Hitman PSVR announced

Raveniteh

Hitman season 1 to 3 PSVR support announced during State of Play last night.

Which makes me extremely happy. I am big fan of both Hitman franchise and PSVR. I hope they will do a proper transition and not just shoehorn the mode in. I just wonder if it's going to be free addition for owners or separate purchase - I don't mind either, I'd probably pay for it again. 

Now I am sure that the world is not going to look as pretty as on PS4/Pro because graphics are just not there yet, unfortunately, but maybe they will on PS5, but still, experiencing it from first person with 'my own hands'? Heck yeah.

On 8/19/2020 at 6:46 AM, Mr-Photo said:

Devs did a AMA on reddit, and they confirmed that this game will be DS4 only, no Moves... that's unfortunate!

That is missed opportunity if I ever saw one.

Edited by Raveniteh
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Raveniteh said:

That is missed opportunity if I ever saw one. Would you be so kind and posted link to reddit AMA so anyone could take a look at those questions?

I agree.

Why have VR if I can't use motion control to stab people? I want the full assassination experience :shakefist:

33 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

I agree.

Why have VR if I can't use motion control to stab people? I want the full assassination experience :shakefist:

LMAO, right? I was so looking forward to garroting people with Move controllers. I wonder why they chose to not go with Moves. Plenty games did manage to retrofit flat game to moves and made it work. But I get that IOI is technically an indie studio with limited budget now. 

Here's a link to previously mentioned Reddit AMA from IOI about Hitman VR. 

Edited by Raveniteh
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Raveniteh said:

LMAO, right? I was so looking forward to garroting people with Move controllers. I wonder why they chose to not go with Moves. Plenty games did manage to retrofit flat game to moves and made it work. But I get that IOI is technically an indie studio with limited budget now. 

I'd say the main 2 reasons are that not everyone has the move controllers but I think the biggest reason is movement. The move controllers don't really had a D-Pad to move (which I find kinda dumb) so you instead have to use the buttons which are in weird spots that don't exactly represent the direction you're trying to go. I hope that when the PS5 comes out they also release an updated Move controller with a proper D-Pad so devs aren't forced to make teleportation the move way for movement since not one really wants to use weirdly placed buttons to move.

8 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

I'd say the main 2 reasons are that not everyone has the move controllers but I think the biggest reason is movement. The move controllers don't really had a D-Pad to move (which I find kinda dumb) so you instead have to use the buttons which are in weird spots that don't exactly represent the direction you're trying to go. I hope that when the PS5 comes out they also release an updated Move controller with a proper D-Pad so devs aren't forced to make teleportation the move way for movement since not one really wants to use weirdly placed buttons to move.

Aren't there games that use both the controller and move controller or am I making that up? 

tbh, the only thing I want the motion controls is for stabbing people and other close-quarters assassination. I wouldn't mind using the DS4 and just having the option to use motion controls when I'm ready to strike. :ninja:

1 hour ago, ObsiEez said:

I understand where's that coming from. To be fair I think the movement itself might be the biggest downside of current PSVR (alongside low drawing distance), I would love if there would be a stick like it is with the other Move controller on PS3 (but that one does not have motion tracking, sadly). I have seen some prototypes for new PSVR controller and it looks promising, I think they will do their best to make it a proper upgrade. 

58 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Aren't there games that use both the controller and move controller or am I making that up? 

Yeah, there are games like that. Several games do let you use either controller or moves. Or do you mean at the same time? 

2 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

tbh, the only thing I want the motion controls is for stabbing people and other close-quarters assassination. I wouldn't mind using the DS4 and just having the option to use motion controls when I'm ready to strike. :ninja:

Yeah there are games that do that if you're referring to picking between either or (Doom VFR for example).

1 hour ago, Raveniteh said:

I understand where's that coming from. To be fair I think the movement itself might be the biggest downside of current PSVR (alongside low drawing distance), I would love if there would be a stick like it is with the other Move controller on PS3 (but that one does not have motion tracking, sadly). I have seen some prototypes for new PSVR controller and it looks promising, I think they will do their best to make it a proper upgrade. 

