Any other guide writers think this game would be hard to write?

BeforeJam

Do any other guide writers here think this game in particular would be difficult to write a trophy guide for?

As a guide writer, so many of these trophies are luck based to the point where I don't even know what advice to give. Nothing I can come up with seems consistent enough as a "method" for unlocking them. The ones that aren't are so simple, for example "equip x" where the trophy description is just enough and I can't improve or elaborate on it any further.

Like I think I'd just end up writing an extended version of the trophy description and not provide anything meaningful at all.

Whoever's attempting the guide, good luck and I hope you have better luck than me. I had a draft doc open but I don't think I'll continue it any further.

Edited by BeforeJam
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, knoef_NL said:

Writing a guide for this game is plain simple

It's the specific trophies that are hard, but that doesn't make it hard to write the guide, as requirements are clear

Yeah, but I think that's kind of the problem. Maybe it's just my skill level as a writer being low right now, but I have nothing constructive to provide on top of what the requirements do already.

The other thing I've noticed some trophies is that they're very situational and there's a very limited amount of influence a player can have, so it's just down to the right circumstances happening.

There's not much I can do to write about that. For example the trophy Low Baller,  which the score has to be tied for teams, then go into overtime and win by one point. There isn't much a player can do to "make" this situation happen as the other players will just play the minigame, with or without you. So the amount of advice you can provide for it is also limited.

Edited by BeforeJam

1 hour ago, BeforeJam said:

The other thing I've noticed some trophies is that they're very situational and there's a very limited amount of influence a player can have, so it's just down to the right circumstances happening.

There's not much I can do to write about that. For example the trophy Low Baller,  which the score has to be tied for teams, then go into overtime and win by one point. There isn't much a player can do to "make" this situation happen as the other players will just play the minigame, with or without you. So the amount of advice you can provide for it is also limited.

Low baller will eventually come naturally as you play jinxed. You have to win with a score of one, so as long as you win with one person left to be jinxed (which is how it’s usually worked in the ones I’ve played) you’ll get it. I ended up getting my overtime trophy in hoarders because the balls move around so much teams end up drawing pretty often 

It might be a lot like a fighting games guide which rely heavily on the online component for platinum, e.g Street Fighter V. I wish the one written here was better and more up-to-date because I learned a lot more useful stuff for the trophies from the forum threads while the guide itself was just a fat text of explaining more like how the trophies are unlocked rather than orienting a skill-accelerating tuition which would have made the platinum less difficult.

So I guess...pay attention to the community's findings, learn the obstacle courses exploits, shortcuts (yes there is at least one for outrunning the slime rise), analyse strategies for team-based events than compile all of that.

the meat of the guide would have to describe minigame objectives and mechanics. most of the trophies will be earned whilst mastering those and simply playing. Describing each game mode and how to win would help trophy hunters the most, and cut down on time just trying to figure it all out. I've played for about 30 minutes now and have no clue wtf I'm doing aside from the first placement round.

As far as the "trophy guide" is concerned, I would separate it into sections. Say, "Win Your First Episode" would be stage one, and on the way to completing that stage you'll also earn 10-15 trophies such as these... and then list the most common trophies. I haven't looked at all the trophies but I'd assume there are some for winning more than one episode or qualifying for a shit-ton of rounds, so maybe those are stages 2-4 and the final stage is reaching max level by grinding, maybe.

since a lot of trophies can be gotten simply off of luck, there aren't too many tips you can give aside from "play the game," so unless you're a perfectionist, the guide can be made easier simply by writing some trophies off to luck instead of skill. If you decide to write the guide, I hope this can help you out a bit. best of luck to ya man

I'm not a guide writer but a player.

I can tell that some levels have hidden shortcuts or creative ways of using existing mechanics. Nothing too fancy though. Writing every detail about levels and/or about game mechanics would be nice. Of course platinum difficulty /10.