There Shouldn't Be Team Events

TheGameCapsule

17 minutes ago, DHull47 said:

Yet another reason Team Games should go or be in a different Playlist.

Yeah I don't see why people do that. I'm hoping they change things up for next season at least with different playlists. I'll still try get my 5wins, but I'll also never like the team games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riszcky said:

Yeah I don't see why people do that. I'm hoping they change things up for next season at least with different playlists. I'll still try get my 5wins, but I'll also never like the team games. 

Yeah, I agree with all that 100%. I mean I'll still go for the trophy but I'll not be as focused on it as I have been now. I'm pinning most of my hopes on the future Seasons in hope that they switch a few things up like you said. I'm just wondering on what they're planning on adding when they said there will maybe be something that makes it slightly easier.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Team games are annoying and all, and the main contributor to me getting knocked out every single game- but I don't have a problem with them in essence even though they make things more random. My problem is the games themselves. Most are simply least fun levels in the game imo.

Yeah, I definitely feel what you're saying. I find myself enjoying the game most when it's the races/obstacle courses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DHull47 said:

Yeah, I definitely feel what you're saying. I find myself enjoying the game most when it's the races/obstacle courses.

I think the "jank" control just don't translate well to the team games they have. The controls make the races and survival ones fun, but when it comes to trying to hit/roll balls, pick things up, etc it just feels frustrating instead of fun and frustrating, ya know haha.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I think the "jank" control just don't translate well to the team games they have. The controls make the races and survival ones fun, but when it comes to trying to hit/roll balls, pick things up, etc it just feels frustrating instead of fun and frustrating, ya know haha.

A game with 4 teams where the one to have the lowest average finishing position in a race gets eliminated would be fun. Also luck and rng, but at least the level would be more fun. Each team could also have their own obstacle course to finish or something like that and not be last to finish. That could then promote a different race style where everyone takes it bit slower and doesn't rush and push to ruin their own chances and knock teammates off ledges or something

Edited by Riszcky
  • Like 2

I’m all for a simple playlist separation. Solo Only / Solo + Team. Then much further down the line when many more mini games are in maybe a Team Only playlist.

Im sure it’s been said but a solo only list would make the 5 wins in a row much easier. I almost had it last night but lost my streak to an egg hunt. Just how it goes.

I feel like every game hides in the middle of own skill base or not. A lot is determined by personal skill and team skill.

Most of the games, you just count for 1 point. and obviously if you have that 1 point, your team has a higher chance of winning.

The one I feel like having most direct influence on (instead of filling in a point) is the egg scramble mini game. Because I can steal a golden egg and defend it with my life. Easy game easy life. I like to see more of those kind of minigames.

The ones that annoys me is the football game. Even if I'm a god in a match, I get screwed over. If I do terrible I can win like a god.

Maybe 'adding voice chat' so we can actually 'communicate' during a game would help. It is weird to have such a mode, but can't even communicate. Only reason why they wouldn't is because it can screw people playing in a party.

20 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

This is a party game with trophies added on to make people play it for a long time, how do people still not understand that devs don't make trophy lists to please the small amount of trophy hunters out there.

Even if the game had zero trophies I would still advocate for a playlist. There’s only one team game I enjoy (Soccer), so if we’re talking about FUN factor alone... yeah I’d still want a solo playlist.

Team games are fun when you have 3 friends with you.

Having options can’t hurt.

I actually disagree with OP, and think it adds to the game vibe to have team events.

The whole premise of the game is that it's a game version of Takeshi's or Total Wipeout. A total FFA based on RNG and luck to see who wins in the end. I think it adds to this idea with team games in the mix so that those who are very experienced at the game have a 'better' chance of going out early.

Of course, it's going to be frustrating to be eliminated due to something not under much of your own control, but the game isn't meant to be some polished 'best of the best' fight to the finish system. I personally think it's great that you can jump into an episode pretty quickly, have a total random playlist and totally random run of games, sometimes you'll fluke it all the way, sometimes you'll have one bad fall and drop out first round. I'm not a big fan of Battle Royale games as generally those at the end will be bloody good at the game. In this one, there's a minimal gap in quality of player and ample opportunity for someone who's played a ton to lose. Team games make it even moreso.

That said, I think the game would have a lot of the same things I'm calling positive, if it was only a solo playlist too.

