Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League

David Haddad, president of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment, revealed that the publisher plans to move everything to games as a service

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/warner-bros-follows-ubisofts-example-will-move-everything-to-games-as-a-service/amp/

Bye-bye

• Like 1

I am really optimistic about this game. Sure it might turn out GaaS and it probably will but this issue aside it could be really fun to play with mates. Selection of villains do make up for nice ingame banter so I hope they incorporate that to it's full potential. I am just going to patiently wait for some gameplay showcase in like one year as they could've honestly wait with announcing this game for a long long time. That aside I already called dibs on Harley.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

This looks so weird.

The whole idea being sold on Suicide Squad being able to take down the Justice League is weird, especially with this cast. The designs look ugly, Harley particularly looks weird. They didn't fix the continuity issue with Deadshot and there is not much else to talk gameplay wise, since this is yet another cinematic trailer. Maybe it will look good when some gameplay footage is shown, but I'm not at all sold and I like Suicide Squad. 

2 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Pretty sure this is its own continuity independent from all other media.

This. It's more comic book focused rather than having anything to do with the movies. 

I will agree though that this game needs to figure out a unique way for us to be able to defeat the Justice League. Superman alone would body everybody on this team, much less The Flash and Green Lantern too. If I had to wager any kind of a guess, it has nothing to do with taking them down directly, instead we'll have to defeat Brainiac, and that'll cause a hive-mind shut down of whatever it is he did to control them. 

I'm interested in this on paper, but you're not selling me on a cinematic trailer. I need gameplay. Also wasn't this said to be a live service game? If that's the case, then it knocks it down a couple pegs for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

It's tied into the Arkhamverse. Deadshot was white in Origins & City but here he's black. King Shark died in that tie-in movie too but I guess Rocksteady didn't count that as cannon. The skin colour is obviously not an actual issue.

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

This. It's more comic book focused rather than having anything to do with the movies. 

It's tied directly into the Arkhamverse.

11 minutes ago, Viper said:

Also wasn't this said to be a live service game?

I don't think this nor Gotham Knights are live service despite initial assumptions that they would be.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Basically what the person above me said. It is suppose to follow the Arkham continuity

4 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

It's tied into the Arkhamverse. Deadshot was white in Origins & City but here he's black. King Shark died in that tie-in movie too but I guess Rocksteady didn't count that as cannon. The skin colour is obviously not an actual issue.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot that King Shark died in Assault on Arkham. 

11 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Hero and villain names are all monikers that can loosely be applied to any number of characters. How many Green Lanterns, Flashes, Supermen, Batmen, Spider-Men, Wolverines, etc. have we had all being active at the same time?

Deadshot could easily just be a different person using the title. Maybe the backstory could be he was trained by or killed the old Deadshot, maybe both.

The movie could easily be retconned out, not to mention the two shark characters look completely different. So also back to the moniker thing I said.

I'm more curious who the mystery character in the trailer was.

1:03 if anyone is curious. That could be Dianna right before they have to confront her or maybe someone that joins them.

For some reason I was thinking Gotham Knights was the Rocksteady game, I forgot it was this one. Gotham Knights has more of a Rocksteady vibe to me. But even then, maybe the original plan was for this to follow the Arkhamverse very closely and Rocksteady had a change of heart creatively. Otherwise they're definitely going to have to give people an explanation about continuity errors if that's the case...it's just going to bug the shit out of people otherwise. 

On 2021-10-17 at 7:12 AM, mcnichoj said:

Hero and villain names are all monikers that can loosely be applied to any number of characters. How many Green Lanterns, Flashes, Supermen, Batmen, Spider-Men, Wolverines, etc. have we had all being active at the same time?

Deadshot could easily just be a different person using the title. Maybe the backstory could be he was trained by or killed the old Deadshot, maybe both.

The movie could easily be retconned out, not to mention the two shark characters look completely different. So also back to the moniker thing I said.

I'm more curious who the mystery character in the trailer was.

1:03 if anyone is curious. That could be Dianna right before they have to confront her or maybe someone that joins them.

Yeah, they definitely retconned the movie.

That's also what they did with Deadshot. Said the one in City was just an impostor. Which I think is a beyond flimsy argument. Multiple Flash's, Green Lanterns, etc have all been established prior. Usually through multiverses. If they would've established it a decade ago it would've been different.

• 1 month later...

I just read over the Wiki page for the Arkhamverse and everything about this game, Gotham Knights, and Rocksteady is complete swill. The links are a roundabout of rumor and made up positions.  

I am excited for this game because of how wrong the insiders were to this day about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Yeah, probably gonna be overhyped, yet underdeliver.

I wouldn't even call it overhyped. For a Rocksteady game most people seem rather underwhelmed already. I think maybe it was a strange approach for them to go with Suicide Squad...a lot of us were hoping for them to try and tackle Superman or The Flash, basically to show people they can achieve the impossible by giving us an amazing game on characters the industry deems impossible to make good games for. But Suicide Squad just wasn't what people were expecting. 

• Like 1

On 02/02/2022 at 1:26 PM, Viper said:

They finally show us a gameplay trailer then delay it until next year. 

Wut?

just like Hogwarts was quietly delayed until 2023 until WB said its coming 2022. Ill believe it when its confirmed by the devs themselves.

Also, Suicide Squad > Flash and Superman

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 4:06 PM, MarcusPunisher said:

This looks so weird.

The whole idea being sold on Suicide Squad being able to take down the Justice League is weird, especially with this cast. The designs look ugly, Harley particularly looks weird. They didn't fix the continuity issue with Deadshot and there is not much else to talk gameplay wise, since this is yet another cinematic trailer. Maybe it will look good when some gameplay footage is shown, but I'm not at all sold and I like Suicide Squad. 

There’s no continuity issue, It was already previous revealed in a trailer that this is the real Deadshot and he killed the guy that took his identity, which was the Deadshot from the previous Arkham games. I disagree with character designs being ugly, ever wonder if it’s just a lack of taste? It’s Rocksteady, if that itself didn’t sell you on it, I don’t know what will.

I’m looking forward to it.