Spontiark

About peace walker and the Kerotans

20 posts in this topic

So I just beat the game and aparently I killed someone, and can't recall killing anyone except the boss.

I defeated her by stamina depletion but still I had to shoot her with her own patriot gun, is there a way to avoid it?

 

About the Kerotans it seems i didn't shoot every one of them but I didn't see any counter of this in the stadistics, so is there a way to check? Will they carry on new game plus?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to shoot The Boss at the end with the Patriot so this means you likely killed someone by accident at some point. Once you get to The Sorrow fight again and only see the Cobra Unit ghosts I would make a save at the point after that so you don't have to replay the whole game just in case.

 

As for the Kerotans there isn't a way to check unfortunately. If I were to guess which one you might have missed it would have been the one on the runway during the motorcycle sequence. For that one I made sure to fire at it rapidly with the SVD until I saw it shake. If not that one then there's another one not too long after that one during the chase at a checkpoint Eva stops at. Otherwise I believe they do carry over into NG+.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the quick answer, for the ketorans on the motorcycle sequences I was using the rpg7 (maybe I killed someone accidentally with this) and after that the microphone to check the sound, so unless I imagined the ketoran sound must be any other, and I hope it is.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

You have to shoot The Boss at the end with the Patriot so this means you likely killed someone by accident at some point. Once you get to The Sorrow fight again and only see the Cobra Unit ghosts I would make a save at the point after that so you don't have to replay the whole game just in case.

 

As for the Kerotans there isn't a way to check unfortunately. If I were to guess which one you might have missed it would have been the one on the runway during the motorcycle sequence. For that one I made sure to fire at it rapidly with the SVD until I saw it shake. If not that one then there's another one not too long after that one during the chase at a checkpoint Eva stops at. Otherwise I believe they do carry over into NG+.

Kerotans do carry over. I had to do them all over again up until the Volgin fight. I must have died in that battle and when I won I forgot to shoot the one Kerotan there. As soon as I shot that one the trophy popped. It was a bit annoying going after each and every kerotan again, not knowing which I missed, but it's one of my all time favorite games so it's not like I didn't enjoy the extra playthrough.

Edited by tony_snake_24
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spontiark said:

Thanks for the quick answer, for the ketorans on the motorcycle sequences I was using the rpg7 (maybe I killed someone accidentally with this) and after that the microphone to check the sound, so unless I imagined the ketoran sound must be any other, and I hope it is.

 

I avoided using the RPG for that one since I had read that the splash damage doesn't affect it but I don't really know how true that is. Even then though it does take a moment to aim it so I figured just spraying and praying with the SVD was a better method.

 

19 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Kerotans do carry over. I had to do them all over again up until the Volgin fight. I must have died in that battle and when I won I forgot to shoot the one Kerotan there. As soon as I shot that one the trophy popped. It was a bit annoying going after each and every kerotan again, not knowing which I missed, but it's one of my all time favorite games so it's not like I didn't enjoy the extra playthrough.

 

I'm sure I missed one as well either near the end or really close at the beginning. They are a pain to keep track of especially when you have to keep in mind all the other collectibles too.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Kerotans are a pain.

 

Took me 40 - 50 minutes to get the one at the airport runway because you have to wait for a key moment to shoot it using the sniper. You also can't be sure if you shot them all until the end of the game. Missing one can mean an entire new playthrough.

 

Loved Metal Gear Solid 3, but the Kerotan Frogs were definitely one of the more annoying collectibles I've seen in a game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make multiple save files, take note in where it could be a missed a shot, retry and play until the end if you mess up. Take note of those that you are sure too, so you can isolate the missing ones. Use the sniper and use the unequip/equip method to replenish your ammo quickly (press R2 twice very quick). Shoot like there's no tomorrow.

 

I was able to pull this off in my first try, but I did it with a lot of retries just to make sure I got them.

Edited by Katt
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those frogs are the worst! It took me 4 hours to get the ones when you're on the motorbike. 4 HOURS FOR 4 FROGS!! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi in another PS account i Made it platinum with these steps

 

Save multiple times

Do in one round peace walker and in another round kerotans

Take note of every frog you shoot

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great news!

