Resident Evil 3 1.05 Patch Notes

kidson2004

With patch 1.05, now you can buy all the bonuses from the store for only $5. Meaning you'll have access to the infinite rocket launcher from the very beginning. Also (if I'm reading this correctly) this makes 1st time players able to literally blast their way to the :platinum: with no problems at all. Here's the link to the PSN Store for the DLC:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0102-CUSA14168_00-BH3ROFFUNLOCK000

Also another link for patch notes:

https://updatecrazy.com/resident-evil-3-update-version-1-05-patch-notes/

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

With patch 1.05, now you can buy all the bonuses from the store for only $5. Meaning you'll have access to the infinite rocket launcher from the very beginning. Also (if I'm reading this correctly) this makes 1st time players able to literally blast their way to the :platinum: with no problems at all. Here's the link to the PSN Store for the DLC:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0102-CUSA14168_00-BH3ROFFUNLOCK000

Also another link for patch notes:

https://updatecrazy.com/resident-evil-3-update-version-1-05-patch-notes/

Don’t hate I was waiting for this .. I knew it was coming soon! ? 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Inferno final boss is always difficult but the DLC makes the whole game EVEN easier than before because now you can get EXTRA coins, EXTRA dodge book, EXTRA crafting device xD

Before, even with all unlockables, final boss can kill you in 3 hits, only with the DLC items, it takes 10, I kid you not!!!

This DLC is not done the same as the RE2R DLC, with this one, they have made it so the DLC makes the game EASIER, I guess they gave in to all those complaining about inferno difficulty! 

Expect a 2hr platinum speedrun guide soon xD

Will be waiting .. I think now I will do a speed run and inferno run as my first run ;) 

8 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Will be waiting .. I think now I will do a speed run and inferno run as my first run ;) 

Best to do No Box assisted first.

You want the extra coins for Inferno in order to make final nemesis a piece of cake, it would go from having to dodge all his attacks to having to dodge none, literally!!!

Doing the no box first will allow you to get points for the duplicates ready for inferno ;)

9 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Best to do No Box assisted first.

You want the extra coins for Inferno in order to make final nemesis a piece of cake, it would go from having to dodge all his attacks to having to dodge none, literally!!!

Doing the no box first will allow you to get points for the duplicates ready for inferno ;)

But if I buy the DLC it will be a piece of cake right? Dont need to grind for coins ... Or did I miss something about the DLC ??

Edited by Titanomachy_75

This doesn't change much since the RP shop was a thing since day one. The infinite rocket launcher and other "must-have" bonuses are easy to obtain without this. Only takes a couple of hours worth of grinding if I recall correctly. The game already has a plat percentage of almost 42% on this site, but I guess even that's too intimidating for these "trophy hunters" who are used to sub-hour easy plats, huh?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

But if I buy the DLC it will be a piece of cake right? Dont need to grind for coins ... Or did I miss something about the DLC ??

Yes it will. The in shop items you would’ve grinded for (which is honestly easy to do), will now be unlocked even before you start the game. 

Edited by kidson2004
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

This doesn't change much since the RP shop was a thing since day one. The infinite rocket launcher and other "must-have" bonuses are easy to obtain without this. Only takes a couple of hours worth of grinding if I recall correctly. The game already has a plat percentage of almost 42% on this site, but I guess even that's too intimidating for these "trophy hunters" who are used to sub-hour easy plats, huh?

I understand what you mean... but you can’t fault people that have families and jobs and sometimes 3 or more kids when the time is not there at all! Sometimes I start a game I have to hurry up and finish before family life hits in. Just try to understand these gamers thanks ?? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

90% of it will be a joke yea, but Inferno is quite a different ball game, you can get caught out pretty quick and final boss will perhaps get you stuck for hours....have you seen the inferno final boss threads xD

The final boss is wierd here that with unlocables the rest of a he game is perhaps a 3-4/10, but the final boss even with unlockable is a 7-8/10 alone.

The DLC does more than it appears. Normally, you can only get 2 x Coins, but the DLC allows you to get 4 x coins as the DLC duplicates stuff rather than replace.

If you play assisted no box first, you will get enough points for the normal coins almost naturally!

