I'm getting my ps4 pretty much for free

big_bob002

Thought I would throw this out there. Gamestop has been doing all kinds of promotions lately with the +50% trade in. I traded in a good amount of my ps3 backlog that I know I won't get to (kept 10 games so it was just the least desired games). Got $107 credit for my PSP and 11 games. I'm currently up to $318 in credit and will finish and trade in enough to make up most of the difference.

I know most people don't like trading in old games, but I figured I would throw this out in case people might want to look into it. Make sure to upgrade to the plus membership and watch the website for when they offer good trade deals.

Thought I would throw this out there. Gamestop has been doing all kinds of promotions lately with the +50% trade in. I traded in a good amount of my ps3 backlog that I know I won't get to (kept 10 games so it was just the least desired games). Got $107 credit for my PSP and 11 games. I'm currently up to $318 in credit and will finish and trade in enough to make up most of the difference.

I know most people don't like trading in old games, but I figured I would throw this out in case people might want to look into it. Make sure to upgrade to the plus membership and watch the website for when they offer good trade deals.

Although I wouldn't call it free (look at all you've sacrificed!) it's exactly the same way that I've "upgraded" over the last couple of generations.  I'd love to have kept all those old systems, but the good lady would have my balls as earrings.

This time around though, I'll be keeping the PS3 as a backup Blu-ray / netflix / media box when I eventually upgrade to PS4.

• Like 4

... I'd love to have kept all those old systems, but the good lady would have my balls as earrings.

You mean that she doesnt already?

I have always managed to hold on to my old Playstations.

I have an original grey one with 2 controllers and a box of games in the attic - God knows why.

I had no less than 4 PS2 models, 2 of which died and were dumped a few months ago, the third I gave to a brother and the final one I gave to my daughter as a dvd player / singstar device. It was the silver version of the original PS2 and she has had it for 5 years and its still going strong. I was in her house a couple of months back and turned it on - the old start up sounds and the weird square "crystal" formations brought back manys a happy memory.

I have had one PS3. I will hold on to it until I finally get around to making the step to the PS4. When this happens I will give the PS3 to the daughter with a HDD full of games to enjoy. Oh and that damn Singstar thing!

scumbaggamestop.jpg

This, I sold a few games around 2 months ago and using the game(basically uks gamestop) trade in calculator they were going to give me £26 for like 7 games, so I individually listed them on ebay and just black ops 2 alone got me £20 and over £60 for all of them, it may take longer and the trade in option is much easier but the effort easily outweighs the 'robbing' you will get at trading it.

Although I wouldn't call it free (look at all you've sacrificed!) it's exactly the same way that I've "upgraded" over the last couple of generations.  I'd love to have kept all those old systems, but the good lady would have my balls as earrings.

This time around though, I'll be keeping the PS3 as a backup Blu-ray / netflix / media box when I eventually upgrade to PS4.

Precisely.  That's not free at all!  

• Like 1

Well I have had some s***** trade ins too. I think I got $0.75 for Dante's Inferno. I got 2.50 for 4 ps3 games on one trade. I've been surprised a few times too though. Black Ops 2 was mentioned. I got 22 for that +50% got it up to 33. 14 for Phantom Hourglass. Descent trade in for SMT Devil Survivor.

It's not without it's risks. Worst case scenario you go in, figure out which ones are worth trading in, and keep the rest.

To all the people hating on game

Go to their local competitor in your area and get a quote for store credit on your trade ins.

Then go to game and show them what you've been offered.

Game will beat it by £1 if they don't already match it or beat it.

I've been doing this a lot recently and have easily got myself well on my way to a few ps4 games to go with my console...

well yesterday I decided to sort through my games I decided to trade some of my games that were collecting dust under my bed, I checked the trade in prices at cex then took 60 games to local game store they price matched cex and I got £397 for games I would never played again so I paid for my new ps4 with cash left over to go towards a ps4 game!

• Like 1

well yesterday I decided to sort through my games I decided to trade some of my games that were collecting dust under my bed, I checked the trade in prices at cex then took 60 games to local game store they price matched cex and I got £397 for games I would never played again so I paid for my new ps4 with cash left over to go towards a ps4 game!

that's a great bit of trading in! I wish I had that many games but unfortunately not haha, I'm thinking for ps4 I'm going to keep my games instead of trading in so soon after purchase and see how many I accumulate :)