On 8/7/2020 at 3:53 PM, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

Fall ball is the absolute worst! My biggest problem with it is when a ton of players get eliminated the round before ( like on Slime Climb or Block Party) and you have **9** players left, the game is like uneven Fall Ball teams!! Lets go!!

100% everytime there is 9 people, Im sitting here like "well lets go lose a game of Fall Ball" xD

the devs posted on reddit about this and they are fixing it so teams wont start uneven.

• Like 1

The only problem with the Team Games is that there is a terrible Infallible trophy for winning 5 episodes in a row which Team Games can screw up for you, but so can having Final Round being the Tail event. If you don't worry about that, than you can just enjoy the game and take the losses as they come due to Team Games or other events where you just get unlucky or don't do as well.

The worse Team Games are the ones where you have to collect and hold something (like Chicken Eggs). Teams are smart enough by now, that they will pick on whomever starts off 3rd, rather than going after whomever starts off 1st. So if you are the team that is coming third, it is very hard to recover because both other teams are going after you and generally ignoring each other. I imagine players that squad up and play together will have easier time getting through Team Games than others because at least 2, 3, 4 of them will be more coordinated and have better start than rest of potentially random Fall Guys competing against each other.

• Like 1

Think the only team game I like is the Rock N Roll one.
Don't mind the Tail games too much, don't care for the egg scramble one.
Also on the egg scramble had someone my own team grab me and make me lose the egg not sure what the point of that was, unless they want to lose.
 Probably wouldn't mind teams as much if they were always at an even team, but sometimes you get some that has more or less players.
 Although maybe on a rare occasion that might not matter if one guy just sits there and does nothing which I seen  happen.

On 8/5/2020 at 1:12 AM, DaikichiKawachi said:

I kinda disagree. Your skill can influence the team games. I find myself on the winning teams far more often then the losing ones and I think most people on this site will probably have the same experience.

Try winning a game of Team Tails Tag by yourself ??. Honestly most of the team games are not that bad, but it still sucks when your in a winning streak and you lose because of your weak teammates... in my opinion the worst are Jinxed, team tail tag and egg scramble and sometimes hoarder because its mostly luck..

• Like 1

Can I just say that team games can go fuck themselves??? I've been playing since launch and honestly I had a bad team game once in a while but on average people actually worked together and they weren't so bad. But during tonights gaming session I am five games in and each time, after coming in first on just about every race, and winning every other Survival without breaking a sweat, every third or forth round has been a team game and I get completely shut out. Like it's not even close!

1st Match - Rock 'N' Roll - tell me why my whole team leaves the ball to go mess with the other teams' ball???? Seriously people just stay with your own ball. If people try to mess with yours you can overpower them if your whole team is there! I get the strat but WTF

2nd Match - Team Tag Tail - through most of the match I am the ONLY ONE with a damn tail. Then my teammates start stealing mine which I think good at least now I can go grab another one and put us at two at least but NO! They lose it immediately. Are they working with the other team or something? WTF

3rd Match - Hoarders - okay I admit this is my weakest game. I just have no control over the balls meanwhile everyone else has perfect control and aim on where their ball is going. Everyone except my whole team. We had zero throughout the whole match. I will take partial blame on this one though.

4th Match - Hoopsey Daisy - Am I getting paired up with the same idiots over and over again? Two teammates and staying on the same circular platform waiting for hoops which they then both miss when the hoops finally appear. I must have scored all 20-something points, including two GOLD hoops, yet we still lost.

5th Match - Egg Scramble - Nobody brought eggs to our nest. The whole team was just fighting for the gold eggs the entire time. I did what I could but everytime I brought an egg to our nest the other team was already there waiting to take it out. Nobody was playing defense.

FIVE matches in a row, my first five matches of the night. So damn annoyed with these team games!!! Thanks for reading my rant. Back to the game....

A lot of different replies to my OP.  I suppose overall it seems that based on what everyone has said, the OP should be different:

THERE SHOULDN'T BE A WIN 5 EPISODES IN A ROW TROPHY  

That's more like it.  I'm level 16 with many more hours put into the game and have found the team games more fun than I initially did.  The game is way more fun when you don't care about winning as much.  

Another opinion, they should put the finish line IMMEDIATELY after the 3 swimming jawdroppers pendulums in Slime Climb.

It's ridiculous how many times I would have qualified without a bully player waiting at the top solely to push people you off the edge. It's the only course it seems to happen on. Wouldn't happen if the finish line was immediately after.

Edited by PhantomFear94