Yo man I'm a trophy hunter, I hunt bronze.

rgeGeo

Deer is not enough to feed yourself with? if we're hunting for fun here, why not throw hippo's, lions and Elephants into the mix, My point is, why take a rare bronze when you can take a much more rare platinum? Of course it's about personal satisfaction, but no one can appreciate a rare bronze, you can't find them without looking they aren't just there in the open like plats are, you have to tell and show someone, and be like, oh hey look John, here's my rare bronze, when you could be, hey here's my rare plat, it's one of the hardest games to plat, that in turn means it will have other rare trophies, rare bronzes ect so it makes no sense to go for rare bronze, it costs too much, and playing a game just for a rare bronze is insane, you literally have no chance of enjoying the game, you could get it half way the story and then be, oh well I got it, time to go to the next game, it's just awkward in every way.

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of personal satisfaction.  When I started hunting trophies for a couple of games, I did it because I wanted to beat the challenge.  I couldn't care less if other people never find out about my trophies.  If it's personal satisfaction, it's to make you feel good about yourself, and it should be enough for you.  If you're doing it to show off, then it's not about personal satisfaction, it's about boosting your ego.  It sounds the same, but it's precisely the opposite.  If you need to show off your achievement to others, then you don't have personal satisfaction, since you're looking for the approval of others, because what you think of you is not enough.

Plus, just because you can't appreciate a rare bronze it doesn't mean others can't.  I feel it's an achievement more worthy of praise than a platinum.  Rare bronzes are notably rarer than platinums, and since you have to look for them to find them it means those who see your rare bronzes actually care enough to look how much effort it took you.  So, even if your interest is boosting your ego, a rare bronze should be the way to go.

And you say that "playing a game just for a rare bronze is insane".  I counter with the obvious fact that playing a game just for any trophy is insane.  You should play games for fun.  And you should hunt for trophies for challenge.  Doing any of those just to show off to strangers on the internet is nonsensical.

The grade of a trophy along with it's rarity shouldn't really matter, as long as they are actively going for trophies they are a trophy hunter. Look at my profile for example, I have 200 games started (some of which I no longer own by the way), yet only 27 platinums, and out of my 3,846 trophies, 3,087 of them are bronze, that's more than 75%. Like others have stated, trophy hunting is an act of self-satisfaction, so someone's opinion on another's trophy list is a non-issue.

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of personal satisfaction.  When I started hunting trophies for a couple of games, I did it because I wanted to beat the challenge.  I couldn't care less if other people never find out about my trophies.  If it's personal satisfaction, it's to make you feel good about yourself, and it should be enough for you.  If you're doing it to show off, then it's not about personal satisfaction, it's about boosting your ego.  It sounds the same, but it's precisely the opposite.  If you need to show off your achievement to others, then you don't have personal satisfaction, since you're looking for the approval of others, because what you think of you is not enough.

Plus, just because you can't appreciate a rare bronze it doesn't mean others can't.  I feel it's an achievement more worthy of praise than a platinum.  Rare bronzes are notably rarer than platinums, and since you have to look for them to find them it means those who see your rare bronzes actually care enough to look how much effort it took you.  So, even if your interest is boosting your ego, a rare bronze should be the way to go.

And you say that "playing a game just for a rare bronze is insane".  I counter with the obvious fact that playing a game just for any trophy is insane.  You should play games for fun.  And you should hunt for trophies for challenge.  Doing any of those just to show off to strangers on the internet is nonsensical.

Yeah dude you read it wrong, I meant no one can appreciate your bronze trophy unless you point it out, sure you can be satisfied by it yourself and that's great, but no one will know, it's plain for everyone too see if you got a platinum, playing for trophies is not insane, if you find it fun then great but I can't see someone having fun and justifying spending loads of money just for a rare bronze. No one cares about the rare bronze you got, people care for the plats, why do you think people hand out medals at the olympics? so you can show off your achievements, show world, look I ran this this and I win it by a fucking a mile, people can see the medal and say, yeah he's fucking legit. That's the point, being proud of your achievements.  

The grade of a trophy along with it's rarity shouldn't really matter, as long as they are actively going for trophies they are a trophy hunter. Look at my profile for example, I have 200 games started (some of which I no longer own by the way), yet only 27 platinums, and out of my 3,846 trophies, 3,087 of them are bronze, that's more than 75%. Like others have stated, trophy hunting is an act of self-satisfaction, so someone's opinion on another's trophy list is a non-issue.