The final boss on inferno with the default 2 coins will kill you in 3 hits, but with 4 coins it takes 10 hits. The coins all multiply of each other, its mad.

Also, 4 x recovery coins heals you from danger to full health in abt 15 secs whereas with 2 it takes just over a minute!

Go for it m8 if you want, but trust me that final inferno boss will have you raging like it did to all of us xD

38 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

90% of it will be a joke yea, but Inferno is quite a different ball game, you can get caught out pretty quick and final boss will perhaps get you stuck for hours....have you seen the inferno final boss threads xD

The final boss is wierd here that with unlocables the rest of a he game is perhaps a 3-4/10, but the final boss even with unlockable is a 7-8/10 alone.

The DLC does more than it appears. Normally, you can only get 2 x Coins, but the DLC allows you to get 4 x coins as the DLC duplicates stuff rather than replace.

If you play assisted no box first, you will get enough points for the normal coins almost naturally!

The final boss on inferno with the default 2 coins will kill you in 3 hits, but with 4 coins it takes 10 hits. The coins all multiply of each other, its mad.

Also, 4 x recovery coins heals you from danger to full health in abt 15 secs whereas with 2 it takes just over a minute!

Go for it m8 if you want, but trust me that final inferno boss will have you raging like it did to all of us xD

So, if I have 4 coins not 2 the final boss will be a joke then? Did I read that right? So buying the dlc with make my life little easier then yours lol

well the unlocks are really not necessary in this game. I admit I bought them for RE 2 so I could get Rocket Launcher and Minigun (because there is no way I can get S+ on Hardcore) AFTER I already unlocked everything else in the game. But for RE 3 you can actually buy the Rocket Launcher after one run if you collect all collectables and do the weapon kills challenges. Actually after my 1st run I was able to buy both the Rocket Launcher and the Assault Rifle. With that and maybe the two hip pouches you can already breeze through the game in your 2nd run. Besides for the platinum you need to complete most of the challenges anyway.

This was actually my fastest plat ever - did it in only 2 days and unlocked everything without paying for it. It's super easy.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Cloudbahamut said:

well the unlocks are really not necessary in this game. I admit I bought them for RE 2 so I could get Rocket Launcher and Minigun (because there is no way I can get S+ on Hardcore) AFTER I already unlocked everything else in the game. But for RE 3 you can actually buy the Rocket Launcher after one run if you collect all collectables and do the weapon kills challenges. Actually after my 1st run I was able to buy both the Rocket Launcher and the Assault Rifle. With that and maybe the two hip pouches you can already breeze through the game in your 2nd run. Besides for the platinum you need to complete most of the challenges anyway.

This was actually my fastest plat ever - did it in only 2 days and unlocked everything without paying for it. It's super easy.

52 minutes ago, SeniorRicketts said:

Why would you buy the unlock the chsllenges to unlock the rocket launcher are so easy 

Seriously

The DLC doesnt unlock challenges, I dunno where you guys are getting that from, says that nowhere! It DUPLICATES rewards except for hip pouches!!

I agree 90% of the game is almost a joke with RL, but how long did it take you guys in total to do Inferno final boss from 1st attempt to defeat??? (Trial error, deaths etc).

Those of us before, we had played through the game 3 times before inferno, players can potentially do it on their very first run now. Even with RL, gonna be a steep learning curve ;)

And @CloudBahamut, you made a thread here for us to see where you were complaining about how impossible the final boss is on inferno with all your unlocks still.

Im guessing you didnt read my replies above, sure, the DLC isnt necessary, but you do realise that with the DLC you can literally tank 9 HITS FROM FINAL BOSS on inferno whereas usually its only 2 HITS that you can tank. The DLC makes final nemesis a joke for EVERYBODY on 1st attempt!!!

Remember the 8 hit combo which is very hard to dodge, well if he hits you 3 times in a row with it, he stops the combo (it was impossible to know this before). With the coins you can tank 9 hits but only ever get hit 3 times in a row MAX and with the extra recovery coins, you refill from Danger to Full in 15-20secs. With 4 x defence and 4 x recovery coins, you can just focus on shooting final boss without dodging!

Having the weapons early are nice, but the big draw which for now people are missing are the 4 x coins you can get with it!!

