xTaihou

Most Rare PS3 Games

34 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

XDGQaMR.jpg

 

I saw this thread & it made me wonder so I raided the ps3 piles and grabbed a selection out for a happy snap. Looked up a bunch of games to see what the asking prices are and how many copies are for sale. Some things surprised me. May as well talk about the games in the picture.

 

Class of Heroes 2G - Early limited game sold from the publisher before a ton of companies popped up to do the same. My copy is sealed but the cover is totally fucked & crinkled or whatever that's called when the paper warps. It arrived like that.

 

Railfan & Railfan Taiwan - Trophyless games that play real life footage of the train lines with the usual precise-stopping game play found in train games. Even when I got these not that long after release there weren't a ton of copies around & the games have never been cheap.

 

Vampire Resurrection & Dungeons & Dragons - I noticed these are pretty expensive now, dunno how 'rare' they are though.

 

Megazone 23 & Imabikisou - Early trophyless VN imports. Didn't see many copies for sale now.

 

Boku no Natsuyasumi 3 - Early import, this got quite expensive as well. It's a bloody beautiful game though.

 

Aquanauts Holiday (english) & Afrika (US) - Serious business here! Two of my favourite ps3 games for sure. Copies don't pop up that often and the asking price is almost always pretty extortionate. Got both plats but love the games so much I'll never get rid of them!!

 

Demons Souls (AS) - When this version was released it went on back order right away & I had to wait a month and pay $120 for the privilege of playing this early & in English but it was well worth it & ended up being my second ever plat. 

 

River City Sports (AS) - This boxed english version of downtown nekketsu blah blah fuckingwhatever came quite late in the game and I doubt they made too many copies. There aren't a whole lot going around atm that's for sure.

 

Initial D & Wangan Midnight - Might be pushing it with these (didn't even include Wangan in the pic) but I don't see anyone ever talk about them anywhere & I reckon they were great fun. 

 

Red Seeds Profile - Doesn't matter if it's the Japanese, AS or the Korean version I have, this early Deadly Premonition release has never been all that cheap or abundant. 

 

Toro: Let's Party (English) - Early import which is a horrible compilation of SHIT mini games many of which use CRAP gyro or motion controls. English version doesn't pop up as much as the Japanese version. Price is pretty high for such a bad game as well.

 

Shmups - Despite the fact the tiny ps3 shmup library is comprised of two mediocre G-rev games, one good Moss title & the amazing yet over-ported Ketsui, all of these games are expensive now. Doubt they printed all that many.

 

Magus - What is this doing here you ask? Well I looked it up on a whim and could barely find two copies that were actually for sale. Said copies were only $20-30 but I could only find two. Maybe I was looking in the wrong places but out of all the games pictured many of which command high prices, fucking Magus was the most scarce as of today. 

 

I did notice the thread seems to ask about the one rarest but honestly I have no idea. It's one of these games for sure. I would have said the English Aquanauts Holiday but the apparent scarcity of Magus was quite the surprise. It's a moot point in the end since selling stuff is an impulse I rarely if ever have so all these games are probably just going to keep degrading in their respective piles indefinitely. 

That's an awesome collection!

I used to have Initial D as well (picked it up in Japan) but I had to sell it unfortunately. I went looking all over for a copy of Wangan Midnight but could never find one :( Now that I think about it, I do have a Japanese copy of Catherine that was sealed when I purchased it. I dunno if that's rare but your collection definitely makes me jealous!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have that many PS3 games, I only get exclusives I care about...

But my rarest are probably Siren: Blood Curse and 1st print of Demon's Souls.

I'm pretty sure the rest is standard, nothing special.

ZWvd65LKhruJ_NbHdrEK3udHSOSRsVj0EJ2WnpyfzMw99jynERivQU5d4pkbjOOsvumUfQjBRjDg3K6caiWJrsjaD8wac3wBNQ7HN13vOYGr7o6UHKMmyqlDBqzW_gV4dW3VOl_AeuEVRTZCEM-XOFTClZx5ALH9TtjzdFlD6mzO3al99ioX-NRV801T4qlES68VpUwZrxNEOhu75VkGtQvsBWFWnUG2hm6CvDahxhpfFVFg7o9jlQe1XqELiYVSHX89Bf6epA9RpdxS8mJ6yg_-W8anHJoujn1EdWn3LlYRE6V5Y1pWxtZS4h99luPFnIQP0kMGHmm5PCrGBzzpxSh3qeMaymcZOSw1hyzLJY0uII200vbDbcD_OWaS2w44FAuwYfGcNU5m0h-5xilItULOSvDLmDVviai-iwZ3NMm6QKpSj37_AWbyOHEpykrdbgsSX1plTq-FyORM5iaJM23kEdcCLPGRir76_fC9Oqg7wIseZTl-Qs6m98ZnMNWKT05VY5IdSpmiphgT3Qf_auTiM2m2RzByvvu8cWRSsWNtArIwjhr-Q9d3isEXxsT8r9mcU2VL7jpBG1JCtOlebyNgYSBMTV2eCAV0KBkyknWM4qXUnSo1XQrhkH4LgtlEbZwjjUlnGFw4Bh8fy_JYMO9u7ALyY7u2z8MjoC2vIIWutFEsFrDhSiHX-g4N4A=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0

 

Yeah, I have 2 Demon's Souls and haven't played it even once yet.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

XDGQaMR.jpg

 

I saw this thread & it made me wonder so I raided the ps3 piles and grabbed a selection out for a happy snap. Looked up a bunch of games to see what the asking prices are and how many copies are for sale. Some things surprised me. May as well talk about the games in the picture.

