Do you think should Infallible trophy be removed/altered?

Realtione

2 hours ago, REAPER4536 said:

I

I knew one person who did it legit at the beginning but other than that and my self included, everyone used the exploit. It was still damn hard but I have to say GG for the 47 achievers who got it this year. Impressive that they got it somehow and beat the bad chances of randomness, bad luck, not having luck and the skill of many player by now

I was the 21st fastest to achieve and got it legit as well. Even posted a video of all 5 wins. 

3 hours ago, sn4pper92 said:

We have 47 achievers only on psnprofiles this year (13 days). Really much I think. There will be hundreds more at the end of the year. Doable? Yes! 

The Exploit was removed on September 2020. 

So many players did it without. It's no excuse anymore to point on that damn exploit, which was removed month ago. 

And well, I tried it with the exploit and did not get Infallible. At this time I was just to bad. 

I kept playing and in the end I got infallible legit without the exploit. 

Even with the exploit, it was hard af. So don't blame any player who used it. 

Most of that was with the new hexagon only map, which is 20 people total and only 3 rounds.  Before that, it was a ghost town for people earning the trophy once the exploit was patched.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

Most of that was with the new hexagon only map, which is 20 people total and only 3 rounds.  Before that, it was a ghost town for people earning the trophy once the exploit was patched.

And that's a problem? Chances to do it like that will return. 

14 minutes ago, sn4pper92 said:

And that's a problem? Chances to do it like that will return. 

Never said it was a problem.  Just explaining the dynamic.  Modes like this increase the odds (still low but the first real chance at it since the exploit was patched).

This is probably not the right thread for this - but is a Legendary Pattern ever going to be available?

I don't think I've ever seen one. I don't play the game everyday so I might have missed it. But I usually check at least 2-3 times in a week and I've been doing that for the last 2 months and I've never seen a Legendary Pattern. 

4 hours ago, janzor88 said:

lol thats not math, just rubbish.

You're just assuming a lot of wrong things, and coming up with an irrelevant number.

The playerbase is not equally good in any game, and since they introduced the themed games, it's much easier.

3 rounds of hexagone repeated is so much easier, than playing 4-5 rounds of luck based team games and so on.

Wow. Did you read all the words I used? The figure is correct and absolutely relevant. If you are an average player, you have an exactly one in 777.6m chance of winning five in a row. To earn five wins in the 60-player mode, those are the odds you must overcome with your skill/risk minimisation.

Hadn't heard of the Hex-a-gone minigame until the subsequent comments. Even so, if what I'm reading is accurate and it's a 20-player mode, the odds are still one in 3.2m for the average player.

Edited by ryanofx92
Hex

18 minutes ago, jackbauer003 said:

This is probably not the right thread for this - but is a Legendary Pattern ever going to be available?

I don't think I've ever seen one. I don't play the game everyday so I might have missed it. But I usually check at least 2-3 times in a week and I've been doing that for the last 2 months and I've never seen a Legendary Pattern. 

It's rng. I spent about 2-3 months checking the shop everyday and buying the cheaper stuff to finally get it. 

4 minutes ago, ryanofx92 said:

Wow. Did you read all the words I used? The figure is correct and absolutely relevant. If you are an average player, you have an exactly one in 777.6m chance of winning five in a row. To earn five wins in the 60-player mode, those are the odds you must overcome with your skill/risk minimisation.

Hadn't heard of the Hex-a-gone minigame until the subsequent comments. Even so, if what I'm reading is accurate and it's a 20-player mode, the odds are still one in 3.2m for the average player.

That's assuming everyone has equal odds of winning....which is incorrect, so yes your whole comment is irrelevant and wrong. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ryanofx92 said:

You don't see how the maths demonstrates the kind of skill gap required to earn this legit? Wow.

Your so called "math" dosn't demonstrate anything, as your assumptions are wrong in the first place.

Over 50 people out of probably sub thousand people who still grind this (1,037 recent players), have earned the Infallible trophy in the last two weeks.

50 people out of 1000 grinding  = 5% who have beaten your "1 out of 777.600.000 odds" in two weeks.

Sure makes sense!

1 hour ago, jackbauer003 said:

Probablemente este no sea el hilo adecuado para esto, pero ¿alguna vez estará disponible un patrón legendario?

Creo que nunca he visto uno. No juego todos los días, por lo que es posible que me lo haya perdido. Pero por lo general reviso al menos 2-3 veces a la semana y lo he estado haciendo durante los últimos 2 meses y nunca he visto un patrón legendario. 

I think the store is random for everyone. and it is not necessary to buy the cheap ones since it is totally lucky that the legendary one comes out. I'm waiting Legendary pattern :(

14 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

Your so called "math" dosn't demonstrate anything, as your assumptions are wrong in the first place.

Over 50 people out of probably sub thousand people who still grind this (1,037 recent players), have earned the Infallible trophy in the last two weeks.

50 people out of 1000 grinding  = 5% who have beaten your "1 out of 777.600.000 odds" in two weeks.

Sure makes sense!

Using 1,037 people as a player base makes little sense since it only counts people who have recently earned a trophy.  So many are past that point.

As noted above, the hexagon mode (20 ppl total) and only 3 rounds increases the chances a lot.

He will simply pointing out the odds for an AVERAGE player (not an elite or even very skilled) in 60 people episodes.  No need to jump him.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 2

Just now, djb5f said:

Using 1,037 people as a player base makes little sense since it only counts people who have recently earned a trophy.  So many are past that point.

