PsionicDreamer

Whiteboyz banned by Sony?!?

128 posts in this topic

On 6/3/2021 at 8:36 AM, scemopagliaccioh said:

A game being delisted does not mean you can’t access it anymore, to my recollection, it only happened with a PT demo, if you “bought” the game early on, you should still have the game on your purchased content list. 

I’m this case though I believe the base game, which was free, was delisted and like PT is no longer available at all. The dlc cost a dollar however, and being unable to download the core game makes playing the dlc impossible

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

I’m this case though I believe the base game, which was free, was delisted and like PT is no longer available at all. The dlc cost a dollar however, and being unable to download the core game makes playing the dlc impossible

 

Proofs? I was still able to redownload it (Whiteboyz) from my US account less than a month ago.

Edited by Lance_87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Orenn16 said:

I’m this case though I believe the base game, which was free, was delisted and like PT is no longer available at all. The dlc cost a dollar however, and being unable to download the core game makes playing the dlc impossible


It’s definitely available for re-download for anyone who added it to their download list when it was free. The only people it is unavailable for are the people who never added it their download list. 
 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the point of removing this game and allowing a bunch of others that are clearly worse? this game still had some effort and performance, and ngl was fun for me the base 💯. Okay that was a parody but still.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2021 at 3:50 PM, DaivRules said:


It’s definitely available for re-download for anyone who added it to their download list when it was free. The only people it is unavailable for are the people who never added it their download list. 
 

Oh cool, I’ll double check! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got this game before it was delisted from the store and is there anyway you can still get the dlc or nah?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can re-download if you already bought it but can’t earn trophy anymore. I went back this game to finish off trophies but mini games are gone. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richtoon said:

Can re-download if you already bought it but can’t earn trophy anymore. I went back this game to finish off trophies but mini games are gone. 

 

Wait, what?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I added this to my library when it was free and even have a receipt in my Gmail but it does not show up in my library on PS4. I even tried to search for "white" in my library on PS4 and nothing comes up.

 

I have never downloaded it in the past but I'm 100% sure my account "purchased" it.

BtWGWl5.png

 

Not really sure why I added it to my library tbh and I have no interest in it but it's gone either way.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite being delisted from the store, I'm able to see it on my library.playstation.com :hmm:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iriihutoR84 said:

I added this to my library when it was free and even have a receipt in my Gmail but it does not show up in my library on PS4. I even tried to search for "white" in my library on PS4 and nothing comes up.

 

I have never downloaded it in the past but I'm 100% sure my account "purchased" it.

BtWGWl5.png

 

Not really sure why I added it to my library tbh and I have no interest in it but it's gone either way.

 

How about the Store website? Also have you tried restoring licenses on PS4?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

 

How about the Store website? Also have you tried restoring licenses on PS4?

 

I was sure I had done that recently but restoring licenses did the trick. Thanks for the help!

 

Not that I am likely to play this, haha. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iriihutoR84 said:

 

I was sure I had done that recently but restoring licenses did the trick. Thanks for the help!

 

Not that I am likely to play this, haha. 

 

PSN licenses can be funky, at times I've bought a few games, downloaded them and they're locked despite every other game I own not being. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/01/2022 at 0:29 AM, man08071983 said:

Can the DLC still be bought in-game? 

Can't speak for NA version, but on my EU version the dlc can be bought by trying to play the dlc song in game without owning it. The store page pops up when you try to play it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/1/2022 at 11:31 AM, jpwbjpwb said:

Can't speak for NA version, but on my EU version the dlc can be bought by trying to play the dlc song in game without owning it. The store page pops up when you try to play it.

I'll try then. Thanks. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/06/2021 at 0:36 AM, scemopagliaccioh said:

A game being delisted does not mean you can’t access it anymore, to my recollection, it only happened with a PT demo, if you “bought” the game early on, you should still have the game on your purchased content list. 

It also happened to picotto knights on the vita and other free to plays/beta. Sony can remove games from libraries if they were free, bought games that cant just remove from you without facing some kind of lawsuit.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

It also happened to picotto knights on the vita and other free to plays/beta. Sony can remove games from libraries if they were free, bought games that cant just remove from you without facing some kind of lawsuit.

 

Are you sure about that? I still have all the free stuff in my account. Sony only really removes things due to exploits (i still remember MotorStorm Arctic Edge for PSP back when it was released) or when they weren't meant to be free (and this doesn't always happen, i.e. they didn't remove Knack 2 from accounts but they did remove Yakuza 5)

 

Or maybe because Picotto Knights was only in Japan. I DO remember getting some minor stuff removed from my secondary JP account (Pop'n Music Portable 2 free DLC, nothing to really worry about though lol) and just couldn't do anything about that.

