More Specific Information On The Diamond Sword Otherworld Legendary Craft Material

MrTacoNinja

In regards to the information the trophy guide author posted (under the trophy Spectacular Find) on the steps to obtaining all the materials needed to craft an Otherworld Legendary he states as followed:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is another type of legendary that can be crafted, this time using only Easter egg related items. Where to find everything has been outlined within other areas of the guide, which are linked below:

The only one which wasn't mentioned elsewhere is the Diamond Sword. This is obtained during Act 3 in the Sundered Battlefield. Very rarely you can find a mine in the ground called the “Notch Mine.” Destroying it will cause a small dungeon to appear and inside will be a bunch of Creeper enemies and a single chest. Inside the chest is the Diamond Sword.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first 3 items are accurate. The 4rth (Diamond Sword), however, is just completely off. A mine in the ground? Destroying it will cause a small dungeon to appear? Huh??? Noooo idea what he's talking about but to be more specific with what to look for and where to find it, the area you're looking for within The Sundered Battlefield is an area called Gravedeep. Gravedeep will always be located on the north/northwestern portion of the map. And to be more specific, within Gravedeep there will be an entire mining area. It's within this area that you'll locate The Mines. I spent over an hour looking for this goddamn Notch's Mine based off the information in the guide and never found it. Why? Because it's NOT CALLED NOTCH'S MINE! The author clearly based this off the PC version because that indeed is what it's called... in that version!

On the PS4 it's simply called "The Mines". And there is no "mine in the ground that you have to destroy". I have no idea where he got that from. It just appears on the map as a typical cave entrance that you'd find anywhere else throughout the game. The author also doesn't explain 2 very important things. When you enter The Sundered Battlefield that's it, that's the map you rolled, that's the map you're stuck with. If that mine isn't there, you're screwed. To avoid this and an entire new playthrough in hopes of finding this mine back up your save before entering The Sundered Battlefield. Once you do that enter the area, look for the mine. If it's not there download your backup save. Rinse and repeat until you finally find it.

Once you find it, again, back up your save before entering. Once you enter and open the chest that's it, if you don't get the Diamond Sword you're screwed because the game saves as soon as you open the chest. The guide makes it sound like the Diamond Sword is guaranteed. Well guess what, it most certainly is not. There are several item possibilities that you could obtain within this chest. I don't know if the random items within the chest are rolled before entering The Mines or after but just to be safe that's why I said to back up your save before entering. Keep downloading your backup save until you finally get the Diamond Sword.

This all sounds like a pain the ass. I agree. But if you're having the worst luck ever like myself and just can't get a Legendary to drop or don't feel like waiting until level 100 to more than likely have even worse luck trying to gamble one off Santo the Discreet in the Mapworks, well this is a sure-fire way to get one and pop that trophy in the process. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

it is easier to start a multiplayer game and use the option until the end that makes the world regenerate. You enter the map and go to the area of the mines, if the entry does not appear, save the game and repeat.

if you need the legendary item I can give it to you

Edited by Javier-Coronado
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 8/6/2020 at 3:16 AM, MrTacoNinja said:

On the PS4 it's simply called "The Mines". […] It just appears on the map as a typical cave entrance that you'd find anywhere else throughout the game. […] When you enter The Sundered Battlefield that's it, that's the map you rolled, that's the map you're stuck with. If that mine isn't there, you're screwed.

Wrong as well, at least for PS4/XB1. Simply start up a hosted multiplayer game, and set the following options to increase likelihood of its existence …

• set # of players to 4.

• set difficulty to next-higher than your single-player game.

• set minimum level to your current level.

• set maximum level to 100.

• set visibility to friends-only.

• enable invite-only.

• enable re-roll world.

Now do the following …

• from the camp / outpost, warp to the Rivenskull Gorge.

• if the portal appears next to Vyrax’s Tower, head up the stairs, hang a right, and click on the Dragon Temple for a 5% luck boost. :-)

• run ASAP to the N/NE corner to enter the Sundered Battlefield on foot.

• after entering the Sundered Battlefield (on foot), run ASAP to the N/NW corner, then turn right and follow the upper edge of the map until you discover Gravedeep. I say N/NE because sometimes Gravedeep can spawn in the middle of the upper boundary (and the map generated a NE corner just beyond Gravedeep), but that corner isn’t the most E/NE point on the map).

• explore all of Gravedeep for an entrance to The Mines, and if you do find it, plant a Town Portal there, and now you’re done! You can return to Gravedeep as many times as you wish without reloading an old savegame.

• if The Mines didn’t spawn, repeat all my instructions until you have a multiplayer map that does spawn The Mines.

• because you created a town portal at The Mines (and can resist planting a new Town Portal from now until the end of this playthrough), you can re-visit The Mines once per hour for regenerated creepers & a new chest.

• if you don’t get a diamond sword, simply wait 1 hour of playtime to regenerate the creepers & chest. Note that playtime is tracked & carried over from game-launch to game-launch, as well as between loading different characters, just like how a vendor’s items for sale regenerate after 1 hour of playtime.

• lastly, if you do plant a Town Portal elsewhere in this playthrough, it only means you’ll have to run across the Sundered Battlefield to check The Mines’ chest for the sword. My preference is to re-run through levels 1-4 or levels 5-7 of the “dwarven fiery & hellish scaffolding” than to keep re-running across the Sundered Battlefield to open The Mines’ chest for each hour of playtime. And if you do need to re-roll the world (to farm Acts 1, 2, or 3 in the current playthrough), then you’ll simply have to re-roll the world again (via multiplayer) to attempt to respawn The Mines again.

Hope this helps keep an optimistic view about spawning The Mines, especially if you’re new & dismayed that The Mines didn’t pop on your first foray across the Sundered Battlefield :-)

Edited by ghjjmnnjj
  • Like 1