Edited by Optinooby

37 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

The DLC doesnt unlock challenges, I dunno where you guys are getting that from, says that nowhere! It DUPLICATES rewards except for hip pouches!!

I agree 90% of the game is almost a joke with RL, but how long did it take you guys in total to do Inferno final boss from 1st attempt to defeat??? (Trial error, deaths etc).

Those of us before, we had played through the game 3 times before inferno, players can potentially do it on their very first run now. Even with RL, gonna be a steep learning curve ;)

And @CloudBahamut, you made a thread here for us to see where you were complaining about how impossible the final boss is on inferno with all your unlocks still.

Im guessing you didnt read my replies above, sure, the DLC isnt necessary, but you do realise that with the DLC you can literally tank 9 HITS FROM FINAL BOSS on inferno whereas usually its only 2 HITS that you can tank. The DLC makes final nemesis a joke for EVERYBODY on 1st attempt!!!

Remember the 8 hit combo which is very hard to dodge, well if he hits you 3 times in a row with it, he stops the combo (it was impossible to know this before). With the coins you can tank 9 hits but only ever get hit 3 times in a row MAX and with the extra recovery coins, you refill from Danger to Full in 15-20secs. With 4 x defence and 4 x recovery coins, you can just focus on shooting final boss without dodging!

Having the weapons early are nice, but the big draw which for now people are missing are the 4 x coins you can get with it!!

Dude what is your problem ? I NEVER said you unlock all challenges with the DLC, in fact I said the OPPOSITE. Maybe try to read first ? I said that for the plat you still have to do most of the challenges anyway. Every damn time you reply to me you attack me in some way. One more time and I will put you on ignore, I am sick of this shit.

Also what's your source for claiming that the DLC will duplicate your rewards instead of replacing them ? That seems very unlikely. That's not how it worked on RE 2, you only get the stuff unlocked that you don't already have.

4 hours ago, Cloudbahamut said:

Dude what is your problem ? I NEVER said you unlock all challenges with the DLC, in fact I said the OPPOSITE. Maybe try to read first ? I said that for the plat you still have to do most of the challenges anyway. Every damn time you reply to me you attack me in some way. One more time and I will put you on ignore, I am sick of this shit.

Also what's your source for claiming that the DLC will duplicate your rewards instead of replacing them ? That seems very unlikely. That's not how it worked on RE 2, you only get the stuff unlocked that you don't already have.

Honestly, apologies Cloud, not attacking you, im just trying to clear up a lot of misinformation around this new DLC as a lot of assumptions are being made about it, clearly im failing miserably xD

Don't really have a source, I always like to check things myself as I know alot of assumptions are made with videogame s and the word 'confirm' is becoming a more and more loose term.

But I guess to backup my claim, the official PSN store in-game rewards unlock page states the dupes and I have the DLC myself.

The DLC for this game is crazy Cloud, can you imagine being able to take 9 hits from final nemesis on Inferno!!! I know its not needed, but it makes even final nemesis a joke xD

Edited by Optinooby

10 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Inferno final boss is always difficult but the DLC makes the whole game EVEN easier than before because now you can get EXTRA coins, EXTRA dodge book, EXTRA crafting device xD

Before, even with all unlockables, final boss can kill you in 3 hits, only with the DLC items, it takes 10, I kid you not!!!

This DLC is not done the same as the RE2R DLC, with this one, they have made it so the DLC makes the game EASIER, I guess they gave in to all those complaining about inferno difficulty! 

Expect a 2hr platinum speedrun guide soon xD

thats last boss is no joke, dieded 4 times before beat it im just bad with dodging.

thanks for ur video, got the plat because of it?

7 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Honestly, apologies Cloud, not attacking you, im just trying to clear up a lot of misinformation around this new DLC as a lot of assumptions are being made about it, clearly im failing miserably xD

Don't really have a source, I always like to check things myself as I know alot of assumptions are made with videogame s and the word 'confirm' is becoming a more and more loose term.

But I guess to backup my claim, the official PSN store in-game rewards unlock page states the dupes and I have the DLC myself.

