Archer Trophy Glitch

swordcurry

I have been trying to get the Archer trophy or the trophy where you kill a creeper with arrows. For some reason, it is not registering as me getting it although I have shot and killed many many creepers with arrows. I am trying to 100% the game, this is turning out to be a roadblock for some reason. Please help me.

If you have access to the original disc version, uninstalling the game then reinstalling it but not updating and loading into 1.0 will allow you to get it with no issue. I had the same problem, so had to source a "Playstation 4 Edition" disc, rather than the PSN store's "Bedrock Edition". The trophies for this game post Bedrock were a complete nightmare honestly. ?

There may be some other workarounds, such as switching Editions from the game's main menu but I had the glitch that wouldn't allow me to do that. Hopefully someone else can help if you're unable to use my workaround.

Edited by Xucien
Additions

Same issue bought the digital cause I thought it wud be faster rather then waiting for the game to arrive to my house unfortunately also I can't do the 2 dlc packs that require the old version of Minecraft to play the mini games. Also It's so stupid that Mojang released bedrock edition on ps4 without the servers yet they are on Xbox, its not like its impossible as you can easily use an app from android to connect to some servers minecraft isn't an exlusive game and they took away the mini games in bedrock even tho they knew new trophy hunters wud want to do them so why not take them out or leave the mini games because you literally can't do shit on ps4. Bedrock is so pointless on the ps4 it's crazy and they broke the Archer trophy and still haven't fixed it even  tho it's the biggest trophy people are co playing about in the past few months or even half a year now. Absolutely appalling wrk from Mojang it's a like a 12 year old game that still has bugs and glitches to this day wtf? 

Edited by Citer01
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm playing in Japan's Minecraft and I'm having trouble with the same bug. And I tried to call Microsoft in Japan, but they didn't help me at all. Anyway, all I could do was ask them to tell mojang. I've heard that you can't contact mojang directly from Japan, but if you live in the U.S., you can write to mojang and they may listen to you. Anyway, you can get platinum with this one trophy. If you are in the US, could you please write about this bug on mojang's contact page instead of me?

this is still bugged for me as well. I couldn't get this trophy to pop for months now. I'm so sick of not having the platinum and waiting this long. I've contacted Mojang support about this issue, and they told me that they would look into it and to submit the trophy issue to its bug list. I've done everything I can to try to get this trophy, but it doesn't seem to work at all. I don't have access to the editions option on the main menu that allot of people are talking about, so I guess ill just have to wait until they fix this bug or release a patch for the game that lets it pop automatically just by loading into the game 

I got the trophy by switching editions as others have suggested, but for some unknown reason only certain people have the option while others haven't. For anyone with the digital version, there is a way to download 1.0 games, Google it and you should find a thread here on psnprofiles 

Edited by xDerErnst

4 hours ago, Jcsshh said:

Yooo, thanks for this guna try it now!!

Edit: I got it working, thanks @HuntingFever, iive just started a new world, if I get the trophy I will make a thread so others can also use this method

Second Edit: Okay so the trophy is also bugged on the 1.0 edition of this game (fuck these developers), furthermore when you install the bedrock edition from the old game you still dont have the 'edtions' button which is the only way you can get this or the online trophies 

Edited by Jcsshh

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The PS3 and Vita Versions are no longer supported and didn't get the Bedrock update, thus none of these problems are applicable to them :).

Cool, thanks.  I do want to play Minecraft, but want to 100% it, but also imagine it coming to the PS5, at which point they may redo the trophies, so to speak, but would play it on my Vita anyway...I have some thinking to do.

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The PS3 and Vita Versions are no longer supported and didn't get the Bedrock update, thus none of these problems are applicable to them :).

Actually, does 'not supported' mean the online trophies aren't doable any longer?

8 hours ago, IntroPhenom said:

Cool, thanks.  I do want to play Minecraft, but want to 100% it, but also imagine it coming to the PS5, at which point they may redo the trophies, so to speak, but would play it on my Vita anyway...I have some thinking to do.

Actually, does 'not supported' mean the online trophies aren't doable any longer?

The online trophies are still fully obtainable in the PS3 and Vita versions if you can find some boosting buddies to play with but they're broken as hell in the PS4 release, because of the Editions Button glitch.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...