Issues with Anarchy Trophies (PS4 v. 8.0)

Some people experience issues with playing Anarchy mode. I personally could not connect with 3 different people through regular invites. They could not connect to each other. Others, below were able to connect via regular invites.

The only work around that worked for me was the method of using "Play Together" through the party. With PS4 Version 8.0, this option will be removed. This could create issues for certain users that want to get the Anarchy trophies.

Edited by jacob8151996
clarification
  • Like 1

When I did the game I could invite my friend through in-game invites, that won't be affected by the PS4 patch, you are not forced to use any PS4 firmware specific features to play this game online. Not to mention the game has public matchmaking so couldn't you just search at the same time as the people you want to play co-op with to get the online trophies?

Edited by Sergen

I'm not sure when you got the trophies, but when I got the 40,000 team score in one round the in-game invites did not work. They could join the lobby, but would get booted as soon as the match starts. It occurred with three different friends and they even tried hosting as well. The only work-around for this issue is the play together option in the party, which is being removed. 

I'm just trying to warn people that this will become an issue in the future. 

Just now, jacob8151996 said:

I'm not sure when you got the trophies, but when I got the 40,000 team score in one round the in-game invites did not work. They could join the lobby, but would get booted as soon as the match starts. It occurred with three different friends and they even tried hosting as well. The only work-around for this issue is the play together option in the party, which is being removed. 

I'm just trying to warn people that this will become an issue in the future. 

I helped one of my friends with the anarchy trophies on June 30th, 2020. An issue specific to you won't affect everyone, I've done the co-op trophies twice and never had to use the feature that is going to be removed on PSN. The work around in the future if people are having the issue you're having will be to probably 4 player co-op the game and do it through public matchmaking so you can all pair up with each other. All in all, this game probably isn't going to become unobtainable due to PSN firmware updates, so change your thread title because it is scare-mongering and not true.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I helped one of my friends with the anarchy trophies on June 30th, 2020. An issue specific to you won't affect everyone, I've done the co-op trophies twice and never had to use the feature that is going to be removed on PSN. The work around in the future if people are having the issue you're having will be to probably 4 player co-op the game and do it through public matchmaking so you can all pair up with each other. All in all, this game probably isn't going to become unobtainable due to PSN firmware updates, so change your thread title because it is scare-mongering and not true.

This^

I got the online trophies done on the 1.02 or 1.03 patch and whilst the in-game invites were iffy and sometimes failed, I still managed to join my friend after a few attempts.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sergen said:

it is scare-mongering and not true.

That's a bit absurd.

It will affect some people.

I tried it with 3 different friends and they tried it amongst themselves. This was not to set up a 4-player lobby. This was one-on-one. It did not work with any of them and did not work between them. That's multiple cases in which it did not work. Just because it doesn't affect you does not mean that it is not an issue.

There is no need to be rude when I'm simply trying to help people. Have a good day.

18 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

Yeah, i also used the in-game invites to get Anarchy related trophies done, takes a few tries to get a match ready but it works

17 minutes ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

Yeah the play together option is used as a last resort if you and that particular person youre boosting with cant join another way. You could just find another partner to boost with who you can connect to without the play together feature. Please someone close this pointless thread.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

I got the online trophies done on the 1.02 or 1.03 patch and whilst the in-game invites were iffy and sometimes failed, I still managed to join my friend after a few attempts.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll update the thread to be a little more accurate.

Edited by jacob8151996

Just now, jacob8151996 said:

That's a bit absurd.

It will affect some people. People can read the thread and come to their own conclusion as to whether they should prioritize it or not. 

I tried it with 3 different friends and they tried it amongst themselves. This was not to set up a 4-player lobby. This was one-on-one. It did not work with any of them and did not work between them. That's multiple cases in which it did not work. Just because it doesn't affect you does not mean that it is not an issue.

There is no need to be rude when I'm simply trying to help people. Have a good day.

Not only do you put it in the title, you also put it in a sentence during your thread:

34 minutes ago, jacob8151996 said:

This will make the platinum unattainable.

The platinum won't be unobtainable, so you need to change that within your thread. Maybe change it to "online connection could become worse". As I said, because the game has a public matchmaking feature and all trophies are possible to earn through that, you do not need to use invites on the game whatsoever and due to how old the game is now, I would assume that it is dead enough to pair up with your co-op partners through public matchmaking if you were all to search at the same time. How is it absurd for me to say that you are wrong in claiming that this platinum will be unobtainable due to a firmware update when I've explained my own situation with the game and how you could fix it without the need for the play together feature?

• Like 2

On 8/7/2020 at 0:38 PM, Sergen said:

Not only do you put it in the title, you also put it in a sentence during your thread:

The platinum won't be unobtainable, so you need to change that within your thread. Maybe change it to "online connection could become worse". As I said, because the game has a public matchmaking feature and all trophies are possible to earn through that, you do not need to use invites on the game whatsoever and due to how old the game is now, I would assume that it is dead enough to pair up with your co-op partners through public matchmaking if you were all to search at the same time. How is it absurd for me to say that you are wrong in claiming that this platinum will be unobtainable due to a firmware update when I've explained my own situation with the game and how you could fix it without the need for the play together feature?