The DLC for this game is crazy Cloud, can you imagine being able to take 9 hits from final nemesis on Inferno!!! I know its not needed, but it makes even final nemesis a joke xD

I just beat Nemesis on Inferno with 4 coins (I had already done all my runs except for Hardcore so this DLC just let me skip some grinding and a pointless playthrough with the RL), and I don't think you are correct about the coins multiplying. I was able to survive one combo, which brought me to caution, but if he combo'd me again I died while stunlocked. Maybe it gives you one extra hit? But you certainly cannot take nine hits. 

Either way this does radically speed up the plat:

1) Minimalist run on assisted and collectibles without healing

2) Buy extra coins and STARS manual

3) Speed Run Inferno with RL

Edited by DoomsdayVivi

50 minutes ago, DoomsdayVivi said:

I just beat Nemesis on Inferno with 4 coins (I had already done all my runs except for Hardcore so this DLC just let me skip some grinding and a pointless playthrough with the RL), and I don't think you are correct about the coins multiplying. I was able to survive one combo, which brought me to caution, but if he combo'd me again I died while stunlocked. Maybe it gives you one extra hit? But you certainly cannot take nine hits. 

Either way this does radically speed up the plat:

1) Minimalist run on assisted and collectibles without healing

2) Buy extra coins and STARS manual

3) Speed Run Inferno with RL

Its not just me, a few of us on Gamefaqs have said the same, one guy even got the PC tool out that shows you all the data during gameplay.

He took 10 hits till death, I took 10 hits till death and so does the data he provided reflects this.

4 x coins means you take 7.5% of incoming dmg. 2 x coins is 30%, pretty crazy. There are even videos on youtube confirming this as you literally see someone survive 9 hits on inferno!!

If you died in less than 10 hits with 4 x defence coins on your person, then you perhaps wasnt at 100% health. Green fine btw is about 70-100% hp, orange caution 30-70% hp etc.

The tool showed the same results and I was testing it for hours on pure gameplay and playing about with builds.

Did you just try it once?

16 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

I understand what you mean... but you can’t fault people that have families and jobs and sometimes 3 or more kids when the time is not there at all! Sometimes I start a game I have to hurry up and finish before family life hits in. Just try to understand these gamers thanks 1f64f-1f3fb.png 

Yep I have two kids, a wife, a house, make money, and other responsibilities. While I make the most effort to give trophies/games like this a sincere amount of time and dedication to accomplish them. Sometimes if I'm able to take a shortcut I'm not above taking one, and having a backlog of things to play while things endlessly come out is daunting.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Amphiprion11513 said:

Yep I have two kids, a wife, a house, make money, and other responsibilities. While I make the most effort to give trophies/games like this a sincere amount of time and dedication to accomplish them. Sometimes if I'm able to take a shortcut I'm not above taking one, and having a backlog of things to play while things endlessly come out is daunting.  

Yeah, this is so true. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Its not just me, a few of us on Gamefaqs have said the same, one guy even got the PC tool out that shows you all the data during gameplay.

He took 10 hits till death, I took 10 hits till death and so does the data he provided reflects this.

4 x coins means you take 7.5% of incoming dmg. 2 x coins is 30%, pretty crazy. There are even videos on youtube confirming this as you literally see someone survive 9 hits on inferno!!

If you died in less than 10 hits with 4 x defence coins on your person, then you perhaps wasnt at 100% health. Green fine btw is about 70-100% hp, orange caution 30-70% hp etc.

The tool showed the same results and I was testing it for hours on pure gameplay and playing about with builds.

Did you just try it once?

I did beat him on the second try. Do you have a link to that video? It's not possible that I wasn't at full health because I have the recovery coins. Maybe it's different on the PC version? 

2 hours ago, DoomsdayVivi said:

I did beat him on the second try. Do you have a link to that video? It's not possible that I wasn't at full health because I have the recovery coins. Maybe it's different on the PC version? 

I've taken 10 hits before death on PS4. Not sure what has happened on your game, you definitely had all 4 defence coins in your inventory??

Here is the link, you see Jill take hits 10 hits before death with 4 x defence coins equipped https://youtu.be/agsP66gqaJ8

The part you're looking for starts at approx 02:50

Edited by Optinooby