This game is breaking my spirit

I thankfully managed to get the MP done a couple years ago with a group from this site. Took a few tries because one of the bonuses for Employee of the Month glitched, but it was done. I did have one of the story related ones glitch out, along with some others (Thankfully, not involving collectibles), so that was friggin fun.

Maybe someday I'll compel myself to go back and finally get the platinum plus the dlc, but there is no rush at the moment.

• Like 3

Getting a decent amount of people to boost helps a lot, there's a bunch of discord servers with people doing this game. I did the mp a few months ago and had no real problem with it.

Also, getting AEOTM before Role Model isn't impossibly ordered, for Role Model you need all the coop bonuses in a single session, while even if you don't get them in one session, they count for AEOTM.

Manhunt can be useful but it's more reccomended to do Alliance. Don't remember why specifically.

Keep at it, friend, you'll get it done before you know it.

• Like 1

I gave up on AC MP trophies, I got AC3 but I said to myself that I'm not gonna be wasting time waiting for ppl who are willing to boost with me cause getting a decent amount of ppl for boosting is not that easy.

AC made me hate online trophies a little bit more. Is one of my fav series but I didn't play MP when I had to.

But anyway, I'm not here to demotivate you, keep at it, you'll get it done anytime soon. Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golem25 said:

The guides say you need 6 people in an Alliance lobby for the former, but I suspect you could do it with four in Manhunt - can anyone confirm?

I wrapped up the multiplayer trophies a few months ago and can confirm you're going to need 6 people to reach Lv 50. You only gain exp in Player or Ranked matches, both of which require 6 people to start regardless of the game mode.

• Like 1

When you are boosting try to play a movie or something, otherwise you gonna hear..you have been stunned!, Stunned! , You have been stunned! for the rest of your life! Here I am 2 years later and I can still hear that chick saying it in my head lol

All jokes aside..it's definitely not a bad or long boost. I remember that my time was around 5-6hrs when I finished MP trophies, you can wrap it up in a couple of boosting session if you want to take it slow. 

• Like 1

Lol wow.. 

I remember AC:B... 

It was a bitch to boost.. 

The server wouldn't let some of us in and we figured out it was cause of some setting on our routers.. 

Then some boosters ditched us after getting the trophies..  

I ALWAYS want to be known as a reliable booster so I stuck around till everyone that helped me got the trophies. Then deleted them from my friends list.

I never really got why the ac games are so popular, especially the ezio trilogy. The stories are always a drag, combat is average and the open worlds are boring and imo they got even worse in the newer ones. Unitys chests and collectibles are a goddamn nightmare. The only games in the franchise I genuinely liked were ac3 and especially ac4. 

Honestly don't bother with the trophies if you don't like the game when you don't care about completion rate. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, xDerErnst said:

I never really got why the ac games are so popular, especially the ezio trilogy. The stories are always a drag, combat is average and the open worlds are boring and imo they got even worse in the newer ones. Unitys chests and collectibles are a goddamn nightmare. The only games in the franchise I genuinely liked were ac3 and especially ac4. 

Honestly don't bother with the trophies if you don't like the game when you don't care about completion rate. 

During the time it came out which is when I got it. It was one of the must play games. 

I called bullshit after I started playing it. Game felt like a chore.. 

But yeah, after brotherhood and revelations. I never bought an Assassin's Creed game after those 2 annoying ass games 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Morgomir96 said:

As a veteran AC:B multiplayer player, one trophy is litterally impossible without boosting. I never got Extreme Variety though normal play, and I played a lot.

Not to be a prick, but I managed to get it trough normal play. Took so many tries... then I got lucky and got it in a match I wasn't even trying until I realised I only needed one more bonus. So yeah, it's like 70% luck due to how situational some of the bonuses are, but not impossible.

Revelations has thankfully made the process much easier.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/08/2020 at 4:07 PM, GUDGER666 said:

Just.. stop playing. Problem solved. 

There's always one dude who has to say the above, on a Trophy hunting site of all places. If I had taken your 'advice', I wouldn't have this on my profile now;

https://i.postimg.cc/Gp9b5JMb/ffdsdfsdfsfsd.png

Let this serve as inspiration to anyone else struggling with multiplayer (and 100% for Il Principe); never give up, no matter what the game throws at you!

