Yo man I'm a trophy hunter, I hunt bronze.

rgeGeo

Talk about stating the fucking obvious.

So many guys going on the defensive, hot damn, no one said someone was or wasn't a trophy hunter due to certain things, people are talking like they're in an argument with someone or something, judging from the comments, there's no one to argue with, we're all in agreement. Have fun, that's all i can say, if getting plats is what makes you enjoy your time playing games, get plats, if you just enjoy having fun and not giving a fuck then great, do that. 

Stop arguing with the imaginary man in the thread who's telling you, you smell funny and you're lack plats makes you sub human and not a trophy hunter, sure the part about smelling funny is true, you might want too see to that, but you're a trophy hunter if you go for trophies, the definition fits then. ;) There we go.

That's kind of the point when starting a thread asking people's opinion's on the matter.

Plus you did say "dude, do you hunt bronze or some shit?".

Not exactly the kindest way of saying anyone is a trophy hunter as long as they put their time into attaining them.

That's kind of the point when starting a thread asking people's opinion's on the matter.

Plus you did say "dude, do you hunt bronze or some shit?".

Not exactly the kindest way of saying anyone is a trophy hunter as long as they put their time into attaining them.

That's what i thought when I saw it, that's not me saying he's not a trophy hunter, that's me saying, you're clearly not putting much effort into trophy hunting, sure he hunts 'em whatever, but he isn't putting much effort into it. You don't get to 77 games played and 4 plats by putting copious amounts of effort in, I got to 66 games played with 10 plats, the last plat I went out of my way with, the rest though just came along naturally, So by definition according to everyone, I am a trophy hunter,but evidently not one that puts in loads of effort, that's it. That's my point.

All you need to use is logic. If a person has 1 trophy then they are trophy hunter (Not a very good but still one) to some extent. If you don't like that logic then it's your problem. The problem with this thread seems that people have put their own personal feelings and opinions before logic and that why this thread has gone to hell.  

Edited by PaladinBane
  • Like 1

All you need to use is logic. If a person has 1 trophy then they are trophy hunter (Not a very good but still one) to some extent. If you don't like that logic then it's your problem. The problem with this thread seems that people have put their own personal feelings and opinions before logic and that why this thread has gone to hell.  

That's basically what I was getting at... and then all this happened. 

I personally play for fun and if a trophy pops a trophy pops I don't care. The only platinums I even think about going for are only series of games that I really enjoy. Other than that if I play a game and don't like it that game will stay at a low percentage cause I don't care enough for it and it is obviously not worth my time. Games are meant to be fun and if I am not having fun with a game I will quit playing it and it will stay at whatever percentage I left it at.

• Like 2

That's basically what I was getting at... and then all this happened. 

Well, how you structured your post didn't really help at all especially with the "dude, do you hunt bronze or some shit?".  Other than that I think you have done no wrong. It's just personal feelings and opinions that is ruining this thread. 

• Like 1

My thoughts?

Trophies for me are personal accomplishments showing things I've achieved in games and my profile is filled with games and trophies from games I loved. Who cares if someone has 400 games and 3 platinums? Who cares if someone has 100 games and 100 platinums? Judging someone based on their PSN profile is stupid in my opinion and creates "gamers" with elitist attitudes because they have more trophies, platinums or a higher completion percentage than someone else. 

Also, I believe this thread went the way it did because you appeared to have a condescending attitude in the OP. It is sometimes very hard to determine the tone of the OP in text so I'm sure that has something to so with the replies in here. 

Parker

Amen, you came just in time to throw logic in. Now I'm just waiting for Memnoch (I love that guy).

Well, how you structured your post didn't really help at all especially with the "dude, do you hunt bronze or some shit?".  Other than that I think you have done no wrong. It's just personal feelings and opinions that is ruining this thread. 

