Do you think should Infallible trophy be removed/altered?

Realtione

8 minutes ago, Lezonidas said:

If you play alone, even if you're Godlike in the game, the chances of winning 5 in a row are 1 in 1000 if we're being generous. 

Don't get me wrong getting 5 wins in a row does take a good bit of luck, I didn't get 5 wins in a row until I had just passed level 40, despite the fact I had won 50+ games by that point.

I'm just saying that people think that this trophy is entirely luck based when it is quite the opposite, I've been playing solo for the entire time and have gotten 5 wins in a row three times now, with my best winning streak being 10 wins a row.

You will lose your winning steaks many times due to bad luck or someone just being better than you, but If you practice and understand the best ways to win each game including team games, you have a good chance of eventually getting the trophy.

The trophies should stay that way, even they were poorly designed in the first place. 

Mediatonic won't see a penny from me because of their bragging before release and the state this game was released.

Addictive or not, this game is mediocre in technical terms.

• Like 2

I agree that trophies should reward skill... but completely disagree that they should  reward luck.

Skill is something that can be improved with patience and practice and hard work. Luck is just pure random chance. They are antithetical.

There's a lot to defend in even the hardest skill based trophy. The same cannot be said for luck-based ones.

• Like 2

I just managed to earn this trophy a second time playing on my partners account to help her earn some crowns for outfits, funnily enough this time it was very very simple. I'm unsure if I think the trophy should be changed or not. On one hand I think it might be too difficult to earn for a lot of players but then on the other I think if I managed it twice in 4 days then surely it can't be that hard. To those that think it is too RNG heavy then just know that there is also a lot of skill that can greatly increase your chances of winning here. I think at this point I hardly ever lose at Hex or Fall Mountain finals and win half the time on Tails. Most team games while you can't control it completely you can at least control it just enough to sway it into your favour (except team tails really).

12 minutes ago, KON007 said:

Don't get me wrong getting 5 wins in a row does take a good bit of luck, I didn't get 5 wins in a row until I had just passed level 40, despite the fact I had won 50+ games by that point.

I'm just saying that people think that this trophy is entirely luck based when it is quite the opposite, I've been playing solo for the entire time and have gotten 5 wins in a row three times now, with my best winning streak being 10 wins a row.

You will lose your winning steaks many times due to bad luck or someone just being better than you, but If you practice and understand the best ways to win each game including team games, you have a good chance of eventually getting the trophy.

The difference is that you got it when there were tons and tons and tons of inexperienced players, and you said yourself you had just passed lvl 40 (that's about 30 hours of playing if I'm not wrong). If it was hard for you, imagine in one month when 90% of the players know optimal routes and everything. You had 1 in a 1000 chance, and you played probably more than 300 episodes. Other people will need 1 in a 10.000 chance in a few months.

Edited by Lezonidas
  • Like 3

Honestly, I don't think it should be changed at this point, but I wouldn't really mind if it were, and I do believe it's was a dumb idea in the first place. See, the thing I dislike about this trophy isn't really that it's very hard and I'll probably never get it, it's just that it turns any win streak into a somewhat stressful experience, in a game that's otherwise designed to be mindless fun.

Normally, I don't tryhard and don't care too much if I lose, even on team games. But when I get 3 wins in a row, I start to dread Fall Ball, and even losing "fairly" becomes a bit frustrating.

Then again, some people have already obtained it, and changing it wouldn't be fair to them (to be honest, I wouldn't really care at all if I were in their shoes, but I understand someone might instead feel cheated).

Ah well, I believe the entire discussion about "trophies should be easy/hard" to be almost pointless anyway. I just see them as a matter of completion, not something worth bragging about; and that's why I honestly miss the time when you could decide yourself whether a game was fully completed or not, instead of having someone telling you to grind your character to level 200 for no reason.

1 hour ago, Realtione said:

If I remember correctly I've read sth about matchup being parallel to players' skill level. So, highly skilled gamers especially those who have a squad would have much more chance than a mediocre gamer. 

