Do you think should Infallible trophy be removed/altered?

Realtione

On 8/10/2020 at 8:20 AM, droppingtherock said:

I'm just a casual trophy hunter, but I like the idea of rare and prestigious trophies, even if I'll never get them. While this trophy does represent a certain degree of luck, Fall Guys is a game that gets considerably easier once you know what you're doing. Obtaining this trophy probably represents more dedication than skill, but that's important too. I'm ok with it. I just hope people don't find a way to cheat. 

They did.  I'd say over half the people DID NOT earn the actual trophy legitimately, unlike what cake said on pg 2.  Its as simple as that.  Professional quitters with dedication have this trophy outside the most skillful/lucky fall guys.  This trophy probably has even more than 50 percent illegitimate earned users.  You were never meant to be able to quit, and any competition, we all know quitters never win.  Its cheating the system, to get your participation trophy.  That what it was, End of story.   Simply a bad trophy, and old news.  It really holds zero prestige to have it because people more than likely cheesed it in the rat race that was that first month of the game.  Its possible if you know every small trick in every mode, to do this and I commend your commitment, but if you're just above avg to good fall guy player, 5 wins in a row is laughably impossible.  The rarity is already ruined...  It should be sub .50%, instead its 1.7% ish.   

Its too bad for those that earned it legit.  Always be an * next to it.

Well just got a 3 episode win streak for the first time ever with Squads then ended up losing round 4 in Basketfall then won 5th in Fall Mountain which kind of killed my motivation so I kind of purposely played poorly on Knight Fever, Skyline Stumble, Whirlygig and some other tracks.
 Think I am done with trying to get this trophy haven't had much better luck with squads if I didn't get it tonight I was never getting it would have been nice if the other squad could have just lost.
 5 episode wins is just way too many for a list of things that can go wrong, and considering the amount of glitches in the game.
I already knew I wasn't going to get past the 3 mark either probably will never reach that again.

3 hours ago, Nightstream88 said:

Well just got a 3 episode win streak for the first time ever with Squads then ended up losing round 4 in Basketfall then won 5th in Fall Mountain which kind of killed my motivation so I kind of purposely played poorly on Knight Fever, Skyline Stumble, Whirlygig and some other tracks.
 Think I am done with trying to get this trophy haven't had much better luck with squads if I didn't get it tonight I was never getting it would have been nice if the other squad could have just lost.
 5 episode wins is just way too many for a list of things that can go wrong, and considering the amount of glitches in the game.
I already knew I wasn't going to get past the 3 mark either probably will never reach that again.

Don't get discouraged, I still remember how devastated I was right after losing my fifth final following a 4 streak, my heart was destroyed and I thought I would have never earned it. But I just kept trying and I got the Trophy two days later, and then I got again a 5 streak a couple of weeks later, it's way more doable than people think. If you are skilled enough to constantly reach the final/the later rounds, you will eventually get it, just keep trying and don't lose hope. ;)

A tip I can give is to try to spread the wins over different days: when I got the Trophy, I got 2 wins on a day, then I stopped playing, and I got 3 the next day, I think doing so can reduce the pressure a bit.

9 hours ago, Nightstream88 said:

Don't give up. Just try to find a really good squad as that really helps. But winning 5 in a row is really doable now with Squads.

Pretty sure what happened on the Basketfall round was I got double teamed, although running into to some of those glitches was kind of funny though from the Snowball Survival and Roll out.
 Suppose either that not sure what to do on getting better at in final rounds, even with squads kind of took me forever just to get to the 3 episode mark still not entirely convinced it will happen again. 
And with my luck I'll probably get 5 episode wins on the Switch version instead.
 Kind of wish they had a practice round so you can practice with AI on stages and try to improve on finals while I do know playing with human players is different from AI.

It can be done solo.  I don't have the skill but have been in parties with people that routinely run off 5+.  Remember, there are people out there winning a couple hundred a week, so it's definitely a skill thing.  More skill than people think.

Just got Infallible “legit” today in Squads with a group from the boosting session. We had played together the last few weekends, and after lots of practice (and some luck), we got it. We had had seven 3-streaks, but had never gotten past that. Today, 3 of our 5 finals were Hexagone with 13+ people, and we played very offensively to get the win (make holes, cut other players off, grab them, etc.) while one guy stayed near the top. Other two finals were the battery one, and Fall Ball, which we got lucky on. Fun side note: none of us had the trophy after the match. We had to restart the app to get it. My biggest tip is to go for your run mid-morning EST on weekends, when there’s more casual players and kids online.

Edited by olivetheturtle
  • Like 2

No, it shouldn't be changed. The only ones that should are ones that are truly obtainable, either by glitch or by some change of in game mechanics. 

I make the finals like 75% of the time. Now, I only win like 1/10 of those, but that's me. Occasionally it's just random bad luck that screws me but most of the time I lose its because someone played better or I just misplayed.

All that said, not every trophy needs to be earn able by the average gamer. And the rest of this list is easily doable given enough time. 

• Like 2

no, under no circumstances. I don't know why someone decided to think about it, since, once one or more people succeeded, that thought should be discarded. we are not talking about an impossible trophy; we are talking about an absurd trophy, highly unlikely but with scope for success. This would be an injustice to those who have already succeeded, it should be seen as a merit for individuals with a lot of patience and dedication. This thread should'nt even be a thing lol, this trophy was clearly a marketing attempt that worked. I don't know why trophy hunters have this habit of wanting to remove things from games, especially when things are working well. it doesn't matter that it is difficult, but jesus, do you want to remove something from a game just because it is difficult? I would understand in cases like Run Like The Wind and Big Leagues, and it would still be questionable and subject to much debate before any decision...