But that supports my point completely, when someone says I'm a trophy hunter, I assume they're going to be kicking ass and taking names when it comes down to trophies, I don't want to hear that BS of oh maybe he's just hunting bronze -_- get out, that's not how it works, people are trying to say if you go out of your way to get a trophy you're a trophy hunter, no you're not, you hunted a trophy.. once or maybe even a couple times, but being a hunter means you're doing it in the here and now, not on occasion when the game you like pops up, you're not a hunter, maybe you hunt for fun on occasion but doing that doesn't make you a hunter, does racing your friends every once in a while make you a runner? oh it does? better go train for the Olympics, no xD You wouldn't be a runner then and you wouldn't be a hunter if you just plat the games you like every once in a while, there's a difference and a very thin line that separates the actual hunters from the occasional ones. So my, what do you just hunt bronze it true, does he? he claims to be a hunter, does he like sucking at it? If you're a hunter surely you'd want the cream of the crop, you want the best that's on offer, not a few bronze. I think there's a difference.

My thoughts?

Trophies for me are personal accomplishments showing things I've achieved in games and my profile is filled with games and trophies from games I loved. Who cares if someone has 400 games and 3 platinums? Who cares if someone has 100 games and 100 platinums? Judging someone based on their PSN profile is stupid in my opinion and creates "gamers" with elitist attitudes because they have more trophies, platinums or a higher completion percentage than someone else. 

Also, I believe this thread went the way it did because you appeared to have a condescending attitude in the OP. It is sometimes very hard to determine the tone of the OP in text so I'm sure that has something to so with the replies in here. 

Parker

Trophies are what they are to you, it's all personal preference, no one should care who has x amount of trophies, it doesn't mean anything, gamers with elitist attitudes? they already exist, it's called half of the pc gaming community xD I've not be condescending, tone ect obviously can't be expressed or shown through text, but I mean no offence, just a friendly debate.  

1332397100700.jpg

FYI: not every game has a platinum.

Damn bro you got any more awesome knowledge bombs to drop on me? ;P

• Like 1

But that supports my point completely, when someone says I'm a trophy hunter, I assume they're going to be kicking ass and taking names when it comes down to trophies, I don't want to hear that BS of oh maybe he's just hunting bronze -_- get out, that's not how it works, people are trying to say if you go out of your way to get a trophy you're a trophy hunter, no you're not, you hunted a trophy.. once or maybe even a couple times, but being a hunter means you're doing it in the here and now, not on occasion when the game you like pops up, you're not a hunter, maybe you hunt for fun on occasion but doing that doesn't make you a hunter, does racing your friends every once in a while make you a runner? oh it does? better go train for the Olympics, no xD You wouldn't be a runner then and you wouldn't be a hunter if you just plat the games you like every once in a while, there's a difference and a very thin line that separates the actual hunters from the occasional ones. So my, what do you just hunt bronze it true, does he? he claims to be a hunter, does he like sucking at it? If you're a hunter surely you'd want the cream of the crop, you want the best that's on offer, not a few bronze. I think there's a difference.

That right there is the elitist attitude I'm talking about. Did you ever think it was possible that he just recently started or decided to be a trophy hunter and didn't want to start a completely new profile? It would make sense for him to have very few platinums or a high competition rate because he just started caring or actively going for trophies. Also, just because someone claims to be a trophy hunter doesn't mean they want to be the "best" at it. It could mean they want to go back and earn platinums for games they've completed the story on or it could mean they want to go and try and earn some rare trophies. It doesn't have to be a competition for everyone, to some trophy hunting is purely for their own satisfaction so yo judge someone as a trophy hunter because he has a lot of bronze trophies is pretty ignorant, in my opinion. 

Parker

• Like 3

Trophies are what they are to you, it's all personal preference, no one should care who has x amount of trophies, it doesn't mean anything, gamers with elitist attitudes? they already exist, it's called half of the pc gaming community xD I've not be condescending, tone ect obviously can't be expressed or shown through text, but I mean no offence, just a friendly debate.  

