Do you think should Infallible trophy be removed/altered?

Realtione

On 9/4/2020 at 10:43 PM, Chr1s_H4ll said:

After finally getting it and achieving that sense of pride, I don't think it should be removed. I think the exploit should continue to be allowed. It's hard enough with it and the exploit gives a chance for those who want to attempt it. 

You didn't actually get it though.

• Like 1

I would say yes for a few reasons. One. I can get 2 wins in a row but right before i get my 3rd win the game kicks me out every Ffff time. 2nd the trolls on the team matches. The last 2 weeks any time a team comes up i know its over as everyone on my team trolls the team or B toss the match like with rock and roll last night i was the only one pushing the ball. 3rd when it comes to the tail games maybe its me but every time i lost my tail no body touch me and i lose it but when i go and try to get the tail back i have to touch them.

And what cheats has i haven't heard of any? Yes i love this game but i put trophy on the same page of the price is right decades no strike trophy alot of luck and hoping you don't get F

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

This thread is still on? Just pay  some poor soul to get the trophy for you and get this over with.

Look, not all trophies have to be "accessible" to anyone like in recent Sony games, that's the point of 'em, someone is able to get them through stronger perseverance or skill, while others not, just focus on something else.

Can you please not fucking bother offering people to pay for that trophy if they can't get it? Do you even notice that I have the plat meanwhile you do not have anything regarding Fall Guys? The topic is still on because PEOPLE STILL COMMENT ON THIS. And, there is still a good amount of people who actively comment on it, want it to be altered. Not my problem anymore. I just created the discussion topic, my time has passed. 

On 8/10/2020 at 8:43 AM, DaivRules said:

We are already at 186+ earners just on PSNProfiles.

The developer responded to a bunch of people claiming it would be impossible before the game was out and the trophy could be earned with memes, because it wasn't and isn't impossible, as shown by the evidence we now have.

Of course it's hard, it's a challenge to obtain and the developer decided whenever they chose the trophy requirements, coded them in and submitted them to Sony, that they were fine it with.

Trophies requirements have no obligation to be earnable by any and everyone who starts up a game. They're a game within a game. They can be based on luck, skill, or sometimes hardware requirements, and sometimes a combination of things. Some games will just have trophies that require more effort and guess what, some people will not be able to earn it. It's not glitched and it's not impossible.

No, the requirements should not be changed. The trophy doesn't change the gameplay or enjoyment of the game itself and it's not glitched nor is it impossible to earn. The only reason to change it is entitlement and people choose their parameters before deciding to play any games. If people choose to only limit themselves to games they already know they will earn every trophy in, then they're already choosing to limit their games and they might as well choose not to play this one. If people choose to only play games from developers/publishers that always give them the warm and fuzzies, then they're already choosing not to play this one if they don't like the twitter responses.

The developer has no good reason to cater to the limitations people have chosen to impose on themselves. They made a game that people are enjoying (26.5k players here already!) and people are earning the trophy in question, be it through luck or skill, it doesn't matter. It IS achievable and should be left for people to decide it fits in their artificial, self-imposed limitations or not.

This game reminds me of the Wolfenstein 2 backlash. I agree though. its a decent fun challenge, that is entirely doable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Realtione said:

Can you please not fucking bother offering people to pay for that trophy if they can't get it? Do you even notice that I have the plat meanwhile you do not have anything regarding Fall Guys? The topic is still on because PEOPLE STILL COMMENT ON THIS. And, there is still a good amount of people who actively comment on it, want it to be altered. Not my problem anymore. I just created the discussion topic, my time has passed. 

Get off your high horse buddy. 

You’re just making yourself look worse by posting nonsense like this. 

• Like 3

It's in the game and it is what it is at this point. I don't think they should make it easier because it will cheapen the trophy to those that already have it and then it'll be meaningless to those that get it afterwards. People have found a way to glitch it so they don't lose their streak. I think leaving that glitch in the game is the way to go because the people that care enough about it will do that method and those that just wanna have fun won't even know about it. 