Dude thanks for your Injustice 1 video xD I'm using it right now.

Now to the matter, I would like to do the online trophies of the game so I can get the plat. I should do a session here with 3 buddys and them we have to launch public match and we should be fine?

Also, how hard and how many time do the online trophies ask?

Thank you very much!

5 minutes ago, NordicSaiyan said:

Dude thanks for your Injustice 1 video xD I'm using it right now.

Now to the matter, I would like to do the online trophies of the game so I can get the plat. I should do a session here with 3 buddys and them we have to launch public match and we should be fine?

Also, how hard and how many time do the online trophies ask?

Thank you very much!

The online on this game is very simple if you have already played the campaign for the game prior to playing anarchy because at least then you will understand how the skill shot system works without someone else holding your hand. The issue the OP of the thread had isn't guaranteed to be an issue for you as it wasn't an issue for myself or anyone else who posted on this thread but the play together feature where you could join your friend through the XMB won't exist when version 8.00 of the PS4 firmware comes out and that was apparently a fix to in-game invites not working. Your last resort if in-game invites don't work for you will be 4 player co-op through public matchmaking, but without issues you can 2 player the co-op. I'd guess the whole online takes about 5 hours for this game, the longest part being simply reaching wave 20 to get 40,000 points in one round for Anarchy Master.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The online on this game is very simple if you have already played the campaign for the game prior to playing anarchy because at least then you will understand how the skill shot system works without someone else holding your hand. The issue the OP of the thread had isn't guaranteed to be an issue for you as it wasn't an issue for myself or anyone else who posted on this thread but the play together feature where you could join your friend through the XMB won't exist when version 8.00 of the PS4 firmware comes out and that was apparently a fix to in-game invites not working. Your last resort if in-game invites don't work for you will be 4 player co-op through public matchmaking, but without issues you can 2 player the co-op. I'd guess the whole online takes about 5 hours for this game, the longest part being simply reaching wave 20 to get 40,000 points in one round for Anarchy Master.

Okidoki well I will try to find someone then, I really liked the game but didn't try to do the 100% cause I read terrible things about the online.

Thank you so much man! Hopes I can find someone

• 1 month later...

Can someone explain to me how I could unlock the Heart Attack trophy before unlocking the Like A Boss trophy? The first miniboss I killed in anarchy mode was with the hot dog cart but the Like A Boss trophy didn’t pop. I had to kill a second miniboss on a different map to get it to pop. Is there any reason for this? I’m afraid I’m going to get in trouble but I didn’t do anything wrong. 

3 hours ago, ZJW44 said:

Can someone explain to me how I could unlock the Heart Attack trophy before unlocking the Like A Boss trophy? The first miniboss I killed in anarchy mode was with the hot dog cart but the Like A Boss trophy didn’t pop. I had to kill a second miniboss on a different map to get it to pop. Is there any reason for this? I’m afraid I’m going to get in trouble but I didn’t do anything wrong. 

Maybe the hotdog cart counts towards that trophy but killing a mini boss with an environmental object doesn't count towards "Like A Boss". Or because the map you used to get the hot dog trophy was originally a DLC map on PS3, DLC mini-bosses don't count towards the "Like A Boss" trophy. Either way, your PS4 saved the screenshots so keep those handy in-case some scumbag decides to scrutinize your list and attempt to flag you even after you've explained this.

7 hours ago, Sergen said:

Maybe the hotdog cart counts towards that trophy but killing a mini boss with an environmental object doesn't count towards "Like A Boss". Or because the map you used to get the hot dog trophy was originally a DLC map on PS3, DLC mini-bosses don't count towards the "Like A Boss" trophy. Either way, your PS4 saved the screenshots so keep those handy in-case some scumbag decides to scrutinize your list and attempt to flag you even after you've explained this.

Thanks I appreciate your response! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I kicked the hot dog cart rather than explode it? I’m not really sure the reason for it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/09/2020 at 3:48 PM, ZJW44 said:

Thanks I appreciate your response! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I kicked the hot dog cart rather than explode it? I’m not really sure the reason for it.

I did the "Heart Attack" trophy today and I kicked the cart onto the mini-boss. So it doesn't matter how you destroy it, but it has to kill that boss in 5th wave. I'm guessing you have to get the skillshot with "Sausage" in its title. I had "Like A Boss" trophy done already so I'm not sure about the disruption.

• 1 month later...

Coming back here to say that the PS5 now has this feature that was removed from PS4 and that this game is backwards compatible on the PS5. People who have this game in their backlog will probably own a PS5 in the future so at least you'd be able to do Bulletstorm's online on there if you have no success on the PS4. 

• Like 1