Custom Club save scumming not working?

stork77

I've done this at least a dozen times, and my Custom clubs turn out the same every time - 16 before the secret upgrade (which I don't bother with, since it won't reach 20).  It's the exact same order every time: 3-3-2-1-1-1-2-1-1-1.  How does this work?  What am I doing wrong?  I've tried different days, doing after tournaments, etc.  The only fix I see for this is wasting my gems to upgrade it, recycle it and grind for/spend another pile of gems and hope it works (though in my brief attempt, the recycled clubs got: 1-1.  No bonuses in the first two upgrades).  Fuck this game!

EDIT: a little research and I found the custom club guide.  So save scumming doesn't work, I guess I just got that impression from how others described it, though I distinctly remember people saying save scumming.  I wish the trophy guide was a little clearer on this, they just say to get at least 20 power which to me implied I had some control over the upgrade, but you don't other than wasting gems to recycle and upgrade all over again.  Got to 19 power, guess I'll have to try and make do with that.  Mods can close/delete this thread.

Edited by stork77

6 hours ago, LMiner_ said:

You should be fine with a 19 power golf, you just need the right conditions. As a matter of fact today the hole on Alpina 12 is perfect to get the 3 condors.

Thanks!  Yes, I tried a little last night even though I didn't have my control up to 15 and no Triple Precision ball.  Had the ball roll really close a few times.  Ah well, at least I got my Albatrosses out of the way.