Are the Battlefield Hardline servers down? (Solved)

CryptoNorge

I was booting the game up for the first time, I go on the multiplayer then I’m met with this message? (You have lost your connection to PSN and thus lost your connection to the EA servers. please check your Ethernet cable.You will be unable to access any online features until you sign in to psn and the ea servers again)

was wondering if any others were having the same issue?

(I have already tried port forwarding)
thanks

Edited by CriptoNorge

Yeah I’m not really sure, maybe it’s a regional thing because I seem to get the same message every time.  (You have lost your connection to PSN and thus lost your connection to the EA servers. please check your Ethernet cable.You will be unable to access any online features until you sign in to psn and the ea servers again) I have tried a wide range of things to port forwarding adjusting setting on my router or disabling the media setting on my ps3 and nothing works. I go on the EA website and all the arrows are red pointing down which says the servers are down. So that’s where I am with that. 

I smashed multiplayer over the last month and had similar issues.. in from Australia so playing on a server in the US / UK or anywhere but Australia is a problem for me and I had that message quite a lot.

When renting a server it was fine apart from the game freezing on me from time to time (mp and story).

Rebooting is the only way I could get around it. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JWill_55 said:

I smashed multiplayer over the last month and had similar issues.. in from Australia so playing on a server in the US / UK or anywhere but Australia is a problem for me and I had that message quite a lot.

When renting a server it was fine apart from the game freezing on me from time to time (mp and story).

Rebooting is the only way I could get around it. 

Yeah I can’t even access the rent a server of battlefield. I’m stuck at the main menu with options story mode, multiplayer, store and so on. The moment I select store or multiplayer I’m met with the same message. I suppose I could try the whole VPN thing they have in the moment but I don’t honestly think it’s worth my time. Games like black ops and far cry all work hassle free. So I presume it’s got something to do with EA’s trash servers. Or maybe they don’t like my internet who knows lol.

4 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Are you having any connection issues in any other EA titles?

haven’t played much else in a while other than this , but to note I even set the DMZ and port forwarding on the PS3 or PS4 and would still get the msg.. I put it down to Australia connectivity , but with you saying this I say it’s a possible EA thing.

I had the rented server error and no error, had to reboot... but I had between 4 and 10 other PlayStation’s connected when that happened so had to boot up one at a time.

** sorry quoted wrong person.. 

Edited by JWill_55
  • Like 1

On 08/08/2020 at 7:42 AM, CriptoNorge said:

I was booting the game up for the first time, I go on the multiplayer then I’m met with this message? (You have lost your connection to PSN and thus lost your connection to the EA servers. please check your Ethernet cable.You will be unable to access any online features until you sign in to psn and the ea servers again)

When I started playing Hardline I got this message too and if it is what I am thinking it don't have nothing to do with your internet. Be sure to create an EA account and link it with your PSN account. This should let you go online.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JWill_55 said:

haven’t played much else in a while other than this , but to note I even set the DMZ and port forwarding on the PS3 or PS4 and would still get the msg.. I put it down to Australia connectivity , but with you saying this I say it’s a possible EA thing.

I had the rented server error and no error, had to reboot... but I had between 4 and 10 other PlayStation’s connected when that happened so had to boot up one at a time.

** sorry quoted wrong person.. 

10 hours ago, Wakayama_PT said:

When I started playing Hardline I got this message too and if it is what I am thinking it don't have nothing to do with your internet. Be sure to create an EA account and link it with your PSN account. This should let you go online.

What Wakayama said is where I was going to lead with if your having issues with connecting to any EA game it may be the issue of lacking an EA account or one not getting properly verified when connecting to the game server. 

Also if your using that many systems at once have you tried only connecting one? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...