steel6burgh

before you buy it's not what it looks like

5 posts in this topic

Wanted to I've my 2 cents on this game. So the game looks fun right?  Wrong.  This is one of the worst game I've played on ps4 to date.  It isn't fun in the least.  Most of the time the lobbies are mainly filled with bots.  The bots are programmed horribly.  You basically spawn into chaos and get killed immediately.  It is so hectic and poorly designed.  You sometimes don't even have time to turn around and you are dead again.  Toward the end of some of the matches the bots will malfunction and forget they are suppose to kill you as they start walking around the edge of the maps sometimes continuing to shoot each other while completely ignoring you.  Other times they ignore each other also.  This usually happens for whatever reason around the half way point in the match.  It's good though because it's about the only way you actually have a chance of getting any kills.  There clearly needs to be some sort of balance from how the bots behave in the beginning of the match to how they behave in the end.  

As far as an easy platinum is concerned sure it's easy.  I didn't realize this when I bought it i though I was buying into a cool multiplayer game that would be a bit of a grind playing against real people. I thought it might be a half way decent platinum instead it's a garbage platinum as well as you can play all the maps solo.  That is correct you can play the maps and complete all the misc trophies without even having to have a boosting partner or an alt in the match.  I just wanted to let people know this game is complete garbage.  Things don't track right either so keep that in mind.  Some of the maps are sort of cool but gameplay is god awful.   keep in mind when people are playing it is much better but still pretty bad.  I had a hard time playing in lobbies with more than a few people.  This game isn't worth $1.99 let alone $19.99.   

Posted (edited)

55 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

Wanted to I've my 2 cents on this game. So the game looks fun right?  Wrong.  This is one of the worst game I've played on ps4 to date.  It isn't fun in the least.  Most of the time the lobbies are mainly filled with bots.  The bots are programmed horribly.  You basically spawn into chaos and get killed immediately.  It is so hectic and poorly designed.  You sometimes don't even have time to turn around and you are dead again.  Toward the end of some of the matches the bots will malfunction and forget they are suppose to kill you as they start walking around the edge of the maps sometimes continuing to shoot each other while completely ignoring you.  Other times they ignore each other also.  This usually happens for whatever reason around the half way point in the match.  It's good though because it's about the only way you actually have a chance of getting any kills.  There clearly needs to be some sort of balance from how the bots behave in the beginning of the match to how they behave in the end.  

As far as an easy platinum is concerned sure it's easy.  I didn't realize this when I bought it i though I was buying into a cool multiplayer game that would be a bit of a grind playing against real people. I thought it might be a half way decent platinum instead it's a garbage platinum as well as you can play all the maps solo.  That is correct you can play the maps and complete all the misc trophies without even having to have a boosting partner or an alt in the match.  I just wanted to let people know this game is complete garbage.  Things don't track right either so keep that in mind.  Some of the maps are sort of cool but gameplay is god awful.   keep in mind when people are playing it is much better but still pretty bad.  I had a hard time playing in lobbies with more than a few people.  This game isn't worth $1.99 let alone $19.99.   

I would have to say that you might find the game to not be fun but it says at the top left corner on the levels it says it if it had bots you don't have to play the matches with bots, I mean there is team death match and so on without bots and some with capture the flag and so on. I will say the game is not worth the full £15 they want but a £10 or 5 is. I mean it ain't perfect but it is a good game. am sorry you didn't enjoy it but yeah I think it is fun plus the bots in the game are assholes but hey I played timesplitters and they are somewhat the same, you need to be fast or you die.

But yeah, I think this game is a lot of fun, sure the bots are bs but I have dealt with worse. the ones in brink were bad and the one in ninja gaiden is bad but to me the bots in this game are a lot like the ones in timesplitters. I know I repeat myself a lot but yeah.

Edited by KANERKB

14 minutes ago, KANERKB said:
19 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

I would have to say that you might find the game to not be fun but it says at the top left corner on the levels it says it if it had bots you don't have to play the matches with bots, I mean there is team death match and so on without bots and some with. I will say the game is not worth the full £15 they want but a £10 or 5 is. I mean it ain't perfect but it is a good game. am sorry you didn't enjoy it but yeah I think it is fun plus the bots in the game are assholes but hey I played timesplitters and they are somewhat the same, you need to be fast or you die.

I wouldn't say the bots are assholes I'd say they are of poor game design.  Clearly the DEVs thought people would be playing their game so they weren't relying on bots.  Sad news they better fix their bots because people aren't going to play this trash for more than a afternoon before they shelf it.  Clearly this is a multiplayer game so I have to have some sort of enemy to shoot at so the option to play without bots in a lobby with no people would be pretty boring don't you think???  I was in one almost full lobby and many many lobbies with only two or three real people so bots are going to be necessary.  I can't be faster than spawning in and getting killed the second I do.  I've played a lot of game with bots and have never been spawn killed in any of them.   If I need flame thrower kills i have to swap my weapon 5 times so by that time I could have been killed about 3 times by the bots.  If you're enjoying it I'm happy for you. 

3 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

While that maybe true with how you done that I had problems with the game in terms of balancing, a lot of the time I was in a team by myself with everyone on the other team, and as I said before you can play maps without bots it is clearly in the top corner of the map when your picking it. as for the swapping the weapon 5 times to get to the flamethrower if you go up on the d pad you go to the bottom of the weapon list  and you just change it once, if your spaming trangle all the time then yes you will be stuck with changing 5 times. I mean I get where your coming from with not liking the bots and so on but to me I have been spawn killed by bots before mostly in games like timesplitters and brink, sure you get killed in a unfair way and so on but I mean you can clearly kick their head in just the same. the only problem I have with them is they need to fix the ones that break and stand there like dumasses but yeah.

All I can say is it is your taste of the game some might think your right and others might not. same with my views but your problems are easy to fix. don't like bots? play the maps that are tied to just fighting other players. sure it is random and so on but yeah. I mean there is a lot of games out there that are worse than this. I mean dear ester is one of them along with the park and the town of light

Thanks for the head ups man, such a shame considering it's a 5-year-old game, I expected a polished experience. They definitely butchered it with the price tag also, I'll wait for a sale and maybe try it out in the future.