Do you think should Infallible trophy be removed/altered?

Realtione

1 minute ago, Alos88 said:

Not removed. But allow us to filter out team matches if we choose- the trophy should be a reflection of individual skill and not getting lucky with your team on top  of that.

Somewhat true. There are already plenty of people griefing in team games in order to boost their teammates for the trophy, also a bunch of newbies throwing out the games. The question is whether trophy would be more achievable in the future as player count *theoretically* goes down and players are more experienced? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Realtione said:

Somewhat true. There are already plenty of people griefing in team games in order to boost their teammates for the trophy, also a bunch of newbies throwing out the games. The question is whether trophy would be more achievable in the future as player count *theoretically* goes down and players are more experienced? 

That's the other problem with the trophy- it actively sucks the fun out of team games because of people ruining the fun to try and get it/help their friends. Even the people who enjoy the team matches are sufffering because of it. 

I can see them changing it at some point, probably by reducing the requirements to something more plausible e.g. 3 wins in a row or adding an alt requirement in the vein of the Mass Effect trophies.

I 100% agree that not all games should be trophy free-for-alls like the Rata titles but including a single rock hard trophy in an otherwise decent list just so the devs can troll players, just smacks of doucheyness. You can have a decently challenging list without resorting to trophies that are luck based or insanely grindy but such lists are rare these days and usually fall either on the "so easy they're boring" or "so hard they're off putting" ends of the scale.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

Absolutely not. We have all been spoiled by how easy trophies are these days. I want more games to make them actually, I don't know, a reward for doing something challenging... instead of just a "good job for playing our game, here's a stack of trophies and if you want the rest do some side missions and fuck off" like so many are now.

3 minutes ago, mizimmer said:

Just out of curiosity,  has there ever been a case were the devs actually changed the trophy requieremts (made it easier to get it) after the game had been released?

Yes, plenty. Can't think of any off the top of my head, but plenty. Closest I could think of is Blacklight on PS4 when it was like prestige once or something but then they changed the level up system and it was basically like a fraction of as many level ups as it used to be, I barely played it and after the changeup it auto popped for me and I was on like prestige 7 by the new setup.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mizimmer said:

Just out of curiosity,  has there ever been a case were the devs actually changed the trophy requieremts (made it easier to get it) after the game had been released?

Yes.  I can give one example for a small game, but I would suppose there are a few more.  N++ used to require you to beat every episode in, solo, solo legacy, coop, and legacy coop, for the "achieve enlightenment" trophy.  I little bit into the games release it was changed to where you "only" have to beat all the solo and solo legacy episodes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mizimmer said:

Just out of curiosity,  has there ever been a case were the devs actually changed the trophy requirements (made it easier to get it) after the game had been released?

Post launch trophy changes happen a lot, with Rainbow Six Siege, Destiny, Destiny 2, Rocket League and the Division 2 being the most recent examples. Minecraft has had several trophy changes over the years, though most of them were for the worst and made them harder instead of easier.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

41 minutes ago, Realtione said:

That is not a solution, that is ignoring which is not merely the discussion here.

I mean, it is. If you're really that bothered then don't play the game or alternatively, Play the game and get the trophy and if you cant, then don't.

I don't see why they would have to change or remove a trophy because it's difficult. If every trophy was easy then there would be no point in going for them. I'll admit it's going to be a tough one to get but that's how it is.

31 minutes ago, Miss_Valkyria said:

The trophy is abit unfair but such is life. The best trophy lists are the rare ones. I probably won't get it but I'm not losing sleep over it. They shouldn't change it to please a few people. Although I would like them to add more trophies in future dlc though. Free or otherwise

Exactly. I like to have a challenge and while I may not get the 5 wins, it gives me something to go for. Future DLC trophies would be good too. New game modes, item pickups etc.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The_UW_98 said:

I mean, it is. If you're really that bothered then don't play the game or alternatively, Play the game and get the trophy and if you cant, then don't.

I don't see why they would have to change or remove a trophy because it's difficult. If every trophy was easy then there would be no point in going for them. I'll admit it's going to be a tough one to get but that's how it is.

Exactly. I like to have a challenge and while I may not get the 5 wins, it gives me something to go for. Future DLC trophies would be good too. New game modes, item pickups etc.

No, it is not. Let me kindly remember you guys that the topic regards to the trophy's fate not mine. Who cares if I should play the game or not or whether should I go for the trophy. I already claimed myself as 'not' a trophy hunter. If I was bothered that much I could hack my way through the achievement list on steam.

Whatever, I want a healthy discussion here regarding the trophies' future. I don't like the trophy myself but I did not suggest anything regarding it should be removed at all costs. Yeah, it is a dev decision but it could be changed easily if they feel oppressed. There were plenty of cases that are already have been pointed out in the thread. 

I mean... I won't go for the trophy specifically at this time point where everyone is griefing, boosting and when there is server issues. Never said I am losing sleep over it so it's bold to say someone 'don't play the game then! '

• Like 4

I don't believe the trophy should be removed or altered. Devs already mentioned there will be easier ways how to obtain it, which is good enough compromise. We have trophy sets easy and hard, there should be something for everyone, imo. 

However I do agree that team games can hinder trophy attempts on top of competing with another 59 players, 5 times in row. 

One way or another, it is damn fun game to play.

1 minute ago, McDermottx94 said:

I can see them introducing SOLO-ONLY and MIXED as modes. That would be the only reasonable change for this trophy though considering the whole point of the trophy (minus disconnection and team issues) is to showcase your "skill". I know luck plays part in a few of the games but things like Hex and Mountain Race are fairly skill based IMO.

Tbh this would the best solution. Fall Mountain is sort of luck oriented as well but there are def. strategies for hex-a-gone and Royal Fumble. Especially I saw (and achieved once) some guys who didn't lose their tail at all for 2 min straight. Hex-a-gone frustrating when you face off with a squad trying to eliminate everyone and boost their teammate. 

• Like 2