Satisfying and faithful gaming experience

TaigaSupaWingz

I just finished the main story of Fairy Tail... And for someone who solidly enjoyed the Anime and all the story arcs as well as character development that came along with the show. Overall, I really enjoyed the game. This does not mean to sound like a review, but I'd just like to ask others about their opinions. The story was condensed well enough to reflect on the later seasons of the Anime. Loading was decent and far shorter length compared to other RPGs. Personally I enjoyed the moves and gameplay, despite the repetitive quests to complete. For a smaller budget title, I think so don't quote me on it, this is a pretty decent game to play. 

What does everyone else think? 

• Like 2

6/10 as a Hardcore Gust and Fairy Tail fan
4/10 as normal Gamer

I am already through the game (1 trophy left for Plat).

The fighting was pretty fun, but aside from that the developers did not do a good job.
Some characters do not even have bond dialogues and the story cuts are pretty heavy.
The

Spoiler

Tatarus

arc was indeed good but the rest was meh.

• Like 2

Do not get me wrong, I certainly had fun with it (I am Fairy Tail fan after all). but the developers left a lot of potential on the way. I have a lot of Gust / Tecmo  games (Atelier Series etc) and there they did a much better job. This one feels unpolished and unbalancend and has a few glitches.
Here are my main reasons for thinking that :

1.Difficulty is a joke ( even on hard this game is a cakewalk ) 

2. Some characters are not worked out ( missing bond dialogues , less variety in skill set ,missing/unbalanced synergy effects , inconsequent  relations to other characters )

3. Glitches and bugs on 1.03 ( monster stuck in environment , in the castle the fight screen stays black , crashes )

4 very limited areas to visit, a lot of which are unlocked after you finished the game.
5. Stats hardcap makes buffs useless in the endgame

• Like 2

Good points all around mate. I did realize after playing the final side epilogue side quest series, they padded out a bunch on reused contents... AKA final bosses. But overall, I did sense some love and care and details for the game. If anything I look forward to the next game in the series, if there will be one, and hope they can improve upon and perfect the game for maybe the next gen. There is def a lot of potential. 

I agree with you king. I found the last questline to be kind of repetitive and not imaginative, basically sponge enemies. But I like a lot of the attention to details, like the moves and the story is pretty on par with the Anime story line. Looking forward to a potential future entry. 

• Like 1

hmmm.. I'd say.. I will give it 5/10...

I wished they just adapted until the Grand Magic Arc - Tartaros Arc deserved better. The adaptation is kinda nice for fans of the series but I kinda find it not friendly on newcomers - did they even bother explaining who is Asuka and Deliora?

The gameplay. Well, as soon as I have seen the trailer I knew it will be repetitive. And yep, I was right. And don't start me with those never ending requests :rolleyes:

Overall, nice anime game. Not the best one but not that bad - at least I have a Fairy Tail plat and Juvia avatar now :dunno:

• Like 1

On 8.8.2020 at 8:43 AM, sanctusLight said:

Do not get me wrong, I certainly had fun with it (I am Fairy Tail fan after all). but the developers left a lot of potential on the way. I have a lot of Gust / Tecmo  games (Atelier Series etc) and there they did a much better job. This one feels unpolished and unbalancend and has a few glitches.
Here are my main reasons for thinking that :

1.Difficulty is a joke ( even on hard this game is a cakewalk ) 

2. Some characters are not worked out ( missing bond dialogues , less variety in skill set ,missing/unbalanced synergy effects , inconsequent  relations to other characters )

3. Glitches and bugs on 1.03 ( monster stuck in environment , in the castle the fight screen stays black , crashes )

4 very limited areas to visit, a lot of which are unlocked after you finished the game.

Finished my journey with 51 hours played. For critics look them up here ☝️

Enjoyed most of them. Would say the last ten hours of grinding were a bit lame. It was basically just spamming chains and work on the A and S requests. Did all other requests before the endgame

Overall i've had a great time with the game. As a fan of the series i've always wanted a Fairy Tail game. I like turn based games so no complainment here. Do i need another one ... i don't think so.

Would rate this 70/100.

Next up maybe the Tsubasa one ... 

• Like 2

On 8/8/2020 at 1:43 AM, sanctusLight said:

Any additional Stat lacrima is useless if you reach 999, but Wendy's str,def,spd up buffs aren't. There was definitely a noticeable damage increase after she uses that spell. On a particular post end game boss with base 999 stats, Lucy's Celestial King summon did 8k. After Ichiya virus it did 35k. After Wendy did her buff spell, it did 60k. 

• 2 months later...

Does this game have really bad HDR implementation? When game goes into HDR mode the color is all dulled and washed out, compare to no HDR (bright and super vibrant colors). All my other HDR games are fine. I am on base PS4

So far enjoying the game, but have to play with no HDR to be satisfying. ?

• 11 months later...