Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League

On 8/7/2020 at 5:41 PM, MarcusPunisher said:

So what? Is this some kind of Suicide Squad game?

I see what you did there.

On 8/7/2020 at 10:24 PM, HellcoreFire said:

I thought I was the only one, lol.

I liked it as well to some extent and liked it way more after second viewing and after reading plethora of Suicide Squad comic books.

On 8/8/2020 at 6:55 AM, Red-River13 said:

I'm looking forward to getting tons of lootboxes so I can change the color of my nose hairs.

Pink King Shark skin or GTFO.

on a side note, if it's a GaaS, I'm gonna gas.

Edited by Raveniteh

• 2 weeks later...

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League First Trailer, 2022 Release

Unclear if you can choose NOT to kill the Justice League.

Rocksteady Studios' Batman: Arkham series followup returns the developer to the world of DC Comics, and now we actually know about what Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League entails. Beyond the obvious, given its title and all. Suicide Squad has a 2022 release window.

Revealed during the game's DC FanDome panel, the first trailer revealed the Suicide Squad roster which includes Harley Quinn, Captain Boomerang, Deadshot, and Kingshark. As the name implies and as revealed in the first trailer, Superman has become evil (or something) and the Suicide Squad is tasked with killing the Justice League.

The plot of Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League follows closely to the plot of the Suicide Squad comic books. The DC Universe's notorious villains are contracted by the government to form Task Force X and carry out clandestine missions in exchange for a full pardon.

In this case, the villains get an extra benefit of killing the Justice League who probably is the reason. Plus, as suggested Brainiac is involved as a reason for why the Justice League is suddenly baddies.

Rocksteady appeared during the stream to share some additional details, including the gameplay which will include Rocksteady's "Superhero, supervillain empowerment" from the Arkham games plus gunplay as these villains are more, well, armed.

Set in an open-world Metropolis, each character "has their own unique moveset with enhanced traversal abilities to freely explore the dynamic open-world of Metropolis, along with a variety of weapons to customize and skills to master."

Suicide Squad will also be a 1 to 4 player experience. Rocksteady says it'll be completely playable in single-player, with bots filling in the role of other three characters. Or load in with three friends as a full, four-player squad.

Furthermore, players will be able to jump in at any time. So, start a game in single-player, have 1 or 2 friends join, maybe a friend leaves, it's all up to you.

Rocksteady teased Suicide Squad with a mysterious image featuring an oddly purple Superman with the Suicide Squad crosshairs over his face, and we speculated on what that teaser and the game's name could mean for Suicide Squad's story and inclusion of DC's biggest characters.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is slated for release on PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC. So next-gen consoles only.

https://www.ign.com/articles/suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-league-first-trailer-2022-release

- Third-person shooter

- Character-drive storytelling

- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is a direct continuation of the Arkhamverse

- Playable character are Harley Quinn, King Shark, Deadshot and Captain Boomerang

- Each have a variety of weapons to customize and skills to upgrade

- "Awesome" gunplay, superhuman empowerment, each character has a rich moveset and more than Batman

- Richly detailed and dynamic open-world of Metropolis, everyone has their own traversal abilities

- Metropolis is the fifth character in the game, give it life beyond brick and mortar

- Can be played solo or 1-4 co-op

- If playing solo, bots will replace the other 3 teammates, can also switch between the characters at will if playing solo

Well, another co-op game:/

Edited by ziggypossum
UPD
  • Like 1

I think it looks promising. I trust Rocksteady I think they're super talented and I've enjoyed all there games up to this point. I really like the tone and style. Very different from the Arkham games and actually kind of reminded me of insomniac a bit. Very colorful and vibrant with lots of charm and action. Should be a fun game

53 minutes ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

i for one am very excited. Rocksteady has a great track record and I really like the tone of that trailer.

For perspective. This general forum also shat on Fall Guys when it was announced for PS+ with some of the same generic complaints. 

Talking crap online is easy and as of late pales in comparison to most games sales and playerbase. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ASMODAIOS344 said:

This cannot be set in the Arkhamverse. I smell a retcon.

1) Harley Quinn model it's totally different

2) Deadshot is not a sub-saharan african

3)King Shark is dead!!

What is happened?

Welcome to superhero stories, where characters change, get replaced, die and come back to life, all the time.

• Like 3

I'm open minded on this one but it's way too early for me to make a proper opinion or say it's a day 1 buy. All we have to go on right now is a cinematic and some points from a press release. It's roughly 2 years away so hopefully they will give us a steady trickle of gameplay glimpses. Psyched that we're finally seeing more from the Suicide Squad IP either way though :)

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1

I really can't say what I feel about this yet...cinematic trailers only go so far for me, I need to see the actual game. But why all of our damn Superhero games are going GaaS, is beyond me. It only makes me appreciate Spider-Man that much more. However, I've enjoyed the Avengers beta, it's just hard for me to support it past the base platform they give us, and frankly with GaaS, if you aren't there for all the changes you apparently miss out on a lot if you end up being a late adopter. 

I just want good single player superhero games. More Spider-Man...less trying to rape my wallet.

Edited by Viper