Yo man I'm a trophy hunter, I hunt bronze.

rgeGeo

Are you really a trophy hunter if you have 70+ games played and 4 platinums? Are you just a shit one? I know you're actually going for trophies so by definition you're a trophy hunter, yeah you are a trophy hunter, but in the social circle that surrounds trophy hunting are you considered by your peers to be an actual trophy hunter, there's a line right? Surely you're trophy hunter if you actually go for the plats? I don't know where I stand on this to be honest, I just saw a guy who's psn about me, said trophy hunter and he had 70+ games played and 4 plats, level 13, My first reaction was, what dude, do you hunt bronze or some shit? 

What do you consider a trophy hunter to be? 

On the account I have 66 games played and 10 plats, I play whatever I can get my hands on ps plus ect.. and then I have my actual trophy hunting account.

Yeah any thoughts? 70 games 4 plats does that make you a trophy hunter? 

Some of you missed the point.. I said by definition they're trophy hunters, of course they are, thinking differently is thinking wrong, my question was do you consider them to be trophy hunters? Some people would look at that guy and think he's silly because they have 100 plats and he has 4, that's stupid in my book, but I was just looking for your thoughts, not an analogy to fix an already correct stance.

Never really put much thought into that. I suppose they would still be considered a trophy hunter. :hmm:

I personally wouldn't call myself anything other than addicted. I play hard games, easy games, free games, and whatever other games there are. I enjoy completing the requirements for the trophies (most of the time anyway)... it's actually more fun than just randomly playing games, to me. I like having the goals and striving to achieve them.

Good answer, I agree with that, I'm the same,  some games just aren't worth the time to plat though. Alpha protocol being one.

No. They are not trophy hunters in that case. But neither are you. ;)

No I think they are, downloading file saves and using them to get trophies doesn't make you a trophy hunter, that just makes you a cheater, kind of pathetic really, everything else though makes you a hunter, not that it really matters anyway.

Sure they are. If I take judo classes every week can I call myself a Judoka or do I have to win a bunch of tournaments first? If you go deer hunting, but don't bag a deer, does that mean you never went hunting?

You went hunting, you just fucking suck at it. xD

• Like 1

It may just be me you are talking about. I have 7 platsies and 88 games but that is because of 2 fairly common resons:

1. I wasn't into trophy hunting right from the beggining of my PS3 journey

2. Had a lot of friends which had different games and they would come to my house to play the games together, so i got stuch with the 0% or 2-3% however I don't own the game.

I don't know where I stand on this to be honest, I just saw a guy who's psn about me, said trophy hunter and he had 70+ games played and 4 plats, level 13, My first reaction was, what dude, do you hunt bronze or some shit?

Some of you missed the point.. I said by definition they're trophy hunters, of course they are, thinking differently is thinking wrong...

To be fair you said you weren't sure where you stand. I'm simply making the point that you don't have to be successful at something to be participating in it. If someone says they are trying to get trophies then that makes them a hunter in my book. Doesn't matter how many trophies they've actually gotten.

Some people like me play just for the huge passion for videogame and not to get trophies. I hate that kind of people who judge a gamer just for his number of plats or trophies. Being a gamer DOESN'T mean to get 100% in every game, those are HARDCORE GAMERS. So just shut the fuck up, don't judge and enjoy the game.

Well, this comment saved me a bit of time. Ditto what she said. 

Some people like me play just for the huge passion for videogame and not to get trophies. I hate that kind of people who judge a gamer just for his number of plats or trophies. Being a gamer DOESN'T mean to get 100% in every game, those are HARDCORE GAMERS. So just shut the fuck up, don't judge and enjoy the game.

Great post, STFU!

I don't really pre-judge people on whether they are a trophy hunter or not etc. If you consider yourself a trophy hunter that's fine, if not that's also fine.

Life is too short for me to seek validation from my peers for an intangible achievement, I just enjoy gaming & getting involved with the community.

If someone wants to judge me on my number of Platinums, my completion percentage or my PSN Level, then that's their perogative.

• Like 3

Wow I'm stepping out of this, it's getting out of control fast.

I really didn't meant to judge anyone based on their trophy hunter stats, like amount of plats, completion % or PSN level. Sorry if I did. :(

We are all gamers and all want to enjoy games and have our own ways of enjoying them, right?

Don't forget games are to be enjoyed. :D

• Like 1

Wow I'm stepping out of this, it's getting out of control fast.

I really didn't meant to judge anyone based on their trophy hunter stats, like amount of plats, completion % or PSN level. Sorry if I did. :(

We are all gamers and all want to enjoy games and have our own ways of enjoying them, right?

Don't forget games are to be enjoyed. :D

I wasn't referring to you with my comment :) I took your comment earlier in the thread as jest.

I've just had abit of flack lately (not on here I must iterate) regarding my plats/level etc.

This is completely opinionated but looking at myself 81 games played (and another 40 or so games I havn't played sitting on my shelves) and 13 platinums. I think I am definitely a trophy hunter. Anyone who goes out of there way doing things they would not have done if there were no trophy for doing it are being trophy hunters. I've collected a lot of collectibles I did solely for trophies and that alone makes me a trophy hunter in my opinion

I wasn't referring to you with my comment :) I took your comment earlier in the thread as jest.

I've just had abit of flack lately (not on here I must iterate) regarding my plats/level etc.

Sorry I'm just stupid....

You can't really judge your completion % can you. :)

BTW, what is jest and flack?? I can't stand not knowing English words when I should be.  :angry:

Judging by the amount of platinums isn't always indicative of how much of a better gamer someone is.

There are plenty of Ultra Rare bronze trophies out there and a bunch of platinums that just take a lot of time and no skill to achieve (ie. Walking Dead, Skyrim)

I fall under the OP's category of "wannabe trophy hunter" so naturally I say that a trophy hunter is a trophy hunter is a trophy hunter.

Maybe they lack platinums because they don't have a lot of time to game. Maybe they lack the skill to achieve more.

My excuse is not starting out as a trophy hunter from the get-go. I have a bunch of games I either borrowed or played once and never wanted to replay again, bringing my completion percentage down and making those platinums unachieveable.

Having just gotten into trophy hunting this year I'm trying really hard to finish up as many of them as I can before starting new games :P

Edited by rsoto1125

Trophy Hunter Definition: You are deemed a trophy hunter in my book as long as there is 1 trophy, no matter the type, that you went out of your way to earn. I.E. -- Collectibles or Kills with a certain weapon. Otherwise this turns into a matter of personal opinion and all objectivity gets thrown out the window.

I call Dictionary!

Talk about stating the fucking obvious.

So many guys going on the defensive, hot damn, no one said someone was or wasn't a trophy hunter due to certain things, people are talking like they're in an argument with someone or something, judging from the comments, there's no one to argue with, we're all in agreement. Have fun, that's all i can say, if getting plats is what makes you enjoy your time playing games, get plats, if you just enjoy having fun and not giving a fuck then great, do that. 

Stop arguing with the imaginary man in the thread who's telling you, you smell funny and you're lack plats makes you sub human and not a trophy hunter, sure the part about smelling funny is true, you might want too see to that, but you're a trophy hunter if you go for trophies, the definition fits then. ;) There we go.

• Like 1