Edited by Golem25

On 08.08.2020 at 5:03 PM, Morgomir96 said:

As a veteran AC:B multiplayer player, one trophy is litterally impossible without boosting. I never got Extreme Variety though normal play, and I played a lot.

no offence but clearly you are not a veteran then ?

• Like 1

This is why I hate multiplayer in older PS3 games, especially when you are required to get a team together, talk to each other through Discord or voice chat and coordinate with each other until you get what you need.

Red Dead Redemption is actually worse than Brotherhood because you need nine people for one trophy all working together and I believe five - six people for another trophy, which is winning a game of Poker with the blinds at maximum. Then there's Advanced Co-op.

Plus with there being server issues (because many old PS3 titles have server problems it seems), people having poor internet, idiots not willing to help out their teammates, and yadda yadda yadda, it just makes for a big hassle.

It's just not fun. If I actually went for all the trophies 10 years ago, sure I'd probably make an effort to get everything. But nowadays, it's probably unlikely I'll ever get the platinum for the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

On 08/08/2020 at 0:44 PM, Golem25 said:What a mess. Just remember, kids; password-protect your account to keep it from spiteful family members or else you too may need to boost MP Trophies in a ghost town eight years into the future.

Commiserations man. I don’t care about completion percentage, but it would drive me absolutely crazy to have other people’s trophies on my account. I password protected mine so my wife couldn’t unlock anything lol.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

Or... you just don't read the thread. Which you clearly didn't, because your comment has been raised almost verbatim previously. I'll quote my reply to it for your convenience

As an addendum, never be discouraged by people who can't hold their tongue and have to chime in with 'jUsT dOnT bOtHeR dUdE' when you confess your reservations about pursuing a certain Trophy or game.

LOL if you can have no joy in trophy hunting then what’s the point? You literally choose to feel miserable or not when it comes to trophy hunting and you are clearly not happy with it. I mean, you are doing this to yourself so why make the thread? To whine and cry like a baby when there is a simple choice to not do it?

Also let me add this: if this game is “breaking your spirit” then why the fuck bother with it? Are you sick? Addicted? Mental? Is someone pointing a gun at you that you have to play this? Only you are choosing to “break your spirit”, not the game. I am tired of whiney trophy hunters like you.

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

LOL if you can have no joy in trophy hunting then what’s the point? You literally choose to feel miserable or not when it comes to trophy hunting and you are clearly not happy with it. I mean, you are doing this to yourself so why make the thread? To whine and cry like a baby when there is a simple choice to not do it?

Also let me add this: if this game is “breaking your spirit” then why the fuck bother with it? Are you sick? Addicted? Mental? Is someone pointing a gun at you that you have to play this? Only you are choosing to “break your spirit”, not the game. I am tired of whiney trophy hunters like you.

Point is getting getting this game out of the way, duh. Was that not obvious?

I find it ironic that you're using the word 'whine' given the post you just wrote. And hey, I chose not to let the game break my spirit - I broke the game's bullshit instead. But please, Mr. I'm-so-tired-of-whiners, continue to lecture me and post in a thread featuring an opening post which in its very first line warns that whining is contained within.

• Like 3

On 8/8/2020 at 11:03 AM, Morgomir96 said:

I've gotten an Extreme Variety more than just once for the trophy while playing the MP for fun. It's definitely luck and skill based but also not impossible at all.

Granted you probably have a point about trying it these days - I got it during the time that AC Revelations was already out, and a lot of people still played the ACB MP back then. I'd imagine only dedicated players still come back to this game, so trying to outsmart them and getting an Extreme Variety in a lobby filled with good players is definitely tough.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 8/8/2020 at 7:58 AM, talespagni said:

Edit: and just to add, this is the worst game of the series, online trophies wise. All the others are way easier. Revelations can be done in less than 10 hours, the trophies have easier requirements as well; Black Flag you can do almost everything alone by yourself, except maybe the Jaguar one (which requires 4 people); it may take you around 20 hours to finish everything, including the DLC trophies.

I have a session for Brotherhood still going and I second this. 

Revelations, AC 3, Black Flag and Unity are all much easier. Brotherhood basically went the route of let’s put on a bunch of multiplayer because that was the trend a decade ago.