Yeah sure, each to there own, but the whole point of having trophies is to show it off a little, that's why they are trophies, you put 'em in your cabinet and people come around to your home and see all the shit you've achieved, does the person who achieved care? No maybe not, but the world knows you fucked shit up and you got the trophy to prove it, self satisfaction is great, being proud of what you've achieved too, they both go hand in hand.

The whole "no one can appreciate your rare bronze trophy" argument is fundamentally flawed. We're a gaming community, so we inherently know which games have difficult trophies and can respect the effort a fellow gamer has put in to get that trophy.

With regard to the trophy cabinet, there is one available on the site to show off our shiny uber rare trophies (whether they be bronze, silver, gold or platinum) So as a gaming community we can have that mutual respect/admiration for someone who grinded hours for that ultra rare whatever.

As far as the none-gaming community are concerned, I'm sure they don't give a shit about trophies whether they be rare or not, or for that matter whether you have 4 or 400 Platinums.

With regard to the person you're referring to, what if they "shock horror" didn't enjoy the games enough to grind for the platinum. It happens and with so many good games this generation, why spend time playing a game you hate when you could be playing something you love....trophy hunter or not!

Can you just stop with this infinite arguing?

I pretty much think that the OP is a funny guy, but very little people here got his sense of humor. Have you seen his presentation to the forums? I won't post the link, move your lazy butt and look yourself for it.

Two people above already stated my point of view, hunting is going for something. If you do anything in your ps3 with the intent of getting a trophy, it is hunting. If you get it randomly (like 5 crashes in a row at GTA 4), that's just natural gaming. A platinum is just a (general) proof that your hunting came to an end on the base game trophies, so many plats will, of course, mean that you've finished a lot of hunts.

If you have a rifle, you can say you are a Hunter. If you have a lot of dead animals heads on your house, then people will know that you are a sucessful Hunter. Buying the heads from someone else is like hacking the trophies.

i never call my self a trophy hunter or what the world called it " trophy whore "  the first time i got my ps3 i used to play the games i have heard a lot's of peoples talking about like infamous, killzone 2 and uncharted, or mostly the games that i know from ps1 or 2 if it got a sequel on ps3 or something like that, back then in the ps1 or 2 i used to be a fantic to unlock every bonuses like extra weapons costume cheats etc.

now they replace all that with trophies while these bonus that you should normally unlock is now became DLC's,  so after i beat a game and get bored of it i'll try to collect their trophies if i saw them easy and possible for me to plat i'll do it, if it's not or full of online stupid trophies i'll leave it or collect what i can.

other games i actually play them for the fun intention and not for the trophies.

oh and one more thing i just notice that you can see the difference between someone playing a game for the love of the game" skilled players " and someone who's only care for trophies, like when i play with a japanese person RE 5 or 6 or some of these beat-em-up games like tekken etc. i can find the person is really skilled and when i look at their PSN ID i found that they're like at level 3 or 6 and they haven't even 100% most of their games while when i played with some peoples who's caring only for trophies they usually ask for boosting and once they get what they wanted they'll leave and some of them will added you as a friend like a thank you message.. most of them arn't very skilled.... so you can't tell how skilled player this person or that depending on how many trophies he or she have collected.

Edited by yellowwindow7

Each To Their Own.

As for no one can appreciates your bronze trophies, I wasn`t aware you spoke for the whole community. They are people who just appreciate that you put some effort forth into it.

Btw TheYuriG, I find this guy less funny and more swaying towards him having an elitist attitude or very intolerant to people with limited platinums or lots of bronze trophies. A trophy hunter is a person who puts forth an effort no matter how small or big it is.

I end this with what I said to start, each to their own.

• Like 1

I believe that everyone is a trophy hunter. Some are better than the others. Some don't have alot of time like others have to get trophies. And some people play just for fun. I used to play day and night to get trophies. I used to have tons of time on my hands so i would platinum games like Twisted Metal and Red Dead Redemption. But now that i have set a goal for my career, i don't have as much time to play anymore. Now i only play about 5 to 30 minutes daily and there's times where i won't get a trophy for a week or two. That doesn't mean i'm not a trophy hunter. I just have more important things to do now. 

• Like 1

I'll say the same thing I've said in the past few "What makes a trophy hunter" threads I've seen. If you've got the will and are working towards obtaining trophies in games you play, even if you don't get many of them, you're still a "trophy hunter". If you're a bronze hero with few platinums, I'll still respect it. Can't really knock somebody for having a limited interest.

