Can someone please help me understand Thank You trophy

CJ447

Hi all. If someone can give me some context on what I am missing it would be great. 

I played the game once without using the guide and I ended up killing everyone and burning the house down. "Into the Moonlight" was the trophies name.

I then started following the guide found at https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/erica/339001-erica-platinum-walkthrough-text-guide.html

This went on till play through 5. Before returning back to the Delphi House I created a save file which I can then fall back on and completed it and got the trophies.

I then went ahead and reloaded my save and completed play through 6. 

I am now sitting with all trophies but the "Thank You" trophy and the Platinum trophy.

I have gone and played the game another 3 more times in full, trying different endings, but still no luck. 

Can someone explain to me what the heck I might be doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance

There is an ending that sort of combines 2 existing ending, I think...

What i did was piss everybody off the entire playthrough and kill them when I had the chance.

Kill the detective, kill that old hag near the chair where Tobi is bound.

After you kill Tobi with the wrong medicine, Kristie will freak out on you, piss her off so she won't follow you out of the house.

When Lucien comes out of the door, shoot him too.

Pick the key from his body, unlock the door, light diffuser, breath in.

Go through the tunnel until you see the mask, reject it, after getting out of the house keep the lighter.

I'm not sure if this will be the one that pops it for you, but worth a try.

Edited by SnizelPS

"YOU CANNOT UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD YOUR SAVE FILE TO GET ALL OF THE ENDINGS. Each ending must be earned on its own, complete playthrough of the game." That's state in the guide on this site. If you still have your previous save you should download it and finish your 5th and 6th endings again. 

5 hours ago, Persash said:

"YOU CANNOT UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD YOUR SAVE FILE TO GET ALL OF THE ENDINGS. Each ending must be earned on its own, complete playthrough of the game." That's state in the guide on this site. If you still have your previous save you should download it and finish your 5th and 6th endings again. 

You are completely correct and I did not read it but when straight to the Guide and that's why I played the game another 3 times again. 9 times in Total. but it is still not popping the ending trophy.  

5 hours ago, SnizelPS said:

There is an ending that sort of combines 2 existing ending, I think...

What i did was piss everybody off the entire playthrough and kill them when I had the chance.

Kill the detective, kill that old hag near the chair where Tobi is bound.

After you kill Tobi with the wrong medicine, Kristie will freak out on you, piss her off so she won't follow you out of the house.

When Lucien comes out of the door, shoot him too.

Pick the key from his body, unlock the door, light diffuser, breath in.

Go through the tunnel until you see the mask, reject it, after getting out of the house keep the lighter.

I'm not sure if this will be the one that pops it for you, but worth a try.

Hi Snizel 

Yes, that is correct as burning of the house and the going to the mask and rejecting it also leads to burning the house down. 

So below the list of my endings I have had:

1. Burning the house down and be alone
  2. Saving Toby but being a part of the House (Family Throphy)
  3. Saving Toby and becoming the butterfly (Accepting the mask)
  4. Saving Toby and becoming a hostage/Prisoner 
  5. Saving Toby and getting to Mask and rejecting it
  6. Killing Toby and getting to the Mask and rejecting it

1 hour ago, CJ447 said:

Hi Snizel 

Yes, that is correct as burning of the house and the going to the mask and rejecting it also leads to burning the house down. 

So below the list of my endings I have had:

1. Burning the house down and be alone
  2. Saving Toby but being a part of the House (Family Throphy)
  3. Saving Toby and becoming the butterfly (Accepting the mask)
  4. Saving Toby and becoming a hostage/Prisoner 
  5. Saving Toby and getting to Mask and rejecting it
  6. Killing Toby and getting to the Mask and rejecting it

Honestly, can't see anything wrong here.

I'm pretty sure I went through all of these and ended up getting "Thank You".

I also followed the same written guide as you, only difference is, I did it from the start without blind playthrough like you did.

32 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

Honestly, can't see anything wrong here.

I'm pretty sure I went through all of these and ended up getting "Thank You".

I also followed the same written guide as you, only difference is, I did it from the start without blind playthrough like you did.

Thanks for having it a look over. I think I will try one more time saving Toby and going straight to burning it to the ground. I will de-instal the game before doing so. Maybe something is not right because the game did freeze a couple of times on me when I had to quite the game and open it again to carry on. 

12 hours ago, CJ447 said:

Hi all. If someone can give me some context on what I am missing it would be great. 

I played the game once without using the guide and I ended up killing everyone and burning the house down. "Into the Moonlight" was the trophies name.

I then started following the guide found at https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/erica/339001-erica-platinum-walkthrough-text-guide.html

This went on till play through 5. Before returning back to the Delphi House I created a save file which I can then fall back on and completed it and got the trophies.

I then went ahead and reloaded my save and completed play through 6. 

I am now sitting with all trophies but the "Thank You" trophy and the Platinum trophy.

I have gone and played the game another 3 more times in full, trying different endings, but still no luck. 

Can someone explain to me what the heck I might be doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance

Hi

For obtain "into the moonlight" trophy you need 2 finale

One when you burn house and leave alone making Tobi dies.Another when you refuse to wear the mask and after that you will burn Delphi.

Hope it helps

Edited by TrafalgarWarGrey

2 hours ago, TrafalgarWarGrey said:

Hi

For obtain "into the moonlight" trophy you need 2 finale

One when you burn house and leave alone making Tobi dies.Another when you refuse to wear the mask and after that you will burn Delphi.

Hope it helps

Hi TrafalgarWarGrey

Does Toby also have to die for the rejecting the mask? 

So burning the house down with Toby being dead was already done and was my very first run when I played without a guide. 

2 hours ago, CJ447 said:

Hi TrafalgarWarGrey

Does Toby also have to die for the rejecting the mask? 

So burning the house down with Toby being dead was already done and was my very first run when I played without a guide. 

Yes.In both case Tobi needs to die.After his death use guilty option and you are good.

For thank you trophy you need to befriend Tobi other than save her.When you have to choose with which one you wanna pass time select Tobi.Also if you are with her drinking you are good.

I read only now the post before this.ahahah

11 hours ago, TrafalgarWarGrey said:

Yes.In both case Tobi needs to die.After his death use guilty option and you are good.

For thank you trophy you need to befriend Tobi other than save her.When you have to choose with which one you wanna pass time select Tobi.Also if you are with her drinking you are good.

Hi TrafalgarWarGrey

Yes okay, that is something I did not do. Okay, now I have something to go with. I will for sure give that a try. In my own run I did go drinking with her and killed her and burned it down but I did not do that with the rejecting the mask ending. I will give it a try tonight and keep everyone posted. Hopefully, this will be completed tonight.

Thank you

On 8/6/2020 at 8:51 PM, TrafalgarWarGrey said:

Still no luck ?

Hi all, Thank you all for your feedback. 

So I decided to redo the game and do every ending again and for some reason, the trophy popped on the Prisoner Ending. I don't know how or why as I already had the trophy for it but I got the plat. 

Thank you all once again for your feedback. 

Also please find the link below for a small explanation of all endings that I used:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/07/erica_how_to_unlock_all_endings