 

Class of Heroes 2G - Early limited game sold from the publisher before a ton of companies popped up to do the same. My copy is sealed but the cover is totally fucked & crinkled or whatever that's called when the paper warps. It arrived like that.

 

Railfan & Railfan Taiwan - Trophyless games that play real life footage of the train lines with the usual precise-stopping game play found in train games. Even when I got these not that long after release there weren't a ton of copies around & the games have never been cheap.

 

Vampire Resurrection & Dungeons & Dragons - I noticed these are pretty expensive now, dunno how 'rare' they are though.

 

Megazone 23 & Imabikisou - Early trophyless VN imports. Didn't see many copies for sale now.

 

Boku no Natsuyasumi 3 - Early import, this got quite expensive as well. It's a bloody beautiful game though.

 

Aquanauts Holiday (english) & Afrika (US) - Serious business here! Two of my favourite ps3 games for sure. Copies don't pop up that often and the asking price is almost always pretty extortionate. Got both plats but love the games so much I'll never get rid of them!!

 

Demons Souls (AS) - When this version was released it went on back order right away & I had to wait a month and pay $120 for the privilege of playing this early & in English but it was well worth it & ended up being my second ever plat. 

 

River City Sports (AS) - This boxed english version of downtown nekketsu blah blah fuckingwhatever came quite late in the game and I doubt they made too many copies. There aren't a whole lot going around atm that's for sure.

 

Initial D & Wangan Midnight - Might be pushing it with these (didn't even include Wangan in the pic) but I don't see anyone ever talk about them anywhere & I reckon they were great fun. 

 

Red Seeds Profile - Doesn't matter if it's the Japanese, AS or the Korean version I have, this early Deadly Premonition release has never been all that cheap or abundant. 

 

Toro: Let's Party (English) - Early import which is a horrible compilation of SHIT mini games many of which use CRAP gyro or motion controls. English version doesn't pop up as much as the Japanese version. Price is pretty high for such a bad game as well.

 

Shmups - Despite the fact the tiny ps3 shmup library is comprised of two mediocre G-rev games, one good Moss title & the amazing yet over-ported Ketsui, all of these games are expensive now. Doubt they printed all that many.

 

Magus - What is this doing here you ask? Well I looked it up on a whim and could barely find two copies that were actually for sale. Said copies were only $20-30 but I could only find two. Maybe I was looking in the wrong places but out of all the games pictured many of which command high prices, fucking Magus was the most scarce as of today. 

 

I did notice the thread seems to ask about the one rarest but honestly I have no idea. It's one of these games for sure. I would have said the English Aquanauts Holiday but the apparent scarcity of Magus was quite the surprise. It's a moot point in the end since selling stuff is an impulse I rarely if ever have so all these games are probably just going to keep degrading in their respective piles indefinitely. 

lol I saw Initial D and got excited

Lucky.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

I don't have that many PS3 games, I only get exclusives I care about...

But my rarest are probably Siren: Blood Curse and 1st print of Demon's Souls.

I'm pretty sure the rest is standard, nothing special.

ZWvd65LKhruJ_NbHdrEK3udHSOSRsVj0EJ2WnpyfzMw99jynERivQU5d4pkbjOOsvumUfQjBRjDg3K6caiWJrsjaD8wac3wBNQ7HN13vOYGr7o6UHKMmyqlDBqzW_gV4dW3VOl_AeuEVRTZCEM-XOFTClZx5ALH9TtjzdFlD6mzO3al99ioX-NRV801T4qlES68VpUwZrxNEOhu75VkGtQvsBWFWnUG2hm6CvDahxhpfFVFg7o9jlQe1XqELiYVSHX89Bf6epA9RpdxS8mJ6yg_-W8anHJoujn1EdWn3LlYRE6V5Y1pWxtZS4h99luPFnIQP0kMGHmm5PCrGBzzpxSh3qeMaymcZOSw1hyzLJY0uII200vbDbcD_OWaS2w44FAuwYfGcNU5m0h-5xilItULOSvDLmDVviai-iwZ3NMm6QKpSj37_AWbyOHEpykrdbgsSX1plTq-FyORM5iaJM23kEdcCLPGRir76_fC9Oqg7wIseZTl-Qs6m98ZnMNWKT05VY5IdSpmiphgT3Qf_auTiM2m2RzByvvu8cWRSsWNtArIwjhr-Q9d3isEXxsT8r9mcU2VL7jpBG1JCtOlebyNgYSBMTV2eCAV0KBkyknWM4qXUnSo1XQrhkH4LgtlEbZwjjUlnGFw4Bh8fy_JYMO9u7ALyY7u2z8MjoC2vIIWutFEsFrDhSiHX-g4N4A=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0

 

Yeah, I have 2 Demon's Souls and haven't played it even once yet.

