What would an All-Stars 2 Roster Look like?

TheDblTap

I got to thinking about PlayStation All-Stars 2 recently after seeing an article about it potentially being developed for PlayStation 5.

I'd be pretty excited to see them do it considering the PlayStation family has so many excellent characters now who could all join the fray, but I gotta say, they'd have to make some serious changes to the gameplay for me to consider seeing it through to the Platinum Trophy.

I made some mock-ups of what I think a realistic (but pretty minimal) roster might look like and discussed what I'd prefer the gameplay to be like, which you can see here: https://platget.com/what-might-a-playstation-all-stars-2-roster-look-like/

What about you guys?

Who are your All-Star must-haves?

Are there any third party characters you think Sony should fight tooth and nail to get into the game?

Would you want to keep the Smash Bros gameplay or go for something different?

I'm genuinely interested to know!

• Like 4

I still think that this game lacks of heart, PS wanted so much to do something similar to Smash Bros than just made a copy that dind't has its own identity. I'm not a Nintendo fan, but you see on SB some kind of harmony, even with new adds, chars and things all mash together, but here is just pieces of games pasted together... And if a second part looks like the one you showed... It's more of the same... I really want that Sony could pull off something similar, but the first one didn't made it for me...

• Like 2

Sony should let another developer do the fighting to be honest, Namco seems like a good beginner friendly choice to me.

As for the roster, exclusives characters, past and present, so I'd like Spyro, Crash, FF 7-10 characters, DMC, Metal Gear, Tekken, SMT Persona etc, basically everything that had  a "tipping scale" during Playstation's journey, there's no need to have something like Big Daddy from Bioshock, as it  was never, at any point an exclusive.

• Like 1

I believe that a few from the following characters would make a great addition to the roster:

1. Crash Bandicoot (+ and a few more notable characters from the series, like cortex)
  2. Spyro the Dragon
  3. Aloy
  4. Spike and the Apes from Ape Escape
  5. Joel and Ellie
  6. Lara Croft
  7. The new character from Ratchet and Clank
  8. Jin Sakai from Ghost of Tsushima
  9. Kat from Gravity Rush
  10. Fighters from the Tekken series
  • Like 2

The problem with this is that they need to make the gameplay funnier not a less fun copy of Smash and also makes that the characters are in harmony together ando doesn't feel strange, I mean in Smash even Mario vs Bayonetta or Simon in any stage looks good but my little sackboy or Paparrapa vs Raiden or Big Daddy in the Uncharted 3 stage looks odd. For this they have to re-desing character if they want to cartoon style, comic or even realistic but they need to be in harmony with the rest of the game and look good. Other thing they really need to add more life to each character moves set. 

Good work with your post in that site by the way :)

• Like 1

A lot of responses here! 

I agree with the general consensus that they just didn't try as hard before and if they are going to continue to rip off the Smash Bros style gameplay then they're going to need to make it more exciting in some way. 

And @NordicSaiyan you're completely on-point about the art style, they absolutely need to unify it somehow there's no way having Parappa the Rapper fighting Kratos isn't going to look bizarre as all hell in super hi-res on PS5.