As noted above, the hexagon mode (20 ppl total) and only 3 rounds increases the chances a lot.

He will simply pointing out the odds for an AVERAGE player (not an elite)in 60 people episodes.  No need to jump him.

It makes alot of sense, since only a small number of those people are going after the platinum.
Most people are just casuals enjoying different games, so I was being generous with the number in his favour.

The Infallible achievers have been fairly stable, since they fixed the bug that prevented people getting the trophy when meeting the requirements.

His number has nothing to do with "skill gap" as he keeps stating.

4 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

It makes alot of sense, since only a small number of those people are going after the platinum.
Most people are just casuals enjoying different games, so I was being generous with the number in his favour.

The Infallible achievers have been fairly stable, since they fixed the bug that prevented people getting the trophy when meeting the requirements.

His number has nothing to do with "skill gap" as he keeps stating.

Infallible achievers fell off a cliff between the time the exploit was fixed and the new hexagon limited mode.  More modes like that will definitely increase the achievers.

Very few completed it legitimately in full 60 people modes without the exploit - and it was still very difficult/time consuming then and often required a coordinated effort.

1 minute ago, djb5f said:

Infallible achievers fell off a cliff between the time the exploit was fixed and the new hexagon limited mode.  More modes like that will definitely increase the achievers.

Very few completed it legitimately in full 60 people modes without the exploit - and it was still very difficult/time consuming then and often required a coordinated effort.

I agree.
This game was a pain in the ass trophy wise.

6 hours ago, janzor88 said:

Sure makes sense!

My assumption allowed for the exact average player and that was being used as the basis for comparison. It's not difficult to understand.

You are the one making baseless assumptions here. You have no idea how many are still going for this trophy and no way of knowing. Your numbers are pure speculation. You also conveniently ignored what YOU brought up to use against me (the 20-player mode making it easier) then claimed you were bending the numbers in MY favour.

Are you still questioning the numbers I presented? Have you ever sat a statistics class?

7 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

That's assuming everyone has equal odds of winning....which is incorrect, so yes your whole comment is irrelevant and wrong. 

I didn't say everyone has an equal chance of winning.... So yes, your whole comment is irrelevant and wrong.

Edited by ryanofx92
Stop censoring me, Daiv!

9 minutes ago, ryanofx92 said:

I didn't say everyone has an equal chance of winning.... So yes, your whole comment is irrelevant and wrong.

You didn't say it, but your math only makes sense if it does. In truth, many, many, many factors can influence it, so using maths here doesn't make any sense.

1 minute ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

You didn't say it, but your math only makes sense if it does. In truth, many, many, many factors can influence it, so using maths here doesn't make any sense.

The average player wins one in 60 games, and therefore has a 777.6m to one chance of winning five in a row. It's simple statistics.

The point being made is that the odds are so astronomically small to the average player that one must acquire a HUGE level of skill to shrink those odds down literally by hundreds of millions to give themselves a chance of achieving it.

What other factors are there other than skill and luck? Of course luck could go either way so is difficult to quantify and certainly can't be relied on.

In the context of the original post here, I think the numbers I've pointed out are massively relevant. I certainly don't think a trophy should be changed to be made easier in retrospect. If it's naturally made easier through game balancing, DLC, new game modes, etc. then that is fine, sure. However, I just don't think this trophy should've been in the game to begin with. It benefits neither the players nor the devs/publishers when there are trophies this difficult.

14 minutes ago, ryanofx92 said:

What other factors are there other than skill and luck? Of course luck could go either way so is difficult to quantify and certainly can't be relied on.

Almost infinite, if you come to think about it, but I'll list some of the most common ones: you having a team, others having a team, lagging, lots of team games being selected, mostly individual games being selected, people quitting, etc. Also, if skill is a factor, then the logic is void anyway, since not everyone has the same skill.

11 minutes ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

Almost infinite, if you come to think about it, but I'll list some of the most common ones: you having a team, others having a team, lagging, lots of team games being selected, mostly individual games being selected, people quitting, etc. Also, if skill is a factor, then the logic is void anyway, since not everyone has the same skill.

So statistics are irrelevant in anything that involves skill? Like every sport? Should we fire every sports scientist out there? Come on, dude. Of course there is skill and that is very, very relevant to my point.

Everything you listed there apart from being in a team is beyond one's control so essentially falls under luck. Being in a team would increase one's chances, sure. However, playing solo and coming up against teams in the team games would decrease one's chances. So the exact figure would be lower for those playing solo, and higher for those playing in a team. It would still be in the high millions to one, either way. What's your point?

Edited by ryanofx92

54 minutes ago, ryanofx92 said:

So statistics are irrelevant in anything that involves skill? Like every sport? Should we fire every sports scientist out there? Come on, dude. Of course there is skill and that is very, very relevant to my point.

In this case, it is irrelevant. Not everyone has the same skill, thus they don't have the same chances of winning. Or does a 10yo kid that just picked the game up for the first time have the same chance of winning as a guy who has played since the game launched?

54 minutes ago, ryanofx92 said:

Everything you listed there apart from being in a team is beyond one's control so essentially falls under luck. Being in a team would increase one's chances, sure. However, playing solo and coming up against teams in the team games would decrease one's chances. So the exact figure would be lower for those playing solo, and higher for those playing in a team. It would still be in the high millions to one, either way. What's your point?

The point is it still doesn't make sense. Again, for example, does someone who's lagging severely have the same chance of winning as someone with really smooth gameplay?

As someone said above, these maths would only make sense if each player was exactly the same, under the same conditions. Which is clearly not the case.