Damn bro you got any more awesome knowledge bombs to drop on me? ;P

You do know that most games with a platinum usually have around 80% bronze trophies, right? I've never seen a profile with more silver or gold than bronze. Or did you ever consider that this profile you mention in your OP is someone's second account?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

That right there is the elitist attitude I'm talking about. Did you ever think it was possible that he just recently started or decided to be a trophy hunter and didn't want to start a completely new profile? It would make sense for him to have very few platinums or a high competition rate because he just started caring or actively going for trophies. Also, just because someone claims to be a trophy hunter doesn't mean they want to be the "best" at it. It could mean they want to go back and earn platinums for games they've completed the story on or it could mean they want to go and try and earn some rare trophies. It doesn't have to be a competition for everyone, to some trophy hunting is purely for their own satisfaction so yo judge someone as a trophy hunter because he has a lot of bronze trophies is pretty ignorant, in my opinion. 

Parker

No it's not ignorant, maybe he just started, but not talking about him specifically, sure he made me think of the topic but aside from that it's not about him, if you're trophy hunter, you would want to take the best that's on offer (I didn't say should want to be the best, but to take the best) A hunter should want to take the best that's on offer, which is the platinum, calling yourself a trophy hunter insinuates that you get some kind of joy from getting trophies, hunting trophies, why hunt mice when you can hunt deer? why feed yourself for a minute when you can feed for a week, why take bronze when you can get platinum. if the specific guy had just stated then great, I wish him the best of luck, but like I said it's not just about him.  

You do know that most games with a platinum usually have around 80% bronze trophies, right? I've never seen a profile with more silver or gold than bronze. Or did you ever consider that this profile you mention in your OP is someone's second account?

Of course, bronze are worth less, and you could actually get more silvers and golds then bronzes if you only play specific games, maybe it's his second account, whatever, but this is not about him, he just brought up the topic, everyone seems to have their own definition of what a trophy hunter is.

No it's not ignorant, maybe he just started, but not talking about him specifically, sure he made me think of the topic but aside from that it's not about him, if you're trophy hunter, you would want to take the best that's on offer (I didn't say should want to be the best, but to take the best) A hunter should want to take the best that's on offer, which is the platinum, calling yourself a trophy hunter insinuates that you get some kind of joy from getting trophies, hunting trophies, why hunt mice when you can hunt deer? why feed yourself for a minute when you can feed for a week, why take bronze when you can get platinum. if the specific guy had just stated then great, I wish him the best of luck, but like I said it's not just about him.  

Not necessarily. Maybe someone wants to get as many rare bronze trophies as possible and as such only hunts for bronze trophies. You don't have to platinum all your games to be called a trophy hunter. There is no definition for trophy hunter and there is no reason for the community to try and make a set of rules someone has to follow to be called a trophy hunter. 

Parker

Not necessarily. Maybe someone wants to get as many rare bronze trophies as possible and as such only hunts for bronze trophies. You don't have to platinum all your games to be called a trophy hunter. There is no definition for trophy hunter and there is no reason for the community to try and make a set of rules someone has to follow to be called a trophy hunter. 

Parker

If this guy was only hunting rare bronze which seems stupid and a little ass backwards it would make my original, are you hunting bronze correct, the dude literally is hunting bronze, so this hypothetical person is hunting rare bronze but won't hunt rare plats? get off dude, not gonna happen, well it might, but it would be a huge fucking waste of time, buying games for a rare bronze is just insane.

The community doesn't have to make rules, I asked for everyones opinion on it, their definition, some more lenient than others but what the heck, I got what I asked for. 