The Sly Collection is pretty rare here....sells for $120AUD

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, xABathingApe said:

The Sly Collection is pretty rare here....sells for $120AUD

Hmm interesting.

There seem to be some price differences also between EU and US versions of both Sly and R&C Collections...

I always see EU versions cost a lot more for some reason.

 

I bought mine directly from Amazon brand new for pretty cheap, $120 AUD seem pretty nuts lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Folklore which is pretty rare now I guess since it was a early ps3 game. I wish I could find El Shaddai around here, it looked like a interesting game.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine is probably Marvel vs Capcom Origins. You literally can't get it anymore and not many people bought it when it was available. That or .hack//Versus.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, xh117 said:

I have Folklore which is pretty rare now I guess since it was a early ps3 game. I wish I could find El Shaddai around here, it looked like a interesting game.

It is quite a fun / interesting game, I didn't realize it had bump up in price, though I guess that makes sense since it's not available digitally on PSN and stocks of it have been depleted from chain used game stores. That IGN reviewer was an idiot.

Edited by Guardian_owl
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

Hmm interesting.

There seem to be some price differences also between EU and US versions of both Sly and R&C Collections...

I always see EU versions cost a lot more for some reason.

 

I bought mine directly from Amazon brand new for pretty cheap, $120 AUD seem pretty nuts lol

And that's for a copy that hasn't even been looked after. Most of the HD collection games are waaaaay over priced

46 minutes ago, luis4u said:

Not sure is cancelled games count nba elite 11. Also ncaa-football-14

How is NBA Elite 11? I have always been interested in it as I'm a huge NBA Fan

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xABathingApe said:

And that's for a copy that hasn't even been looked after. Most of the HD collection games are waaaaay over priced

How is NBA Elite 11? I have always been interested in it as I'm a huge NBA Fan

 

Sadly i only played the demo. Which was really bad no idea on the full game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

XDGQaMR.jpg

 

 

Wow, I didn't know there was an Initial D game on PS3. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that award belongs to 2 games in my collection: 1.- Bayonetta (good luck finding it, specially here in Mexico). I had to resort to weekend informal places and found this relic in like 16 dollars. 2.- El-Shaddai. Even if i don't have it in an original box, i got it in a Facebook trade for 80 pesos (4 dollars).

Edited by Vampirehunter145
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Demons Souls Black Phantom Edition & Nier. 

 

There was a time before the Yakuza remastered trilogy came out that Yakuza 3 was worth £40/50. Not anymore :/

 

Also got Yakuza Dead Souls which isn't common these days.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it’s rare but my most uncommon PS3 game at least would be the PixelJunk 3 in 1 Pack. 😁


BCAS20070.jpg

Edited by VeldinX
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure but I think a copy of Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty might qualify. Its not a full length game so was a discounted game at its release, but ebay has copies going for $110 min for the Australian release version

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

Not sure but I think a copy of Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty might qualify. Its not a full length game so was a discounted game at its release, but ebay has copies going for $110 min for the Australian release version

We unfortunately always have to pay an arm and a leg for games :( Especially great old ones

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xABathingApe said:

We unfortunately always have to pay an arm and a leg for games :( Especially great old ones

 

Sad but true 😒 I think I remember paying $30-$35 for this game back in the day

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got into the PS3 at the end of it's cycle so I missed a lot of games. But I'd say either BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition or The Saboteur.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bleach Soul Resurreción:

I got this brand new at a Fry’s Electronics for $20. Now apparently eBay and Amazon are selling it for $150.


71XmJJpg+YL.jpg

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what the rarest PS3 game I own is. Probably Aquanaut's Holiday.

 

I also have a physical copy of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath for PS3 if that counts. Also have the collector's edition of Dark Souls 2, no idea if that's worth anything nowadays (also have that limited launch edition of the first Dark Souls).

 

Also have El Shaddai, but that isn't really rare here (UK). It's not exactly "common" or dirt cheap either, but I still see pre-owned copies going for like £20. 3D Dot Game Heroes on the other hand, is a little rare and pricey here, has been for years.

 

I know I have a few games that I had no idea had gotten so rare/expensive until years later, I don't really tend to look up games I already own to see what they're going for nowadays. I don't think I really own anything super valuable/rare for PS3 though, at least not as far as I'm aware. Most of my "rarest" PS3 games are only worth about £30-40 max I think (sans Aquanaut's Holiday), last I checked (dunno about any of the collector's editions though). I have a handful of games for other systems worth £50-100+ though. Think my rarest game I own for a more recent console is the physical edition of Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime for the Switch.

Edited by SuperSmexy500
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

Define when you classify a game as rare?

 

I'd say a combo of being difficult to find/limited release/cost being higher than standard games. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.