Temtem officially announced for PS5

Abby_TheLastofUs

Header_KS_TheGame.png?t=1595383096

Every kid dreams about becoming a Temtem tamer; exploring the six islands of the Airborne Archipelago, discovering new species, and making good friends along the way. Now it’s your turn to embark on an epic adventure and make those dreams come true.

Steam_Game.jpg?t=1595383096

Catch new Temtem on Omninesia’s floating islands, battle other tamers on the sandy beaches of Deniz or trade with your friends in Tucma’s ash-covered fields. Defeat the ever-annoying Clan Belsoto and end its plot to rule over the Archipelago, beat all eight Dojo Leaders, and become the ultimate Temtem tamer!

Header_KS_AirborneArchipelago.png?t=1595383096

Steam_Archipelago.jpg?t=1595383096

These are the floating islands where Temtem and humans coexist peacefully. Each island is a whole different world, but there is something we all have in common – our love for Temtem and Temtem battles! Intrepid tamers like yourself travel on airships to the furthest reaches of the Archipelago to find the best Temtem. Every young tamer dreams of becoming the best…

Header_KS_Features.png?t=1595383096

Story Campaign: Journey across six vivid islands and embark on the adventure of becoming a Temtem tamer while fighting against the evil Clan Belsoto.

Online World: The days of traveling solo are over; in Temtem the world is a massively multiplayer one. Tamers from around the world can join and you will be able to see them around you, living the adventure with you and fighting to become the best Temtem tamer.

Co-Op Adventure: You will be able to join forces with a friend any time and work together towards your next goal. Catch new Temtem, complete a Route, or face off against a Temtem Leader; all while fighting alongside your friend in dual battles!

Housing: Buy your own house at Atoll Row and decorate it your way. Buy new furniture, color your walls and you’ll be ready to invite your friends over!

Customize: Customize your character to stand out from the crowd and get new cosmetics while you battle other tamers. Pick a silly hat, a comfy sweatshirt, some pants and you’re ready to go! Or maybe you prefer to wear a full-on cosplay of your favorite Temtem?

Competitive: Start by choosing 8 Temtem and the pick and ban phase will begin. Take turns with your rival to pick your Temtem and ban theirs. When all the decisions are made and the turns are ended, you will end up with a squad of 5 Temtem and the battle will begin.

Always Growing: New content is constantly being added to Temtem, new events, new missions, new cosmetics, new Temtem, and new ways to play!

As we look forward and as we expand our plans for the future of Temtem, we knew we had to embrace the next-gen," Temtem director Guillermo Andrades told IGN. "Sony has been very receptive and helpful with us in this decision, so the PS5 is the perfect fit to start our journey.

For those that want your Pokemon fix, but don't have any Nintendo systems

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

So, the only difference between the standard and deluxe edition is early access to an item? Is that item really hard to get, and really useful? Because $20 is a LOT for early access to something.

EDIT: Reading the fine print, it seems that the items are cosmetic, and given only to the early access folks. That still seems really expensive, though. Most games give you at least a theoretically deep DLC for that kind of scratch.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

Balls.  I'll be getting a PS5 earlier than expected, most likely.

Second look - game could come out any time before December 31, 2021, according to the fine print.  Could very well be the end of next year, but that would still be an earlier buy for me than I had toyed around with.

Edited by IntroPhenom

• 1 month later...

https://crema.gg/crema/ps5-early-access-faq/

The game is out in Early Access next week, and they put up an FAQ recently with some new info regarding trophies:

Does Temtem have trophies on the PS5?

• Trophies are not available in Early Access, but be added when the full game launches in 2021.

Will I receive trophies for my past Early Access achievements? 

• We’re currently looking into this, but for now we’re aiming to design all our trophies so they do not get locked behind past content that players cannot repeat. 

I was looking forward to spending some time with this over Christmas, but now I think I'll hold off until the full release.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently started playing Nexomon: Extinction on PS4. To get *another* Pokemon fix. (Im competitive somewhat at Pokemon and buy the Nintendo consoles just for them)

Seeing this game TemTem makes me happy as well. Lets hope the designs of the 'mons are decent and the battle system holds up. If it can improve on Pokemon in anyway id be damn happy as lets be honest its been stale a while. (I mean i like Stale Pokemon (tasty)) 

Please Sony give your backing to this game if you havent already. 