I think a trophy hunter is anyone that goes out of their way or plans to unlock a trophy. People that played the Walking Dead: The Game from beginning to end will have the platinum. However, a good majority probably played it strictly for the story and enjoyment. In the process, they unlocked all the core trophies. I don't think trophy count, type of trophies, or completion rate really screams trophy hunter. That could all be coincidental. Someone that unlocks a trophy with the actual intent of unlocking it is a trophy hunter to me; no completion rate or trophy count will change my thoughts. Whether it is one trophy or a thousand trophies, if they have the intent of unlocking a trophy, they are a trophy hunter.

can't really judge as i don't know how many trophies or their completion rate is. 4 platinums could easily mean that they are starting to get 100% in their games but it can't really classify if they are a trophy hunter or not

:dunno:

I think it was maybe 30 percent, that doesn't matter, he doesn't either, people are too lenient when it comes to calling someone a trophy hunter, I hunted a trophy 2 years back, call me the trophy hunter, I had a race when I was four, call me the professional Olympic sprinter. Not how it works. If he puts in a game, looks at the game looks at the trophies then actively goes for them, he's hunting trophies, if set person does that with every game he plays, he's a trophy hunter in my opinion.  

If this guy was only hunting rare bronze which seems stupid and a little ass backwards it would make my original, are you hunting bronze correct, the dude literally is hunting bronze, so this hypothetical person is hunting rare bronze but won't hunt rare plats? get off dude, not gonna happen, well it might, but it would be a huge fucking waste of time, buying games for a rare bronze is just insane.

The community doesn't have to make rules, I asked for everyones opinion on it, their definition, some more lenient than others but what the heck, I got what I asked for. 

Everyone doesn't have to share your opinion of what they enjoy. It is quite possible someone could have more enjoyment having a profile full of rare bronze trophies instead of a bunch of platinums. To take your hunting analogy into effect, some people prefer to hunt deer and spend money to hunt deer. Why don't those people spend the money to hunt bear or moose? It would be a huge waste of time to pay to hunt deer when you can bag much bigger game, right?

Parker

I think a trophy hunter is anyone that goes out of their way or plans to unlock a trophy. People that played the Walking Dead: The Game from beginning to end will have the platinum. However, a good majority probably played it strictly for the story and enjoyment. In the process, they unlocked all the core trophies. I don't think trophy count, type of trophies, or completion rate really screams trophy hunter. That could all be coincidental. Someone that unlocks a trophy with the actual intent of unlocking it is a trophy hunter to me; no completion rate or trophy count will change my thoughts. Whether it is one trophy or a thousand trophies, if they have the intent of unlocking a trophy, they are a trophy hunter.

And I agree 100%.

Everyone doesn't have to share your opinion of what they enjoy. It is quite possible someone could have more enjoyment having a profile full of rare bronze trophies instead of a bunch of platinums. To take your hunting analogy into effect, some people prefer to hunt deer and spend money to hunt deer. Why don't those people spend the money to hunt bear or moose? It would be a huge waste of time to pay to hunt deer when you can bag much bigger game, right?

Parker

To hunt rare bronze would cost you waaay more money then to just buy games for plats, being a trophy hunter and going for plats is expensive, being a trophy hunter and strictly going for rare bronze and kill your wallet completely and no one would appreciate your achievements because it's mixed up with all the ordinary bronze trophies. Deer is good enough, may as well call the deer the plat and the moose/bear the hannah montannas and the terminator salvations of the hunting game.   

can't really judge as i don't know how many trophies or their completion rate is. 4 platinums could easily mean that they are starting to get 100% in their games but it can't really classify if they are a trophy hunter or not

:dunno:

I agree with this.

I also need to add, I think the definition of "trophy hunter" is, don't laugh, a person who hunts trophies.  If you're just obtaining the trophies as you play without actively looking to get them, you're not a trophy hunter.  You need to actively look for them, on purpose, to be considered a trophy hunter.

Plus, adding a little to Absolute Brawl3r post up there, you can't make this judgement just based on their number of trophies alone.  There's a lot of info to consider: when they started hunting trophies (they might have started only recently), what games they're playing (some games have some ridiculously hard to get trophies.  Heck, no one seems to have obtained the Platinum in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2), how much time they spend playing games, what method they use (they might go after all the trophies in a game before moving to others or all the bronzes in all games before moving to silvers, for instance), what platforms they use (they might not play only on the PS3 and might hunt achievements on Steam or a Xbox360), etc.

