Whiteboyz banned by Sony?!?

On 6/3/2021 at 8:36 AM, scemopagliaccioh said:

A game being delisted does not mean you can’t access it anymore, to my recollection, it only happened with a PT demo, if you “bought” the game early on, you should still have the game on your purchased content list. 

I’m this case though I believe the base game, which was free, was delisted and like PT is no longer available at all. The dlc cost a dollar however, and being unable to download the core game makes playing the dlc impossible

3 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

I’m this case though I believe the base game, which was free, was delisted and like PT is no longer available at all. The dlc cost a dollar however, and being unable to download the core game makes playing the dlc impossible

Proofs? I was still able to redownload it (Whiteboyz) from my US account less than a month ago.

Edited by Lance_87

3 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

It’s definitely available for re-download for anyone who added it to their download list when it was free. The only people it is unavailable for are the people who never added it their download list. 

• Like 1

What's the point of removing this game and allowing a bunch of others that are clearly worse? this game still had some effort and performance, and ngl was fun for me the base ?. Okay that was a parody but still.

On 6/6/2021 at 3:50 PM, DaivRules said:

It’s definitely available for re-download for anyone who added it to their download list when it was free. The only people it is unavailable for are the people who never added it their download list. 

Oh cool, I’ll double check! 

• 2 weeks later...

I added this to my library when it was free and even have a receipt in my Gmail but it does not show up in my library on PS4. I even tried to search for "white" in my library on PS4 and nothing comes up.

I have never downloaded it in the past but I'm 100% sure my account "purchased" it.

BtWGWl5.png

Not really sure why I added it to my library tbh and I have no interest in it but it's gone either way.

1 hour ago, iriihutoR84 said:

I added this to my library when it was free and even have a receipt in my Gmail but it does not show up in my library on PS4. I even tried to search for "white" in my library on PS4 and nothing comes up.

I have never downloaded it in the past but I'm 100% sure my account "purchased" it.

BtWGWl5.png

Not really sure why I added it to my library tbh and I have no interest in it but it's gone either way.

How about the Store website? Also have you tried restoring licenses on PS4?

• Like 1

Just now, iriihutoR84 said:

I was sure I had done that recently but restoring licenses did the trick. Thanks for the help!

Not that I am likely to play this, haha. 

PSN licenses can be funky, at times I've bought a few games, downloaded them and they're locked despite every other game I own not being. 

• 6 months later...
On 04/06/2021 at 0:36 AM, scemopagliaccioh said:

A game being delisted does not mean you can’t access it anymore, to my recollection, it only happened with a PT demo, if you “bought” the game early on, you should still have the game on your purchased content list. 

It also happened to picotto knights on the vita and other free to plays/beta. Sony can remove games from libraries if they were free, bought games that cant just remove from you without facing some kind of lawsuit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

It also happened to picotto knights on the vita and other free to plays/beta. Sony can remove games from libraries if they were free, bought games that cant just remove from you without facing some kind of lawsuit.

Are you sure about that? I still have all the free stuff in my account. Sony only really removes things due to exploits (i still remember MotorStorm Arctic Edge for PSP back when it was released) or when they weren't meant to be free (and this doesn't always happen, i.e. they didn't remove Knack 2 from accounts but they did remove Yakuza 5)

Or maybe because Picotto Knights was only in Japan. I DO remember getting some minor stuff removed from my secondary JP account (Pop'n Music Portable 2 free DLC, nothing to really worry about though lol) and just couldn't do anything about that.

The P.T. demo is not *officially* downloadable anymore but there are methods if you already had it on your PSN account before the delisting.

Edited by Lance_87

4 hours ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

Sony can remove games from libraries if they were free

No, they can't.

The price being 0.00 doesn't change anything about the terms of service. It's still considered a purchase and protected by all the same local laws that any purchase is protected by.

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

No, they can't.

The price being 0.00 doesn't change anything about the terms of service. It's still considered a purchase and protected by all the same local laws that any purchase is protected by.

Yep, they do appear in your Transaction History, and since 2016, you receve email receipts for free content, too.

Just now, DaivRules said:

No, they can't.

Tell that to the games that were removed

3 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Are you sure about that? I still have all the free stuff in my account. Sony only really removes things due to exploits (i still remember MotorStorm Arctic Edge for PSP back when it was released) or when they weren't meant to be free (and this doesn't always happen, i.e. they didn't remove Knack 2 from accounts but they did remove Yakuza 5)

They wont remove the free stuff unless there is a lawsuit involved or are requested to afaik. I know for fact PT, picotto and project resistence (early alpha build of resident evil resistance) were all removed from library/made undownloadable. Picotto isnt in libraries anymore, nor is project resistance and PT still shows in libraries but if you click download it will give an error.

So with those three i imagine there are even more that I dont know about

Perhaps @ArmoredSnowman can elaborate on this a bit more

1 minute ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

They wont remove the free stuff unless there is a lawsuit involved or are requested to afaik. I know for fact PT, picotto and project resistence (early alpha build of resident evil resistance) were all removed from library/made undownloadable. Picotto isnt in libraries anymore, nor is project resistance and PT still shows in libraries but if you click download it will give an error.

Those are games not officially released, Sony considers all of those as demos or trials. That's why they can remove them. If a game isn't fully release on the store it's up to them to do whatever they want with it.

Because, I mean, why woud you want to play Project Resistance if the full game is already out? PT is Konami's fault for forcing Sony to make it totally unplayable. Can't comment on Picotto, but my bet is that it was either a demo that broke the rules or copyright infringement. 

5 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

Those are games not officially released, Sony considers all of those as demos or trials. That's why they can remove them. If a game isn't fully release on the store it's up to them to do whatever they want with it.

Because, I mean, why woud you want to play Project Resistance if the full game is already out? PT is Konami's fault for forcing Sony to make it totally unplayable. Can't comment on Picotto, but my bet is that it was either a demo that broke the rules or copyright infringement. 

That logic should then apply to betas and alphas and trials of other games, such as COD, who all keep themselves available for download, why still exist while the full game is out. Picotto knights was a full fledged free to play game, trophy list, online servers and all, around 10000 players onsite here. There are also games that have been delisted for copyright infringement that remain downloadable, one such example i can think of is solbrain made by that gilson B pontes dude. I am simply stating what sony has demonstrated that they can/have done. And to date have never removed/made a non-free game undownloadable, to my knowledge at least.

Edited by PlatinumTrophy

10 minutes ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

So with those three i imagine there are even more that I dont know about

Perhaps @ArmoredSnowman can elaborate on this a bit more

Now that i think about that, back in the PS3/PSP days, there were certain things that only appeared in your account for a limited time. For example, the Numblast demo. After 30 days, it simply disappeared from the download list, however it was still in the list of content if you use a third-party browser extension like PSDLE as the expired license was probably still tied to PSN accounts..

Could you please check if these games still appear in that list? (if you can use PSDLE, of course)

Edited by Lance_87

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

Now that i think about that, back in the PS3/PSP days, there were certain things that only appeared in your account for a limited time. For example, the Numblast demo. After 30 days, it simply disappeared from the download list, however it was still in the list of content if you use a third-party browser extension like PSDLE as the expired license was probably still tied to PSN accounts..

Could you please check if these games still appear in that list? (if you can use PSDLE, of course)

Psdle no longer works, the recent changes with the store and ps5s release has made it not work now, and no replacements or fixes have taken its place.