Trophies aren't supposed to be easy and they aren't supposed to be "everybody wins" awards. You have to earn them. Yeah, it's just video games but they're there for a reason. I like to collect trophies in my games to get the most out of them. I don't have very many plats right now but I'll go back to do the old ones that have been left blank. My family wanted to play the game so I let them, I'd prefer to not have a game with an incomplete trophy list that I know I won't be able to complete but I'm also not gonna tell people I love that they can't play the game because of my OCD tendencies, lol. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The issue is people are too wrapped up by a single trophy as if their lives depend on it.

Even Brian (PS5Trophies), the guy who is one of the most popular trophy hunters on YouTube (along with PowerPyx), had the audacity to come out on Twitter and try to pressure the developers into changing the trophy. Even with the exploit, some people still think the trophy needs to be changed.

For a number of these people, I looked at their trophy lists and I saw the generic 20 - 50 Ratalaika stacks, so obviously they care more about their trophy count then they care about having fun.

It has reached the point where people avoid a game entirely because it has trophies akin to Mein Leben. All the idiots that signed that petition a few years back to remove Mein Leben are the same types of people who think the Infallible trophy should of been changed when Fall Guys was popular last month.

If Super Meat Boy was suddenly made easy and any idiot could just get the platinum after all the time and hard work I put into it, I would be fucking pissed off.

This basically follows how people reacted to the Hollow Knight and Cuphead exploits. If someone can't get a trophy due to lack of skill, then they should just leave it and move on to other games.

Definitely have people like that on my friends list, always hear them going on and on about trophies, but never do they mention that they are having fun.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

The issue is people are too wrapped up by a single trophy as if their lives depend on it.

Even Brian (PS5Trophies), the guy who is one of the most popular trophy hunters on YouTube (along with PowerPyx), had the audacity to come out on Twitter and try to pressure the developers into changing the trophy. Even with the exploit, some people still think the trophy needs to be changed.

For a number of these people, I looked at their trophy lists and I saw the generic 20 - 50 Ratalaika stacks, so obviously they care more about their trophy count then they care about having fun.

It has reached the point where people avoid a game entirely because it has trophies akin to Mein Leben. All the idiots that signed that petition a few years back to remove Mein Leben are the same types of people who think the Infallible trophy should of been changed when Fall Guys was popular last month.

If Super Meat Boy was suddenly made easy and any idiot could just get the platinum after all the time and hard work I put into it, I would be fucking pissed off.

This basically follows how people reacted to the Hollow Knight and Cuphead exploits. If someone can't get a trophy due to lack of skill, then they should just leave it and move on to other games.

1st what exploit has i haven't heard of any for fall guys. 2nd i enjoyed some of the Ratalaika games over some big name games not every great game needs to be 60 bucks. 3rd i never heard of Mein Leben. Lastly Cuphead and knight have exploits news too me.  I think the 5 wins in a row is more luck then skill as you need to not get put on a bad team, hope no trolls F you over and lastly hope the game doesn't kick you back to the lobby

On 27/09/2020 at 0:16 PM, dougbarrett619 said:
  1. What exploit there is? I haven't heard of any for Fall Guys.
  2. I enjoyed some of the Ratalaika games, even more than some AAA. Not every great game needs to be 60 bucks.
  3. I've never heard of Mein Leben. Cuphead and Hollow Knight have exploits too? News to me.
  4. I think the 5 wins in a row is more luck than skill, as you need to not get put on a bad team, hope no trolls screw you over and, lastly, hope the game doesn't kick you back to the lobby.

You seriously haven't heard of the Fall GuysHollow Knight or Cuphead exploits?

Props to you, dude. Maybe the trophy community still has some salvation after all.

Edited by Eagle
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

I hate 'influencers' that do stuff like that. Just leave it as is, it's just a video game omg. 

Yeah the amount of people that I've seen just play a game to get trophies because it was free on PS+ is pretty sad. Why do something you hate just for video game trophies. 

I guess if Mein Leben is anything to go by, Fall Guys' trophies wont change. I don't think I've ever seen a case of a game changing their trophy list. Could that ever be done? 

I had a friend that gave up after fighting the first boss of Dark Souls 3 so he gave me the game a month after I started playing Souls game and I did it first try. I think Dark Souls like games are good at showing those that give up easily because irl this dude does always give up when anything becomes slightly tough. 

