The Sinking City's current state on PS4 and PC (Update)

W571WE

Update: The game is now back on Steam. But not available for purchase yet.

GOG, Epic Games store, Playstation Store, the game isn't back there still. 

"The Sinking City returns to stores, legal dispute continues" 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2021/1/5/22215479/the-sinking-city-nacon-frogwares-legal-dispute-steam

Update: The Sinking City is now back on the PlayStation Store. 

Edited by W571WE
Update

This usually happens whenever there's a potential lawsuit, copyrights issue or something else involving publishing deal going on around. Hope everything works out in the end, I did enjoy Sinking City quite a bit. Way more than I thought that I would. 

Edited by Raveniteh

3 hours ago, Raveniteh said:

This usually happens whenever there's a potential lawsuit, copyrights issue or something else involving publishing deal going on around. Hope everything works out in the end, I did enjoy Sinking City quite a bit. Way more than I thought that I would. 

Its really strange if that's the case with this game, because similar issue happened with other FrogWares games, Sherlock Holmes games. But that issue was when Focus Home Interactive was the publisher, but Sinking City was published by BigBen. It's very odd. Hopefully it will be back soon. I did play it on PC, but would definitely want to plat it on PS4. 

6 minutes ago, HAILtoSTARSCREAM said:

The weirdest thing is that it got announced as joining PS Now a day after this tweet. 1f615.png

Yeah, and the thing is, it was at least delisted since June which is really weird on PlayStation's part. 

13 hours ago, W571WE said:

I did play it on PC, but would definitely want to plat it on PS4. 

Plat is actually quite simple on this one, can be done within one playthrough if you save before certain decisions to load up and do the other one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sk_lp_him said:

I don't know when it got delisted but I bought it on July 10-th from the July savings sale. Then suddenly a few days ago it stopped showing the trophies on the activities page.

I was referring to this tweet. It probably got delisted on PS4 in July then, it looks like. 

Edited by W571WE

10 hours ago, Raveniteh said:

Plat is actually quite simple on this one, can be done within one playthrough if you save before certain decisions to load up and do the other one.

Nice. I wouldn't mind the spoilers as well as I have already beat it before. Thanks for the info. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Y'know I was actually on the verge of buying this a while ago but didn't go through with it and have now obviously missed out for the time being. After reading all of that statement though I'll be quite happy to buy this when it re-releases on PSN. No one should have to go through with that but it's nice to know they are doing everything they can to win against corporate greed.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 11:28 AM, jonesey46 said:

Y'know I was actually on the verge of buying this a while ago but didn't go through with it and have now obviously missed out for the time being. After reading all of that statement though I'll be quite happy to buy this when it re-releases on PSN. No one should have to go through with that but it's nice to know they are doing everything they can to win against corporate greed.

There are physical copies floating around, so you should be able to buy that instead.

• 1 month later...

I think i remember hearing something about this. The publisher for this game doesn't own the IP but they are acting like they do, pulling the game from retail because the devs of TSC wouldn't cave to their demands. and the demands were give us your ip so we can put people we feel are better suited to carry it further.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update: The game is now back on Steam. But not available for purchase yet.

GOG, Epic Games store, Playstation Store, the game isn't back there still. 

"The Sinking City returns to stores, legal dispute continues" 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2021/1/5/22215479/the-sinking-city-nacon-frogwares-legal-dispute-steam

Edited by W571WE

• 3 weeks later...