I agree other than the fact I think the biggest downside is the light tracking, especially when you're using the move controllers. There are some times I, say try to aim a gun accurately and either the balls on the move controllers overlap or the move controller overlaps with the headset and it starts losing track of one of the move controllers and starts drifting or gets locked up. But yes I agree that the prototype concept designs I've seen look extremely promising as my least favorite thing in a VR game is using teleportation as my only form of movement as I personally feel like it breaks the immersion of the game. Same with having to hold the bumper and then swing your arm backwards as if you're pulling yourself forward. The current design of the move controllers just doesn't fit very well for movement besides teleportation & if they were to fix that I think I'd get into a lot more VR games 

1 minute ago, ObsiEez said:

I agree other than the fact I think the biggest downside is the light tracking, especially when you're using the move controllers.

Oh yeah that's another downside of outside-in controller tracking, I was kinda hoping that PSVR2 would have inside-out tracking but seeing PS5 camera makes me think that they wont go with it, but we will see. It does happen to me here and there as well - Beat Saber used to drift quite a bit but they managed to fix and reduce that issue. And Gun Club VR with two hand weapons drift as heck, but putting camera on more elevated place did help me to some extent. 

12 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

Yeah there are games that do that if you're referring to picking between either or (Doom VFR for example).

I agree other than the fact I think the biggest downside is the light tracking, especially when you're using the move controllers. There are some times I, say try to aim a gun accurately and either the balls on the move controllers overlap or the move controller overlaps with the headset and it starts losing track of one of the move controllers and starts drifting or gets locked up. But yes I agree that the prototype concept designs I've seen look extremely promising as my least favorite thing in a VR game is using teleportation as my only form of movement as I personally feel like it breaks the immersion of the game. Same with having to hold the bumper and then swing your arm backwards as if you're pulling yourself forward. The current design of the move controllers just doesn't fit very well for movement besides teleportation & if they were to fix that I think I'd get into a lot more VR games 

I think I'm thinking of a PS3 move game because PS3 had an additional joystick that had an analog stick on it you could buy. In the game, you used your controller to move (or the analog stick controller) and used the motion controller in your other hand to swing. 

Hitman 3 will be out January 20 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Stadia and PC via Epic Games Store, IO Interactive announced today. It’ll also let players upgrade digital copies of the game to their next-gen versions for free.

Just couple months to go! 

I hope VR won't have a separate Trophy List. I did Skyrim VR and while it had a wow effect at the beginning, you really noticed over time that the game initially wasn't designed for VR. It got really annoying the longer you played it. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Hitman will be the same. Just make it an optional game mode that you can use if you feel like it. But throwing in the full trophy set as a VR stack with 100% challenges on each mission would be a true annoyance for the series completionist in me. 

10 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

I did Skyrim VR and while it had a wow effect at the beginning, you really noticed over time that the game initially wasn't designed for VR. It got really annoying the longer you played it. 

Funny you should mention this - I completely agree. It feels good at first but then the experience starts to deteriorate a bit. Especially with how bad the drawing distance is and VR retrofit seems to have some issues with menus and some other things. Does not help that I'm trying to complete my Skyrim VR run without fast travel as a means for more immersion. 

Let's hope IOI puts a bit more work into VR than Bethesday did for Skyrim. But they genuinely seem to enjoy VR options.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raveniteh said:

Funny you should mention this - I completely agree. It feels good at first but then the experience starts to deteriorate a bit. Especially with how bad the drawing distance is and VR retrofit seems to have some issues with menus and some other things. Does not help that I'm trying to complete my Skyrim VR run without fast travel as a means for more immersion. 

Let's hope IOI puts a bit more work into VR than Bethesday did for Skyrim. But they genuinely seem to enjoy VR options.

I actually ended up putting the headset on my knees for a good amount of time time and play it watching my normal screen lol

• 1 month later...