Can I "carry" another player?

Kiyan-13

New to this multiplayer and all I care is earning all online trophies as soon as possible, mainly talking about "Notorious" one which seems like the most time consuming.

I have read about roles and how collector's can be the most efficient one for leveling up and I want to ask if I can "carry" another player? I mean, if I buy the collector's license and bag with gold can I do the treasure hunting with someone else who doesn't have it to help us both earn exp for leveling? If yes, is there a downside to this like less exp or something else?

Edited by DaivRules

Haven't played the multiplayer in a while but I do remember finding non shovel or metal detector items without the license (need the license to get the equipment to find those items) and one person finding a treasure doesn't remove it from the map for everyone else (multiple people can find the same treasure, and apparently they can blood sample the same sedated animal).

Yes, but some treasures only the player with the collectors bag and others Collector items like shovel and the metal detector can pick up. Also, when you’re an actual collector you’ll get role XP each time you find something. If you don’t have the role you’ll only get regular XP.

• Like 1

The more valuable collectibles need a shovel or Metal Detector, so it's not worth it if your friend doesn't have them. I'd say help him by doing large trader sales and having him in your posse so he can earn money and do the challenges for gold (absolutely get online once a day to finish at least 1 challenge to get the streak bonus). You'll get a bunch of free treasure maps when leveling, use those to get ~1 gold per map to get the collector role quickly. Once you got the collector role, save gold for the bounty hunter role. Once you got it, you can do you collecting while on bounty missions to earn some extra gold and XP. The longer you take doing a mission, the more payout you get, so doing collections while waiting for the clock to run out is pretty efficient. Took me about a week to get to lvl 50 (Though I did play until ~lvl 14 before finishing the story)

We just checked it. The player without license can collect all treasures which were stored in the chest although he dont have shovel. His friend must dig up chest. It is impossible for player without shovel to pick up only fossils.

The question is can player who did not buy license sell the collections of treasures to madam Nazar? 

• 2 weeks later...

Guys i would like to ask if can i grind the multiplayer trophies solo with random guys?

I mean, how hard will it be to go for multiplayer trophies without the help or boost by others.

I just started the game and im willing to grind hundreds of hours in multiplayer with random people if i have to if its doable. i dont mind.

i really hope i can do this solo with random people.

I dont have irl friends that plays rdr2 right now on ps4 and i dont want to bother other people. Im not comfortable asking favors on strangers.

Hope someone could answer me. Thank you

31 minutes ago, dreamboysixty9 said:

Guys i would like to ask if can i grind the multiplayer trophies solo with random guys?

I mean, how hard will it be to go for multiplayer trophies without the help or boost by others.

I just started the game and im willing to grind hundreds of hours in multiplayer with random people if i have to if its doable. i dont mind.

I dont have irl friends that plays rdr2 right now on ps4 and i dont want to bother other people. Im not comfortable asking favors on strangers.

All online trophies are easy to get without boosting exept only All's fair trophy cause ppl play freeroam missions very rare now.

Playing in posse is not only fun, it is easy and faster to complete missions playing coop and rewards will be better too.

You can join any open posse or wait till you get invite from random player.

It is easy to get even The real deal trophy without boosting. Buy fast horse and play races.

You ll get a lot of exp playing Collector's role if you want to get 50 rank quick

Edited by MARlNERO
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, dreamboysixty9 said:

Not hard at all, i did it all solo, just joined a few random posses to get some trophies done, it's 100% doable without a boost group 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MARlNERO said:

All online trophies are easy to get without boosting exept only All's fair trophy cause ppl play freeroam missions very rare now.

Playing in posse is not only fun, it is easy and faster to complete missions playing coop and rewards will be better too.

You can join any open posse or wait till you get invite from random player.

It is easy to get even The real deal trophy without boosting. Buy fast horse and play races.

You ll get a lot of exp playing Collector's role if you want to get 50 rank quick

1 hour ago, Phantochi said:

Not hard at all, i did it all solo, just joined a few random posses to get some trophies done, it's 100% doable without a boost group 

Thank you for the reply and the tips guys. I should start the game then.

Btw can i ask if when is the best time to play multiplayer?

Should i finish the story first and be super familiar about the game? or can i play anytime i want even at the start with little knowledge of the game.

Sorry if i ask too many questions,im just preparing myself for the coming months of playing this. ?

35 minutes ago, dreamboysixty9 said:

Thank you for the reply and the tips guys. I should start the game then.

Btw can i ask if when is the best time to play multiplayer?

Should i finish the story first and be super familiar about the game? or can i play anytime i want even at the start with little knowledge of the game.

Sorry if i ask too many questions,im just preparing myself for the coming months of playing this. 1f601.png

You don't need to be super familiar with the game to hop into mp, i finished some mp stuff before even starting story mode but just because i'm not a big fan of multiplayer. The game doesn’t give you a tutorial in mp tho, so at the beginning you may get lost in a few mechanics, but just ask around here and you'll definetely get some help

Edited by Phantochi
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Phantochi said:

You don't need to be super familiar with the game to hop into mp, i finished some mp stuff before even starting story mode but just because i'm not a big fan of multiplayer. The game doesn’t give you a tutorial in mp tho, so at the beginning you may get lost in a few mechanics, but just ask around here and you'll definetely get some help

Thank you. I appreciate the reply. ☺