, Br1anstrike3K said:

I disagree I’ve won without people like that on my team it’s not the penultimate way like some people apparently think also I don’t think you only win by having the whole team playing offense it’s a balance (just do the objective and if you can quickly stop something from happening do it but the whole game playing defense is way to much) but it sure as hell doesn’t help when people are standing around doing nothing the whole game saying they’re on defense like I bet you people would have a different response if everybody did the same as you lol how fair that only some people get to play the easier do nothing but bump into shit positions... congrats

Obviously you won't win if everyone is playing defense. You need some offense and defense to win any game. The key is to know when to adapt. I will gather as many eggs as I can, and then I will either start stealing or start defending depending on how the team is faring. 

If you don't have someone on dedicated defense in Fall Ball, you're going to lose. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Obviously you won't win if everyone is playing defense. You need some offense and defense to win any game. The key is to know when to adapt. I will gather as many eggs as I can, and then I will either start stealing or start defending depending on how the team is faring. 

If you don't have someone on dedicated defense in Fall Ball, you're going to lose. 

Again disagree but whatever play defense but don’t get angry when people also do it :)

I think it's safe to say that Fall Ball is the worst ? but team games are not bad!! I think the problem is with the team games is when we lose because we were on a team, it gives us something to blame. All the team games are really truly random, and I feel they take as much skill and luck to do as the others

42 minutes ago, Nigh7s7ein said:

Team games are fun the first times, after that they become a chore.

I would say that about the whole game. First times are fun as hell, then it gets boring after a few hours. To me it feels like one of those games that you launch just to play 10~30mins

15 hours ago, PatinumNumemon said:

I think it's safe to say that Fall Ball is the worst ? but team games are not bad!! I think the problem is with the team games is when we lose because we were on a team, it gives us something to blame. All the team games are really truly random, and I feel they take as much skill and luck to do as the others

Fall ball is the absolute worst! My biggest problem with it is when a ton of players get eliminated the round before ( like on Slime Climb or Block Party) and you have **9** players left, the game is like uneven Fall Ball teams!! Lets go!!

100% everytime there is 9 people, Im sitting here like "well lets go lose a game of Fall Ball" xD

I like the game a lot, but team games will eventually be the reason I put it down. Missed out on the final 3 times in a row because of team events. Appreciate this is particularly unlucky, but re-enforces in my mind that having 3 solo BR rounds and then deciding a final based on a team event isn't fair. You can influence a team game on skill, I agree, but this still isn't enough a lot of the time. 

Would personally prefer solo BR modes as default, and then a playlist where it was 6x10 teams, with 6 rounds, each losing a team or something, awarding a team winner. Maybe with silver crowns instead of gold so you don't get the same level of awards as solo BR. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

12 hours ago, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

Fall ball is the absolute worst! My biggest problem with it is when a ton of players get eliminated the round before ( like on Slime Climb or Block Party) and you have **9** players left, the game is like uneven Fall Ball teams!! Lets go!!

100% everytime there is 9 people, Im sitting here like "well lets go lose a game of Fall Ball" xD

I actually found this isn't necessarily a hinderance. Often it's not sheer manpower but people getting in your way!

1 hour ago, PhantomFear94 said:

I actually found this isn't necessarily a hinderance. Often it's not sheer manpower but people getting in your way!

It can be sheer man power though, because when the opposite team has more players theres a few different ways to get the upper hand on the opposite team, say if your team has 5 and they have 4. The team with more players can have a permanent goalie, where as the team with 4 would struggle with sitting goalie because then there would only be an offense of 3 players for 2 balls... I have also had an enemy team (that had more players) have one player run around and just grab me non stop. Sure the enemy team basically has a player doing nothing, but if I cant move then I am also doing nothing. Again, making it 3 people on offense, which just isn't enough.

Fall Ball is the worst because the game always decides to roll this minigame when its an ODD number of players. I just do not understand why a team game would be set up this way. If there are an odd amount of players, team games should not be able to be rolled, period. I have seldom played Fall Ball with an even amount of player, but the few times I have, it was 6v6, and was actually fun! Its only super discouraging when you are one round to make it to the finals but then Fall Ball rolls and you end up with the short end of the stick with virtually no chance of winning the round.

You would be surprised on how much you can influence a team game if you're skilled enough, except for perhaps "team tail tag" which relies heavily on your teammates being competent.

But with every other team game you can potentially carry your team, the main trick is to play defensively since the reality is that 90% of your team will go on the offensive.

I quickly learned that the team that has no defence is the one that usually loses. For example I was playing fall ball and my team had one less player, seems like we're done for, but I became the goalkeeper and we ended up winning 2-1. All because I was able to defend most of the shots on our goal and the other team, didn't have a single defender despite outnumbering us.

So don't get me wrong there is a fair amount of luck in this game, however you can play a pivotal role in a team winning or losing, it's not all luck based.

Edited by KON007

Few moments ago I was on a small streak and then the Team Tail game came. I had my tail for the whole match and then in the last few seconds of the match my teammate decides to steal my tail for some reason and then loses it on the final second which makes us lose the game... Please don't take your own teammate's Tails... Yet another reason Team Games should go or be in a different Playlist.

• Like 2