Rose, Dan, Akira Kazama and Oro joins the fight!

DeepEyes7

Happy to finally see Oro coming to SFV. Rose seemed inevitable and I might give her a try. Dan is a waste of a slot. Akira looks like she could be cool and is the character I'm most looking forward to. Hopefully the final slot goes to Makoto.

It'll be quite a wait for some of these characters, so I wonder if Capcom is just going to hold off on announcing anything SFVI related until after all of these characters have launched or even hold off until 2022. Capcom also filed a trademark for Darkstalkers recently, so maybe we'll see a new title in the series before we get SFVI.

7 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Happy to finally see Oro coming to SFV. Rose seemed inevitable and I might give her a try. Dan is a waste of a slot. Akira looks like she could be cool and is the character I'm most looking forward to. Hopefully the final slot goes to Makoto.

It'll be quite a wait for some of these characters, so I wonder if Capcom is just going to hold off on announcing anything SFVI related until after all of these characters have launched or even hold off until 2022. Capcom also filed a trademark for Darkstalkers recently, so maybe we'll see a new title in the series before we get SFVI.

Yeah, I have been waiting for Capcom's next announcement before SF VI.... They have took too much time after SFV and we only got MvCI but that was nearly 3 years ago...

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, PatinumNumemon said:

I hope that last spot is either Elena or Crimson Viper 1f62d.png Dudley wouldn't be a bad option either

I think it will be a crossover character from another franchise as this will generate more hype for the masses. Maybe another Capcom franchise or another fighting game all together. I'm guessing it's a a Tekken character. 

14 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I think it will be a crossover character from another franchise as this will generate more hype for the masses. Maybe another Capcom franchise or another fighting game all together. I'm guessing it's a a Tekken character. 

The only Tekken character I could see making it would be Heihachi. It makes perfect sense since they duked it out in the Tekken 7 story mode. It could also be Kazuya for the same reason, but less so. Still, I'd rather it be a Street Fighter character over a guest character, even though I love Tekken more

If we look at the last character on SF4, well... I don't think anybody expected Decapre at all. So they could pull the random card again and surprise us with absolutely anybody.

But in the case they decide to be fanservicey, I bet they'd want to do something for their japanese audience. Maybe Makoto, or Gouken.

I'd love one more guest from some other Capcom franchise, maybe an amnesiac Morrigan with her powers being toned down, besides, if her character is loved and bought by many, who knows if Capcom in the end could think her franchise is not that dead, even when they said it is because the remaster sold badly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Tsundokuist said:

You’ll have to purchase them (but can use FM as you say).

That's what I thought.

16 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

Yeah, they won't come for free, Capcom will probably release another Edition of SFV later on with all seasons content, because it's Capcom

Yeah, it's true.

Thank you both!

On 9/3/2020 at 9:46 PM, Ekir said:

I'd love one more guest from some other Capcom franchise, maybe an amnesiac Morrigan with her powers being toned down, besides, if her character is loved and bought by many, who knows if Capcom in the end could think her franchise is not that dead, even when they said it is because the remaster sold badly.

It'll never, EVER happen, but I'd love for the guest character from another Capcom series to be Samanosuke or Jubei (or just about any character) from the Onimusha series.  It would really generate excitement for a new game, and Onimusha still has a huge fan base out there, so I think it would be a good move by Capcom to include a character and see how he or she is received.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am so super excited for Dan's release, not only is he coming out on 22nd of February 2021, but you will get the new V shift system as well. I watched the new update and Dan is so buffed, love the new defensive option of the V shift. That V-shift will be a big change for SFV and look forward to see how it can be used in combos and pressure situations.

For those who wanted the priceless trophy, you can buy the premium pass now to get all the season 5 characters & the bonus character Eleven, as well as 100,000 FM. I'm level 834 and only needed 110,000 and this just save me a grind, plus I can't wait to try the new character's out. I'll still be doing the hard mode for fun, but I'm more excited to play Dan again as a fan. You can watch the winter update and see what's included in the premium and character pass here - https://blog.playstation.com/2021/02/11/street-fighter-v-season-5-begins-february-22/ .

• Like 2