The only trophies that make me worried are games that have like 1 online trophy for a game that was probably dead a few months after launch. I've been helping people over the weekend getting 2 trophies for a PS3 game from 2013 and we got them all but I'm just shocked that game still has its servers on. I need Far Cry New Dawn's one lone online trophy and the idea of just 1 online hindering a platinum does bother me but I'm sure I'll be able to get it, it's not like the game is too terribly old, lol.

Edit: I think the reason people care about trophies is because the platinum is a stamp that you've 100% something. On the xbox, there is no final stamp to show you've gotten everything besides the 1000/1000G, you may get an avatar item or something but I haven't played a new xbox system since 2011 so I don't know if they do that anymore; and even then most games don't just have 1000G anymore. I played some games on there where I couldnt get the online ones because nobody played and I was like "oh well" I've only ever 100% a handful of Xbox games because I mostly don't care about them. Gamerscore really means nothing when Kung Fu Panda gives 300 for finishing the story and Mega Man 9 gives you 5 for beating the whole game without being hit. 

Edited by Lianco
additional opinion

2 hours ago, Lianco said:

I had a friend that gave up after fighting the first boss of Dark Souls 3 so he gave me the game a month after I started playing Souls game and I did it first try. I think Dark Souls like games are good at showing those that give up easily because irl this dude does always give up when anything becomes slightly tough.  

Those games have a large, dedicated fanbase, so those trophy numbers on both PSNP and PSN are skewed. 

It’s the same with Final Fantasy. Both however have a lot of people who quit the games early. 

2 hours ago, Lianco said:

The only trophies that make me worried are games that have like 1 online trophy for a game that was probably dead a few months after launch. I've been helping people over the weekend getting 2 trophies for a PS3 game from 2013 and we got them all but I'm just shocked that game still has its servers on. I need Far Cry New Dawn's one lone online trophy and the idea of just 1 online hindering a platinum does bother me but I'm sure I'll be able to get it, it's not like the game is too terribly old, lol.

Far Cry 2 made you play in a full multiplayer match with 16 people, and it has glitches. 

People today have it easy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

You seriously haven't heard of the Fall Guys, Hollow Knight or Cuphead exploits?

...exploits

Props to you, dude. Maybe the trophy community still has some salvation after all.

Haven't heard of any of 

7 hours ago, Lianco said:

I hate 'influencers' that do stuff like that. Just leave it as is, it's just a video game omg. 

Yeah the amount of people that I've seen just play a game to get trophies because it was free on PS+ is pretty sad. Why do something you hate just for video game trophies. 

I guess if Mein Leben is anything to go by, Fall Guys' trophies wont change. I don't think I've ever seen a case of a game changing their trophy list. Could that ever be done? 

Edit: I think the reason people care about trophies is because the platinum is a stamp that you've 100% something. On the xbox, there is no final stamp to show you've gotten everything besides the 1000/1000G, you may get an avatar item or something but I haven't played a new xbox system since 2011 so I don't know if they do that anymore; and even then most games don't just have 1000G anymore. I played some games on there where I couldnt get the online ones because nobody played and I was like "oh well" I've only ever 100% a handful of Xbox games because I mostly don't care about them. Gamerscore really means nothing when Kung Fu Panda gives 300 for finishing the story and Mega Man 9 gives you 5 for beating the whole game without being hit. 

Yea i dont like reviewing a game unless i 100% the game or 100% the trophies. I think its because im old as i 100% every ps1 ps2 sega dreamcast and sega game i own

Edited by dougbarrett619
It copy 2 times

22 hours ago, Spaz said:

Those games have a large, dedicated fanbase, so those trophy numbers on both PSNP and PSN are skewed. 

It’s the same with Final Fantasy. Both however have a lot of people who quit the games early. 

Far Cry 2 made you play in a full multiplayer match with 16 people, and it has glitches. 

People today have it easy.

Well, I didn't really mean trophy numbers but you are correct with that. People say Dark Souls' trophy completion rates are high but then I think that the type of gamer that plays DS are generally the more hardcore type that care about trophies. But I meant more of the fact that Dark Souls is a tougher-than-most type of game so people that give up after 5 minutes are weeded out easily. 

And yeah, I own FC2 but I haven't played it yet, I'll never be able to get that plat, lol. 

17 hours ago, dougbarrett619 said:

Yea i dont like reviewing a game unless i 100% the game or 100% the trophies. I think its because im old as i 100% every ps1 ps2 sega dreamcast and sega game i own

I'm the same! I used to delete my saves and do them all over again the ps2 when I was a kid. I used to go over the game with a fine tooth comb when I used to do game reviews, cuz you don't wanna be that dude that gets something so painfully obvious, wrong by accident. 

More games should have trophies like this. A platinum trophy should be earned through hard work and not just given out to anyone playing the game. The best trophies are the ones that become known for their hard-as-balls difficulty. Not everything needs to be given a baby-mode. I can't beleive there are people refusing to play games just because they think the trophies look too hard, I mean, I think trophies are cool, but they shouldn't drive your overall view of a game. Grow up ffs.

• Like 3

On 27.09.2020 at 1:50 AM, Spaz said:

Get off your high horse buddy. 

You’re just making yourself look worse by posting nonsense like this. 

The guy I dealt with is rock-headed enough to retaliate with foolish arguments that I nor anybody would give a f*** about. I wouldn't debate with anyone who is pissed enough to say 'lol,relax kid'. Other than that it's laughable that he brings my only 'ultra-rare' on the table and how I am missing on the leaderboard. Whoever cares? If I were, I already would have lifted it. So, there is no point in quoting him. It is my only ultra-rare does not devalue it nor devalue my trophy hunting -if you want to call me a such- At the end of the day, I just told I got it already and why wouldn't I take that comment onto myself? I don't see I was bragging about it either. I just stated some facts. 

But you are a huge disappointment that you are on the high horse, enough not to bring anything new as an argument but keep repeating bs which everyone could easily do, insult ratalaika games and judge people not having fun but valuing their plat count more. Well, I won't go any more than this and say you are right or wrong. I could have backed you but I am in no position to judge those games or people who are playing them as 'fun' is literally subjective and there is a huge demand on those easy plat stacks (and there you go, I have achieved 2 of them already). Well, I'll just say I don't care. But anything you say is nothing new nor that appealing, I hope you are mature enough to not get pissed of by this. Good luck on your hunting and this is my last comment on the topic.

ps: I didn't want to comment on this either but why would be pissed off if Super Meat Boy were to be made awfully easily within just one patch? Isn't it enough to get praised for your skill which made you achieve it before the patch already? What is the fuss for Cuphead/Hollow Knight, yeah they demand skill but if people get pissed off when there is an exploit then they are (and perhaps you, bc you decide to get pissed off) the ones who act like their lives depend on it? You tell me that. 

If there is an exploit, don't blame the people, blame the developers who can't test them under controlled conditions. Fall Guys is the same tale, and their comments were beyond toxic. There is a point in people asking for it to change. And it maybe did not become any easier but they actually did a change regarding team games. Whatever, I am off. 

I have all Trophies besides Infallible, but my profile says, despite having 33 of 35 Trophies (No Infallible and no Platinum), that the game is completed, even showing 100% instead of 91%.

Is something happening?

Edited by KenjiCBZ
Lol never mind, I just noticed this is a thing also for other games I did not complete, it shows 100% even if I didn't achieve it. Should be just a PSN Profiles bug. Sorry for giving you false hopes :(

On 09/10/2020 at 1:00 PM, KenjiCBZ said:

I have all trophies besides Infallible, but my profile says, despite having 33/35 trophies (that is, no Infallible and no platinum), that the game is completed, even showing 100% instead of 91%.

Is something happening?

Yeah, it's related to the recent change in trophy levels. Just a PSNP bug, should be fixed pretty soon.

Edited by Eagle

Don't really care much about the trophy changing, but at this point I almost wish it was 5 1st place race wins in a row instead of episodes since I seem to have better luck with that then winning episodes. since I got first place in race modes like 3 or 4 in a row recently here even though I wasn't really trying for them.
 I have gotten to the final rounds quite a bit, but just can't seem to win anymore on that.