Problem is, if this is true, it means "highly skilled gamers" would be competing among each other, making the trophy even harder than it already is.

Though I personally believe the matchmake actually only consider your season level. My last 3 wins (in a row too!) were on Hexagone, and the opponents very obviously weren't using the usual strategy.

2 minutes ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

They've already announced that there will be other methods that may make it a bit easier in the future.

I think it's a bit silly to not want to play a game if you won't get the trophy. Just play it on an alt account if anything see if you even like the game.

For what? Supporting the Devs for their terrible trophy design? Game is already hyped despite its technical difficulties.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Lezonidas said:

The difference is that you got it when there were tons and tons and tons of inexperienced players, and you said yourself you had just passed lvl 40 (that's about 30 hours of playing if I'm not wrong). If it was hard for you, imagine in one month when 90% of the players know optimal routes and everything. You had 1 in a 1000 chance, and you played probably more than 300 episodes. Other people will need 1 in a 10.000 chance in a few months.

I will admit that I have seen the skill level of the player base increase over the last few days, for example with slime climb before you would be lucky if 4 people were to finish it and now I regularly see 8 people manage to complete it.

However my point still stands because people are getting better at the game, that means that more people will get better at team games and therefore winning games will be based more on a level of skill, instead of it being luck if you get a team of people who understand and are experienced with the game.

That was the main reason why I failed in the first few days, I would constantly lose at team games because i was partnered with players who where brand new to the game and didn't know how to play the game.

The reality of it is as time goes by, whether you get the trophy will be based more on overall skill rather than just getting lucky with team games. But luck will always play a part in getting this trophy, I won't deny that.

Plus I would like to add that I didn't like this trophy (Edit - and still don't despite the fact I earned the trophy) from the moment it was announced, even though I was confident in my abilities to get it. Since in my opinion it goes against the casual and light-hearted nature of the game. But it was the developers choice to add this trophy and whether I liked it or not, it is their game and I respect their decision to add this trophy. Even if it did cause me a lot of frustration lol. 

Edited by KON007
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

Like I said if it's that triggering, best to play an easier game. 

Clearly Fall Guys wasn't made for a younger target audience but for hardcore gamers. "Easier game", there is a difference between an easy game and a difficult trophy.

Just now, Thrillhelm said:

And again it isn't about easy trophies if there is such an element of luck in it.

Sooking is sooking at the end of the day. 

Again, devs have mentioned they might add methods to make it a bit "easier" they didn't realise they'd get so many people upset. 
Maybe just wait until something is done if it affects you to that degree.

I don't think the trophy should be removed or altered at this point, plenty of people have managed to pick it up so it's absolutely more than possible to obtain.  I've managed 3 wins in a row the past few days so hopefully I'll get there myself at some point.  If they make different ways to obtain it available in future seasons, then I think that's fair.

I'd love to see more trophies added in the future - things like:

- Come first in all the events

- Qualify in last place

This game is a tonne of fun, I've had a blast both playing in a group and playing solo.  Trophies shouldn't be the deciding factor whether to play this game imo

Edited by Mesopithecus

14 minutes ago, KON007 said:

However my point still stands because people are getting better at the game, that means that more people will get better at team games and therefore winning games will be based more on a level of skill, instead of it being luck if you get a team of people who understand and are experienced with the game.

This goes exactly vice versa. better players, even more luck based team is as you can't carry alone. First day I could single-handedly qualify whoopsie by scoring 15. Now all teams get +50 and I keep disqualifying

Edited by Somalias0n

3 minutes ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

Sooking is sooking at the end of the day. 

Again, devs have mentioned they might add methods to make it a bit "easier" they didn't realise they'd get so many people upset. 
Maybe just wait until something is done if it affects you to that degree.

Actually, no. What annoys me is the dev's approach and bragging, and generally their anti-trophyhunting stands. Also played the game a couple of times and while I see the dumb fun it offers I cannot ignore the technical issues.

Mediatonic has shown to me that they are poorly managing the situation and they can promise as much as they want - these practices will not be supported with any money of mine.

• Like 2