Edited by punkshepherd
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 7:52 AM, starcrunch061 said:

So, the only difference between the standard and deluxe edition is early access to an item? Is that item really hard to get, and really useful?

Cosmetic and probably won't be released again after this point. Or at least that's how the Steam version is working.

There was some talk in the discord at the start of alpha about wanting to have progress cross-platform like Destiny 2 or Dauntless, but they weren't sure if it could be pulled off. I'd very much like that to be a feature, but it's not a deal breaker.

Edit: So I stopped by the games discord and asked about it. Steam & PS5 players will be on the same servers, but there isn't any cross-save/progress at the moment and it may not be something ultimately done.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 11:51 PM, VannQ said:

Can't wait, been dying for a pokemon-like game on the playstation!

You should check out Nexomon: Extinction

30 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Any info if this game will get Trophy support?

The game won't have it in early access, but it will be added when the full game launches.

Edited by YairGOW

On 29/10/2020 at 0:44 AM, Ghost said:

Update from the Playstation Blog - It will release as early access on December 8

Priced at:

50538624627_1625a2dc38_o.jpg

Have a look at nexomon: extinction and monster sanctuary @VannQ. Both monster capture games.

Also worth noting that tem tem is live now as early access on console. It just won't have trophies till official release

Edited by Ac3dUd3-
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 2:15 AM, Erkawest said:

They've talked quite a bit about achievements coming to the Steam version, specifically that they want to make a list that pre-existing players can't just auto-pop for completion. Not sure how they would pull that off without having to add a whole slew of new content when the achievements come out.

On 05/01/2021 at 5:15 PM, Erkawest said:

They said when it is officially live and out of early access. They are trying to allow you to keep progression of your early access stuff to count for the trophies added. But also said they don't want stuff to autopop so it's pretty contradictory. 

I'm personally just going to wait till its officially released as I sont want to play a whole game and then it doesn't mean anything trophy wise once they decide what to do with it 

8 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

They said when it is officially live and out of early access. They are trying to allow you to keep progression of your early access stuff to count for the trophies added. But also said they don't want stuff to autopop so it's pretty contradictory. 

I'm personally just going to wait till its officially released as I sont want to play a whole game and then it doesn't mean anything trophy wise once they decide what to do with it 

They could do like obvious stuff like "collect X monsters" and add a few new ones to have a new collection completion total. They would however miss a bunch of easy stuff like getting your first monster, doing your first battle against another player, first gym, etc. All the trophies would have to be post-game content which is kinda meh.

5 minutes ago, Trini said:

As a huge pokefan, would anyone recommend this title over Nexomon: Extinction?

Nexo style is more like games like XY and older while TT style is more like SuMo. Nexo also has trophy support and is a PS4 game, so if you intend to still play games on a PS4 there's a benefit there as you can hop back and forth. TT is PS5 exclusive.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Trini said:

As a huge pokefan, would anyone recommend this title over Nexomon: Extinction?

I quite enjoyed Nexomon, it is very similar to Pokemon. Ive not played Tem Tem so can not comment on that.

If you are a fan of older 2D games there is Monster Sanctuary, think pokemon with terraria graphics

@mcnichoj Thanks for the swift reply! I've briefly looked through some of the comments here. Is it really true that Temtem lacks trophy support, specifically on PS5? 

6 minutes ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

I quite enjoyed Nexomon, it is very similar to Pokemon. Ive not played Tem Tem so can not comment on that.

If you are a fan of older 2D games there is Monster Sanctuary, think pokemon with terraria graphics

I will definitely check it out; thanks! (would also give you a like if I haven't hit my cap already lol) 

6 minutes ago, Trini said:

@mcnichoj Thanks for the swift reply! I've briefly looked through some of the comments here. Is it really true that Temtem lacks trophy support, specifically on PS5?

As it's ported from a Steam game that doesn't have achievements yet and is still missing content that they had already planned on adding so yeah no trophies. It will definitely get some at some point though, don't think it will be like Onigiri on PS4 and never get any.

1 minute ago, mcnichoj said:

As it's ported from a Steam game that doesn't have achievements yet and is still missing content that they had already planned on adding so yeah no trophies. It will definitely get some at some point though, don't think it will be like Onigiri on PS4 and never get any.

Sweet, thank you once again, good sir