Is Blackout Dead?

JFKing

I quit playing this game some time ago because I got distracted with other games.

I need to go back and unlock like two more blackout characters for the platinum. I wasn't bad at the mode whatsoever and didn't focus on the characters. If I go back now:

1. Is it dead?
  2. Full lobbies?
  3. Only sweats?
  4. What am I getting myself into?

Thanks.

1. Sort of you tend to get similar people but finding people shouldn't be impossible.

2. Definitely not full lobbies most of the time depends on the time of day.

3. Like every COD game after the new one is out yes only sweats, maybe some new players now and again, but expect Dark Matter sweats.

4. Depends on what characters you need to unlock certain ones might not be too difficult if you have a good team, I personally boosted them with a partner and things like the reznov hat kill. The win for frank I got on ground war when that was still around. Whatever you are missing might make or break the plat, especially if you aren't too good and still need frank. I see you are still missing some zombie ones, the drops for scarlet and diego I believe were very hard to come by so I would be wary as finding the unlock then getting a kill after might take a long time.

Edited by Burstawesome
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Burstawesome said:

1. Sort of you tend to get similar people but finding people shouldn't be impossible.

2. Definitely not full lobbies most of the time depends on the time of day.

3. Like every COD game after the new one is out yes only sweats, maybe some new players now and again, but expect Dark Matter sweats.

4. Depends on what characters you need to unlock certain ones might not be too difficult if you have a good team, I personally boosted them with a partner and things like the reznov hat kill. The win for frank I got on ground war when that was still around. Whatever you are missing might make or break the plat, especially if you aren't too good and still need frank. I see you are still missing some zombie ones, the drops for scarlet and diego I believe were very hard to come by so I would be wary as finding the unlock then getting a kill after might take a long time.

1. -
  2. If you're only getting 50%-75% populated lobbies, do you think it would make it easier?
  3. Not looking forward to sweats. I believe I had well over 100 wins when I quit, so I think/hope I can compete with people that never stopped playing.
  4. I believe I still need Reznov and the character that uses the Mug Shot. I only needed two when I quit. By boosting you mean you and a partner both solo queued, met up, and farmed out the required kill - then just placed?

14 minutes ago, jacob8151996 said:
  1. -
  2. If you're only getting 50%-75% populated lobbies, do you think it would make it easier?
  3. Not looking forward to sweats. I believe I had well over 100 wins when I quit, so I think/hope I can compete with people that never stopped playing.
  4. I believe I still need Reznov and the character that uses the Mug Shot. I only needed two when I quit. By boosting you mean you and a partner both solo queued, met up, and farmed out the required kill - then just placed?

2. Tbh depends I don't know how many sweats you will queue up with.

4. Reznov should not be difficult if you believe in your skills, I was pretty average on blackout and still got everything done so you should be good. The strat like you mentioned is queuing at the same time on solo then him letting you kill him. I just camped in a building after and got it, very lucky. The mugshot is hard since you tend to get the drops towards the end of the game and melee kills at that point are difficult since everyone has tier 3 armor and guns and in this case are most likely experienced.

I would suggest getting this soon since Warzone is free and its a matter of time until this game becomes dead, especially with the recently announced project by Treyarch

Edited by Burstawesome
  • Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 11:45 AM, Aodir said:

Bruno is surprisingly easy on Alcatraz, same goes for any zombie character really... except Scarlett since there are no vehicles in Alcatraz.

Where are you finding the mugshot on the Alcatraz map? All over? 

4 hours ago, jacob8151996 said:

Where are you finding the mugshot on the Alcatraz map? All over? 

Focus on killing as many zombies as you can by dropping in the one out of three possible zombie spawns and keep switching between them. If you die, just go to your bag and loot your item, try again. Menendez becomes easier too, just camp your five lives with a mog/sg12 and loot supply drops. Should be easy to get two kills from respawning enemies. For Shaw just keep in mind alchemical set drops with only 1 acid/wraith instead of the usual 2 of each on normal playlists, but its much more common to drop so all you need is a lucky throw.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TehUberCheezCatz said:

It’s just a drop from killing zombies on alcatraz, along with the other chaos character items

11 hours ago, Aodir said:

Focus on killing as many zombies as you can by dropping in the one out of three possible zombie spawns and keep switching between them. If you die, just go to your bag and loot your item, try again. Menendez becomes easier too, just camp your five lives with a mog/sg12 and loot supply drops. Should be easy to get two kills from respawning enemies. For Shaw just keep in mind alchemical set drops with only 1 acid/wraith instead of the usual 2 of each on normal playlists, but its much more common to drop so all you need is a lucky throw.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys