Complete GTA Online trophies now or wait for PS5?

proud2bNs

As you probably know, GTA Online has been announced to be re-released as a tweaked version on the PS5 on or close to the console launch.

I still haven't completed the online trophies in this game, but I want to complete it in the near future. My biggest question now is: should I try to finish the 100% before the PS5 launch or wait for it?

Detailed questions:

- Do you think the trophy list(s) will be shared between the consoles?

- Will we be able to login to our online character in both versions?

- Can we complete the online stuff in the PS5 version and simply pop the trophies on PS4 by using cross save / shared login / whatever?

- Will we get a single character transfer from PS4 to PS5 like they offered in the past for PS3 -> PS4?

Im curious about your opinion on this.

41 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Detailed questions:

- Do you think the trophy list(s) will be shared between the consoles?

- Will we be able to login to our online character in both versions?

- Can we complete the online stuff in the PS5 version and simply pop the trophies on PS4 by using cross save / shared login / whatever?

- Will we get a single character transfer from PS4 to PS5 like they offered in the past for PS3 -> PS4?

1. It was shared from PS3 to PS4 with minor differences (if any at all). I don't see any reason why they would create a new list. The game is going to be on a third generation, so they just want money. I doubt they put extra time in meaningless stuff like a new trophy list.
  2. Yes. The 1 million a month would be a pointless promotion if it didn't carry over.
  3. If you were able to do that from PS4 to PS3, I don't see why you couldn't on the newer generation. I know if you unlocked the trophies on PS3 as soon as you logged into PS4 they all popped. Why not just do them now?
  4. More than likely. 1 million dollar a month until launch is pointless if they're going to start from scratch.

I'd recommend doing them now. Trophies will autopop on PS5 as soon as you log in providing the list is the same.

• Like 1

The only thing I would be concerned about was when they added the original heist trophies. The game was already on PS4. I had to do all of the heist trophies on both PS3 and PS4 to maintain 100% on both games. That may happen again going into the PS5, but otherwise, your character and existing multiplayer progress will all carry over to PS5.

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/08/2020 at 3:45 PM, Jacob Faulk-King said:
  2. Yes. The 1 million a month would be a pointless promotion if it didn't carry over. 
  3. More than likely. 1 million dollar a month until launch is pointless if they're going to start from scratch.

As they keep being cryptic about this and talking about a NEW GTA online free in the first three months, i think that is exactly wjlhat they are gonna do. 

This money is for you to enjoy what is left of this GTA online. Think about it again... What is the point of making a new online and let ppl carry all their glitched cars and money to the ps5? 

This is just my opinion hope i'm wrong though :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JSVilleneuve said:

As they keep being cryptic about this and talking about a NEW GTA online free in the first three months, i think that is exactly wjlhat they are gonna do. 

This money is for you to enjoy what is left of this GTA online. Think about it again... What is the point of making a new online and let ppl carry all their glitched cars and money to the ps5? 

This is just my opinion hope i'm wrong though :)

The GTA Online will launch as a standalone since they're making improvements to both the online and single player modes which will come out in late 2021. It's coming to Xbox as well but it's free for the first 3 months for PS Plus users. And more likely than not transferring your character will be done somewhat through social club, so people who glitch will hopefully get banned. Happened to a friend of mine when he tried to transfer his character from PS3 to PS4.

• 1 month later...
On 5.8.2020 at 4:45 PM, Jacob Faulk-King said:
  1. It was shared from PS3 to PS4 with minor differences (if any at all). I don't see any reason why they would create a new list. The game is going to be on a third generation, so they just want money. I doubt they put extra time in meaningless stuff like a new trophy list.
  3. If you were able to do that from PS4 to PS3, I don't see why you couldn't on the newer generation. I know if you unlocked the trophies on PS3 as soon as you logged into PS4 they all popped. Why not just do them now?
  4. More than likely. 1 million dollar a month until launch is pointless if they're going to start from scratch.

I'd recommend doing them now. Trophies will autopop on PS5 as soon as you log in providing the list is the same.

To 1st:

I guess the initial question was, if PS4 and PS5 share their list, so that unlocked trophies will carry over. While you could get Platinum on the PS3 and PS4 version separately, I think the answer to that is no, while the trophy list should stay the same. So you could get at least 3 platinum trophies over the 3 generations (don't know if there are regional versions, allowing you more in this game).

To 3rd:

Rockstar deactivated that, due to some modders, some time ago. I had to start all over. Don't know if they still have such problems with the PS4 version, so that this feature will maybe there again.

Edited by xXK-oZXx

• 5 weeks later...

I'm very excited how the trophylist will look like. If GTA Online will be a standalone game with it's own platinum it is possible trophys like "Elitist" and "Masterminds" are required for platinum. That would change the rarity of the platinum drastically also 3 months playable for free will lure alot of people. I'm looking forward to it:yay:

• Like 1

Hi plz i wanna know one important thing plz how many players i need to get all online trophies? Me and my two friends are planning to get all online  trophies  i saw a guide and he didn’t mentioned how many specific i need plz if anyone got it already i wanna know how many players i need so i can tell my friend 

2 hours ago, myx2 said:

Hi plz i wanna know one important thing plz how many players i need to get all online trophies? Me and my two friends are planning to get all online  trophies  i saw a guide and he didn’t mentioned how many specific i need plz if anyone got it already i wanna know how many players i need so i can tell my friend 

For Platinum, you only need 4 players for Backseat Driver. The rest can be grind with 2 players.

I thought that they said when it releases on next-gen consoles it's going to be a "fresh start", which is why they are giving away all the free money during ps4 because you won't be able to transfer it over. It would be pointless to release on next-gen consoles with everyone already being loaded with money. I think everyone will have to start a new fresh character so it will require people to play and grind or spend money on shark cards. 

On 10/25/2020 at 9:04 PM, MyLastRide said:

For Platinum, you only need 4 players for Backseat Driver. The rest can be grind with 2 players.

You also need 4 players for Numero Uno, as you need at least 4 to fire a Team Deathmatch.

As for the original question, you may as well go for them now. Build up enough of a GTA Online nestegg, and you may be able to instantly pop lots of PS5 trophies. They will 100% let people carry over their PS4 characters; no one is going to start from level 1 on a new platform for a 7 year old game.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/61774/backward-compatibility-on-playstation-5-and-xbox-series-x-s

To me that sounds like a shared list? They pusblished this on Friday.

That's just to say that you can play the PS4 version on PS5 (which is the same list since it's the same game). And that progress in Online is carried over (similar to how PS3 could be transferred to PS4 at the start).
The thing is that the online portion is going to be released as a standalone. And if that gets its own trophy list then it should be different from the current one (might be the same trophies but the DLC trophies might become necessary for the online platinum).

1 hour ago, TugaSonic said:

That's just to say that you can play the PS4 version on PS5 (which is the same list since it's the same game). And that progress in Online is carried over (similar to how PS3 could be transferred to PS4 at the start).
The thing is that the online portion is going to be released as a standalone. And if that gets its own trophy list then it should be different from the current one (might be the same trophies but the DLC trophies might become necessary for the online platinum).

Yeah, that re-release title will feature a new trophy list for sure. 

But at least there is more time and the possibility to complete the game on PS5 without having to continue playing on ps4. 

3 hours ago, TugaSonic said:

We have a bingo. 

Criminal Mastermind and Elitist will be part of the plat. 

• 2 weeks later...