So I started new game plus and turns out I was missing just frog number 7.

So now I remember not seeing anyone but the cobras during sorrow encounter and I have a save file just in the part where Volgin is torturing me so I'll pick up from there for peace walker.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Kerotans do carry over. I had to do them all over again up until the Volgin fight. I must have died in that battle and when I won I forgot to shoot the one Kerotan there. As soon as I shot that one the trophy popped.

 

This was the exact same Kerotan I was missing also, yet I could have sworn I'd gotten it.

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I'm lost, still just one person killed.

I'm confused as fuck.

No one showed in the sorrow part except for the cobras wich i killed by stamina depletion.

Then I defeated Volgin with my fists then again in the top of the Shagohod with the Mosin nagant and then the boss with fists...

 

Maybe is because i ate the parrot from the end? Is pretty much as clever as a dog...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you can eat the parrot

 

You probably killed someone with the rpg 

Edited by TalalHmd
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TalalHmd said:

No, you can eat the parrot

 

You probably killed someone with the rpg 

The thing is that I only used the rpg on the motorbike scenes and now I have replayed from just before the sorrow scene where everything checks out....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spontiark said:

Great news!

So I started new game plus and turns out I was missing just frog number 7.

So now I remember not seeing anyone but the cobras during sorrow encounter and I have a save file just in the part where Volgin is torturing me so I'll pick up from there for peace walker.

Glad it worked out for you and it was a very early frog!

2 hours ago, AlienSteam said:

 

This was the exact same Kerotan I was missing also, yet I could have sworn I'd gotten it.

 

 

Same, I was pretty sure I had this one already. Well, I guess we didn't.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I just made a speedrun and got peace walker and the platinum.

I saw somewhere that someone said that if you kill Ocelot and hit continue he will count as a kill but will not show up in the sorrow scenario.

So like most of the things in metal gear the problem was caused by Ocelot.

Edited by Spontiark
Typo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This makes me even more concerned for Metal Gear Solid 2, because that is a lot harder of a game than Metal Gear Solid 3.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

This makes me even more concerned for Metal Gear Solid 2, because that is a lot harder of a game than Metal Gear Solid 3.

Actually mgs3 was not really hard, just some trophies are messy to track.

I've got the platinum for MGSV that should be something in between 2 and 3 in terms of dificulty, it was way harder but I knew all the time exactly what I was missing.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Spontiark said:

Ok, I just made a speedrun and got peace walker and the platinum.

I saw somewhere that someone said that if you kill Ocelot and hit continue he will count as a kill but will not show up in the sorrow scenario.

So like most of the things in metal gear the problem was caused by Ocelot.

 

congrats.


 

11 hours ago, Spontiark said:

Actually mgs3 was not really hard, just some trophies are messy to track.

I've got the platinum for MGSV that should be something in between 2 and 3 in terms of dificulty, it was way harder but I knew all the time exactly what I was missing.

 

 

the frogs are the worst trophy, specially because of the motorcycle part

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding Peace Walker, I finished the game with a single kill. I had a save from before the second bike section, prior to the Shagohod fight, so I thought I'll spend half an hour and see if I can make a difference.

Things I recall doing in the last section that potentially contributed:

  • At one point during the second bike section (and I may have reset this trying to get Kerotans), I know I cleared out enemies with tranq's, causing them to crash.
  • I noticed Eva had killed one person in the lead up to the fight with the Boss.
  • I had shot the Boss myself (rather than the automatic shot if you don't hit the button).

Upon replaying, I just let the enemies shoot me (on V.Easy), I made sure to tranq all the enemies before Eva could shoot them, and I didn't push the button to kill the Boss, and let the game do that for me.

 

I just got the Peace Walker trophy just now, yet the three things I point out I've read over and over don't contribute to your kill count. I can't think of what else I might've messed up though. Both bosses (Shagohod and The Boss) were defeated through stamina both times, so it can't have been that instead...

 

Oh well, trophy received!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.