 

The P.T. demo is not *officially* downloadable anymore but there are methods if you already had it on your PSN account before the delisting.

Edited by Lance_87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

Sony can remove games from libraries if they were free

 

No, they can't.

 

The price being 0.00 doesn't change anything about the terms of service. It's still considered a purchase and protected by all the same local laws that any purchase is protected by.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

 

No, they can't.

 

The price being 0.00 doesn't change anything about the terms of service. It's still considered a purchase and protected by all the same local laws that any purchase is protected by.

 

 

Yep, they do appear in your Transaction History, and since 2016, you receve email receipts for free content, too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DaivRules said:

 

No, they can't.

 

The price being 0.00 doesn't change anything about the terms of service. It's still considered a purchase and protected by all the same local laws that any purchase is protected by.

 

Tell that to the games that were removed

 

3 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

 

Are you sure about that? I still have all the free stuff in my account. Sony only really removes things due to exploits (i still remember MotorStorm Arctic Edge for PSP back when it was released) or when they weren't meant to be free (and this doesn't always happen, i.e. they didn't remove Knack 2 from accounts but they did remove Yakuza 5)

They wont remove the free stuff unless there is a lawsuit involved or are requested to afaik. I know for fact PT, picotto and project resistence (early alpha build of resident evil resistance) were all removed from library/made undownloadable. Picotto isnt in libraries anymore, nor is project resistance and PT still shows in libraries but if you click download it will give an error.

So with those three i imagine there are even more that I dont know about

Perhaps @ArmoredSnowman can elaborate on this a bit more

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

Tell that to the games that were removed

 

They wont remove the free stuff unless there is a lawsuit involved or are requested to afaik. I know for fact PT, picotto and project resistence (early alpha build of resident evil resistance) were all removed from library/made undownloadable. Picotto isnt in libraries anymore, nor is project resistance and PT still shows in libraries but if you click download it will give an error.

Those are games not officially released, Sony considers all of those as demos or trials. That's why they can remove them. If a game isn't fully release on the store it's up to them to do whatever they want with it.

Because, I mean, why woud you want to play Project Resistance if the full game is already out? PT is Konami's fault for forcing Sony to make it totally unplayable. Can't comment on Picotto, but my bet is that it was either a demo that broke the rules or copyright infringement. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

Those are games not officially released, Sony considers all of those as demos or trials. That's why they can remove them. If a game isn't fully release on the store it's up to them to do whatever they want with it.

Because, I mean, why woud you want to play Project Resistance if the full game is already out? PT is Konami's fault for forcing Sony to make it totally unplayable. Can't comment on Picotto, but my bet is that it was either a demo that broke the rules or copyright infringement. 

That logic should then apply to betas and alphas and trials of other games, such as COD, who all keep themselves available for download, why still exist while the full game is out. Picotto knights was a full fledged free to play game, trophy list, online servers and all, around 10000 players onsite here. There are also games that have been delisted for copyright infringement that remain downloadable, one such example i can think of is solbrain made by that gilson B pontes dude. I am simply stating what sony has demonstrated that they can/have done. And to date have never removed/made a non-free game undownloadable, to my knowledge at least.

Edited by PlatinumTrophy
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

Tell that to the games that were removed

 

They wont remove the free stuff unless there is a lawsuit involved or are requested to afaik. I know for fact PT, picotto and project resistence (early alpha build of resident evil resistance) were all removed from library/made undownloadable. Picotto isnt in libraries anymore, nor is project resistance and PT still shows in libraries but if you click download it will give an error.

So with those three i imagine there are even more that I dont know about

Perhaps @ArmoredSnowman can elaborate on this a bit more

 

Now that i think about that, back in the PS3/PSP days, there were certain things that only appeared in your account for a limited time. For example, the Numblast demo. After 30 days, it simply disappeared from the download list, however it was still in the list of content if you use a third-party browser extension like PSDLE as the expired license was probably still tied to PSN accounts..

 

Could you please check if these games still appear in that list? (if you can use PSDLE, of course)

Edited by Lance_87
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

 

Now that i think about that, back in the PS3/PSP days, there were certain things that only appeared in your account for a limited time. For example, the Numblast demo. After 30 days, it simply disappeared from the download list, however it was still in the list of content if you use a third-party browser extension like PSDLE as the expired license was probably still tied to PSN accounts..

 

Could you please check if these games still appear in that list? (if you can use PSDLE, of course)

Psdle no longer works, the recent changes with the store and ps5s release has made it not work now, and no replacements or fixes have taken its place.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.