Edited by kevao97

On 8/10/2020 at 7:53 AM, mizimmer said:

Just out of curiosity,  has there ever been a case were the devs actually changed the trophy requieremts (made it easier to get it) after the game had been released?

Dirt 5, was " drive 10000 miles" changed to " drive 1000 miles"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I created a PSN group to join together more easily with 4 players in order to have a better chance of getting this famous trophy ?

Do not hesitate to me MP in PSN message (THMSPLAY) and specify that it is for FALL GUYS because I do not accept friend requests because of too many requests;)

PS: I'm Belgian (I speak French) we don't have to speak vocally

They have now made this trophy DEAD EASY with custom game! There should be no more complaining about Infallible ever again. Just popped the trophy for 3 friends tonight. Minimum number of players required is 4, time needed - less than 5 minutes for each person. So f-ing simple now, it actually feels stupid.

5 minutes ago, DysectorZA said:

They have now made this trophy DEAD EASY with custom game! There should be no more complaining about Infallible ever again. Just popped the trophy for 3 friends tonight. Minimum number of players required is 4, time needed - less than 5 minutes for each person. So f-ing simple now, it actually feels stupid.

They already said they plan on patching it, so it's not going to last forever.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:51 PM, SilkyJay86 said:

They did.  I'd say over half the people DID NOT earn the actual trophy legitimately, unlike what cake said on pg 2.  Its as simple as that.  Professional quitters with dedication have this trophy outside the most skillful/lucky fall guys.  This trophy probably has even more than 50 percent illegitimate earned users.  You were never meant to be able to quit, and any competition, we all know quitters never win.  Its cheating the system, to get your participation trophy.  That what it was, End of story.   Simply a bad trophy, and old news.  It really holds zero prestige to have it because people more than likely cheesed it in the rat race that was that first month of the game.  Its possible if you know every small trick in every mode, to do this and I commend your commitment, but if you're just above avg to good fall guy player, 5 wins in a row is laughably impossible.  The rarity is already ruined...  It should be sub .50%, instead its 1.7% ish.   

Its too bad for those that earned it legit.  Always be an * next to it.

Nobody earned it legit. lol

On 5/1/2021 at 0:35 PM, kevao97 said:

no, under no circumstances. I don't know why someone decided to think about it, since, once one or more people succeeded, that thought should be discarded. we are not talking about an impossible trophy; we are talking about an absurd trophy, highly unlikely but with scope for success. This would be an injustice to those who have already succeeded, it should be seen as a merit for individuals with a lot of patience and dedication. This thread should'nt even be a thing lol, this trophy was clearly a marketing attempt that worked. I don't know why trophy hunters have this habit of wanting to remove things from games, especially when things are working well. it doesn't matter that it is difficult, but jesus, do you want to remove something from a game just because it is difficult? I would understand in cases like Run Like The Wind and Big Leagues, and it would still be questionable and subject to much debate before any decision...

Nobody gets it "legitimately". People have definitely tried harder to get it illegitimately, but no one has gotten it legit.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CuteBoringLove said:

Nobody gets it "legitimately". People have definitely tried harder to get it illegitimately, but no one has gotten it legit.

Even people who obtained the trophy in the first days of the game? Why you so sure about this? Can't you believe that there are people who achieve great merits? winning that trophy legitimately shouldn't be statistically less unlikely than winning the lottery, my god lol.

58 minutes ago, CuteBoringLove said:

It's just my word and I don't think I can prove it, but I got it legitimately... Twice. First time playing in squads, and second time playing a combination of main show and slime survivors. I also lost the fifth final of thin ice trials after winning four in a row.

I don't say this to brag myself, but just to let you know that the trophy is achievable legitimately and obviously I am not the only one who got it for real. I'm not a pro player, I'm just an ordinary guy who loves Fall Guys so much that he plays it everyday and has a mediocre/decent win rate, and the Trophy came along. And it's not like I'm the only one, I know several people who got the Trophy legitimately as well and even had longer streaks.

I used to be mad because of this exploit but it's been more than a full day, I moved on. If people are happy in unlocking the Trophy without satisfying the requirements for real, good for them, I say it with no irony at all, really. It actually makes me feel even more proud of having obtained the 5 wins in a row legitimately.

By the way... Can we all agree that this is the most controversial Trophy of all time? ?

• Like 3

Slightly off topic from this topic but since this board is a bit more active now anyone know if Season 3 skins have been added to regular store yet or are we waiting until season 5 for that one?

Kind of hoping to get the bottom half of cuphead costume, cuphead emote, Aurora candle costume, Polar bear and mugman skins.
 I know it was an Amazon Prime skin, but hoping they bring back Slushie bear skin as well kind of wanted that one too
Still waiting for the 2nd half of the Sonic costume to show up in the store as well. 
 Think they need to add a 2nd row for skins and such with many of them that are out there now.

I'm not too bothered if anyone gets the trophy like this other things to be concerned with than a trophy, I would have done the same thing had I not got it in Squad shows already, and I did help someone get it like this in a group that I've been playing with.