ReubenTMCB

Trophy Thoughts?

24 posts in this topic

Quick glance, looks pretty easy (easier career, no having to win in hardest difficulty?).  But Undisputed and There Can Only Be One will take some skill online.  I assume Blitz Battles are online?  

Nothing as grindy as UFC3 ultimate team ranks.

Looks like the easiest ufc trophy list, no difficulty trophies only 2 online trophies you have to become champion and defend your title once that shouldn't be to bad, and blitz battles are supposed to be shorter fights so probably wouldn't take that many attempts. The rest of the trophies seem simple enough

Edited by Nobody249

The ‘Undisputed’ trophy gives off Fight Night Round 4 vibes

7 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

The ‘Undisputed’ trophy gives off Fight Night Round 4 vibes

Nothing to that degree where there was only one belt per weight class.  This will be more like UFC 2 where you had to win three Contender fights in a row and then you were placed against someone who had the belt (many people have a belt).  But here, not only do you have to win the belt, you have to successfully defend it once.  

The FNR4 trophies were ridiculous!  But here is to hoping that since EA’s contract is up with UFC after this fourth installment, that they can go back and make another Fight Night!

Looks a lot easier, except the last two.

For the GOAT trophy & defend 12 times, easy. Save before each fight lol.

Any word if you can take a female through career, or even a ufc fighter or does it need to be created? i know ufc3 you could.

Gimme VanZant 😍

Doesn’t seem that difficult, just that undisputed trophy could be the only problem 

It's good to see more of a focus on career mode, especially with how much EA has talked it up.

@LegacyJKO09 I believe you can play as a female career fighter but I don't know about actual UFC fighters.

The online community in EA UFC games is a very nasty one. They like it to be "boxing with lighter gloves" and insult anyone who fights on the ground. Charmingly immature and toxic, isn't it?

I just hope they make it easier to win by submissions this time. That minigame is brutally difficult.

I'm getting this Day 1 as I preordered it digitally. I just hope I enjoyed it as much as the last two... and have better success with trophies this time as well.

i dont know why they are so obsessed with putting these belt trophies in every 1 of there games lol since FNR4

i just hope its not 1 belt or else it will be a mess

16 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

i dont know why they are so obsessed with putting these belt trophies in every 1 of there games lol since FNR4

i just hope its not 1 belt or else it will be a mess

As I mentioned above, lots of people held the same belts in UFC 2.  I am sure it will be the same way here.

Blitz battle is a 64 battle royal player mode this will be the make or break for some

40 minutes ago, TrophyDad said:

Blitz battle is a 64 battle royal player mode this will be the make or break for some

Ouch!

5 hours ago, djb5f said:

As I mentioned above, lots of people held the same belts in UFC 2.  I am sure it will be the same way here.

wasn't it something like 3 wins to compete for title. 4th was title fight and 5th was title defense? i remember it being sort of like a king of the hill 

1 hour ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

wasn't it something like 3 wins to compete for title. 4th was title fight and 5th was title defense? i remember it being sort of like a king of the hill 

yes!

On 8/5/2020 at 9:52 PM, djb5f said:

This will be more like UFC 2 where you had to win three Contender fights in a row and then you were placed against someone who had the belt (many people have a belt).  But here, not only do you have to win the belt, you have to successfully defend it once.  

Hopefully I can catch up finishing UFC 2 and UFC 3 within the next few months! I have stalled on UFC 2 for so long now. It's time I get it done.

On 06/08/2020 at 7:34 PM, djb5f said:

yes!

i just hope the transition into/out of ground and submitting is easier. I remember no matter what, if CPU attempted a submission,  you were screwed.

Also a video popped up on recommended for YouTube and it was UFC4 vs Undisputed 3. a few things i like more in Undisputed 3, when you knock a guy out, you can still pound him a few hits. Refs will pull you off. in between round fight stoppages, and most of all... PRIDE mode. Looks so good.

I'm just hoping it isnt a rushed game, since there is only standard edition it has me worried there wont be many modes.

Since there are no difficulty related trophies, I think every offline trophy will be a 2/10. If you play Career Mode on Easy, you surely will have no problem with defending your title many times (which wasn't even a problem in UFC 3 on Normal, or even Legendary if you got good at the game).

The two online trophies however could be 7/10 upwards, because there will most likely be a lot of exploiting going on.

Sigh.

Edited by Infernopommes

As a longtime MMA guy ive never played any of the games as i train and watch a lot of mma in real life.

Im thinking of taking the jump and having a crack at this. I play a lot of Tekken and VF and whilst i know theyre not the same, fighting games aren't out of my comfort zone.

I was wondering how people who played other fighter franchises took to this game when jumped in. 

Thanks. 

havent got a UFC game since the first EA one. will get this and really hope the online trophy doesnt do my head in.......

The Blitz trophy can be a 50/50 chance of winning since it’s only a one minute match. Land strikes and grapple for a bit and you could win. 

On 8/6/2020 at 7:16 PM, TrophyDad said:

11 minutes ago, ZermenoBoy said:

The Blitz trophy can be a 50/50 chance of winning since it’s only a one minute match. Land strikes and grapple for a bit and you could win. 

So you have to win 6 matches in a row though?  Then it would be (0.5)^6 which equals a 1.6% chance of winning (if all players were equal of course).  Or simply 1/64.  With enough opportunities and since the matches are quick, quite a few people will earn this.  But you will need some skill.

It reminds me of the NHL 20 Ones tourney trophy, where 81 entered and only 1 winner.  1/81.  Four three-person tourneys.  That proved difficult for most.

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

So you have to win 6 matches in a row though?  Then it would be (0.5)^6 which equals a 1.6% chance of winning (if all players were equal of course).  Or simply 1/64.  With enough opportunities and since the matches are quick, quite a few people will earn this.  But you will need some skill.

It reminds me of the NHL 20 Ones tourney trophy, where 81 entered and only 1 winner.  1/81.  Four three-person tourneys.  That proved difficult for most.

Having platinumed both NHL 20 and UFC 4, I can tell you that the blitz trophy is much more lenient. You have to win 6 straight matches for the blitz trophy but you can get away with fighting much more skilled opponents because of the one minute matches. In nhl 20, you were doomed if you faced a much ore experienced opponent