Or they might simply be terrible at trophy hunting.  It doesn't mean they're not trying it.

And I agree 100%.

To hunt rare bronze would cost you waaay more money then to just buy games for plats, being a trophy hunter and going for plats is expensive, being a trophy hunter and strictly going for rare bronze and kill your wallet completely and no one would appreciate your achievements because it's mixed up with all the ordinary bronze trophies. Deer is good enough, may as well call the deer the plat and the moose/bear the hannah montannas and the terminator salvations of the hunting game.   

It doesn't have to be. You don't have to buy a set number of games to be a trophy hunter. If you buy three games a year and go out of your way to earn some trophies you can call yourself a trophy hunter. Like I said earlier, being a trophy hunter doesn't mean you have to show off. Just because someone doesn't appreciate a bunch of bronze trophies shouldn't diminish personal satisfaction if that is something you're going for. 

Deer is good enough? Deer are everywhere and extremely common, kinda like bronze trophies. Bear and moose would be much closer to silver and gold trophies. 

Parker

Edited by Parker
  • Like 1

It doesn't have to be. You don't have to buy a set number of games to be a trophy hunter. If you buy three games a year and go out of your way to earn some trophies you can call yourself a trophy hunter. Like I said earlier, being a trophy hunter doesn't mean you have to show off. Just because someone doesn't appreciate a bunch of bronze trophies shouldn't diminish personal satisfaction if that is something you're going for. 

Deer is good enough? Deer are everywhere and extremely common, kinda like bronze trophies. Bear and moose would be much closer to silver and gold trophies. 

Parker

Deer is not enough to feed yourself with? if we're hunting for fun here, why not throw hippo's, lions and Elephants into the mix, My point is, why take a rare bronze when you can take a much more rare platinum? Of course it's about personal satisfaction, but no one can appreciate a rare bronze, you can't find them without looking they aren't just there in the open like plats are, you have to tell and show someone, and be like, oh hey look John, here's my rare bronze, when you could be, hey here's my rare plat, it's one of the hardest games to plat, that in turn means it will have other rare trophies, rare bronzes ect so it makes no sense to go for rare bronze, it costs too much, and playing a game just for a rare bronze is insane, you literally have no chance of enjoying the game, you could get it half way the story and then be, oh well I got it, time to go to the next game, it's just awkward in every way.

Deer is not enough to feed yourself with? if we're hunting for fun here, why not throw hippo's, lions and Elephants into the mix, My point is, why take a rare bronze when you can take a much more rare platinum? Of course it's about personal satisfaction, but no one can appreciate a rare bronze, you can't find them without looking they aren't just there in the open like plats are, you have to tell and show someone, and be like, oh hey look John, here's my rare bronze, when you could be, hey here's my rare plat, it's one of the hardest games to plat, that in turn means it will have other rare trophies, rare bronzes ect so it makes no sense to go for rare bronze, it costs too much, and playing a game just for a rare bronze is insane, you literally have no chance of enjoying the game, you could get it half way the story and then be, oh well I got it, time to go to the next game, it's just awkward in every way.

Or you know, you could play the story of the game and if you get it cool, you finish the story and if you don't get it you can play again and go for the trophy. A trophy hunter doesn't have to play games just for trophies, they can enjoy actually playing the game and earning trophies is just icing on that cake. Again, just because you personally aren't impressed by rare bronze trophies doesn't mean everyone else shares that opinion. 

I think you're also missing the self satisfaction point too. If you enjoy earning rare bronze trophies you don't have to show off or tell anyone why it is rare or cool, you simply look at it and enjoy knowing that you managed to get a trophy you were going for. 

Parker