Btw TheYuriG, I find this guy less funny and more swaying towards him having an elitist attitude or very intolerant to people with limited platinums or lots of bronze trophies. A trophy hunter is a person who puts forth an effort no matter how small or big it is.

I think he is funny, see his girlfriend presentation here. He doesn't talk really seriously in 80% of his posts until he goes with "In all seriousness", then it's serious. He is not an asshole, he is just a misunderstood funny guy. You may hate me for coming in his defense, but i'm just saying what i think it's the right thing to say. I don't think he was elitist either, he was just commenting how ironic was the guy saying himself as a trophy Hunter. I DO believe that there are people that hunts any trophy and are not very good, but i believe even more that he wouldn't create this thread if he thought that was the case.

My oppinion? He met a child who thinks that is cool calling himself a trophy Hunter because he saw that title somewhere and created this thread to make a joke about it.

• Like 1

Each To Their Own.

As for no one can appreciates your bronze trophies, I wasn`t aware you spoke for the whole community. They are people who just appreciate that you put some effort forth into it.

I end this with what I said to start, each to their own.

Jesus Christ, what's with the accusations of me being an elitist? holy shit xD I don't care about anyones trophies, really couldn't care less, my point was no one can appreciate bronze trophies, because no one but the person who got them, knows they exist, because they get lost in the swarm of other trophies. Dude I have like 6 fucking platinum's, don't what you want and have fun, my point was you can't appreciate what you don't know exists. And know I don't want to speak for the community, fuck that. 

I think he is funny, see his girlfriend presentation here. He doesn't talk really seriously in 80% of his posts until he goes with "In all seriousness", then it's serious. He is not an asshole, he is just a misunderstood funny guy. You may hate me for coming in his defense, but i'm just saying what i think it's the right thing to say. I don't think he was elitist either, he was just commenting how ironic was the guy saying himself as a trophy Hunter. I DO believe that there are people that hunts any trophy and are not very good, but i believe even more that he wouldn't create this thread if he thought that was the case.

My oppinion? He met a child who thinks that is cool calling himself a trophy Hunter because he saw that title somewhere and created this thread to make a joke about it.

I think I'm in love..

my point was no one can appreciate bronze trophies, because no one but the person who got them, knows they exist, because they get lost in the swarm of other trophies...

We're a gaming/trophy focused community, of course we know bronze trophies exist. They don't really get lost in a swarm of other trophies because they are the most regular in game achievement.

As for rare bronze trophies, a lot of people know which games are difficult to complete. E.g. Catherine - a lot of the Babel stages have bronze trophies & I'm aware they are a pain to beat, so when I see someone has played this game, it makes me want to look at their trophies & appreciate/admire their achievement.

I know you have said you couldn't care less about anyone's trophies, but you obviously care enough to start this topic on the back of someone's profile you have seen.

Edited by RachP13
  • Like 1

We're a gaming/trophy focused community, of course we know bronze trophies exist. They don't really get lost in a swarm of other trophies because they are the most regular in game achievement.

As for rare bronze trophies, a lot of people know which games are difficult to complete. E.g. Catherine - a lot of the Babel stages have bronze trophies & I'm aware they are a pain to beat, so when I see someone has played this game, it makes me want to look at their trophies & appreciate/admire their achievement.

I know you have said you couldn't care less about anyone's trophies, but you obviously care enough to start this topic on the back of someone's profile you have seen.

Holy shit.. why does everyone just assume bullshit in these forums xD so frustrating.. you have this viewpoint so you're definitely this... I hope you guys are trolling, I never knew the was a congregation for ignorance, if you had a rare bronze trophy I'd never know about... I don't look at trophy cabinets and don't add people who have loads of platinum's because I just don't give a shit.. jesus christ... no doubt you guys will assume something else about me too, I like planes guys, does that mean I support them being flown into buildings? No xD But I'm sure one guy here will assume I do.

I didn't start this topic when any intentions other than asking everyone what they think a trophy hunter is, that's it, I used that guy as an example because he claimed to be a trophy hunter and I wanted to know what you guys thought on that, I don't remember saying, holy shit look at his plat count, this guy sucks ass as is no where as good as me and my 10 plats -____-

Seems like most of you guys run an elitist team of assumption makers.

I have 241 games played and 42 platinums, just because I haven't platimuned every game does that not make me a trophy hunter? 

What? are you stupid, of course not, you're a trophy hunter if you actively seek trophies when you play games, you look at the trophy list when you put a new game in and actively go for them, that makes you a hunter. According to ME and everyone else.