Silver Ridge peaks dropping tomorrow 11th of August

Vern3r0z

Looking at the steam achievments this list doesn't look too bad if the trophies are the same as the achievments that is. Also this DLC has no side missions for some reason, and from the info i gathered from reddit you even barely have to hunt anything in the main missions. Achievments below:

7zGXpY9.png

Edited by Vern3r0z
  • Like 1

Trophy just popped for me the “killing a bison with the Alexander bow”. I think PSNProfiles isn’t refreshed with PSN yet maybe?

i definitely just got a trophy from the new DLC though.

edit. Yup PSN has COTW as having 115 trophies total now.

Edited by RalixRalix

11 minutes ago, RalixRalix said:

Trophy just popped for me the “killing a bison with the Alexander bow”. I think PSNProfiles isn’t refreshed with PSN yet maybe?

i definitely just got a trophy from the new DLC though.

edit. Yup PSN has COTW as having 115 trophies total now.

okay, good to know, getting it now.

Good to see that the devs are still busy spitting out DLC, instead of fixing the 100 bugs making this a shitfest for trophy hunters.

+2 year old bugs still haunting players, and their new patches and game updates are creating new issues. They have for example moved some animal spawns out of certain areas, so you can't complete certain side missions.
I have also found every collectible in Medved Taiga, but the 3 trophies are glitched here and I can't unlock them.

Has Parque Fernando been fixed?

The 4 people who had 100% in this game, only got the "A Sample of Parque Fernando's Finest" trophy because the game was bugged and it popped without them fullfilling the requirements.

It's nearly impossible to get a diamond harvest of each animal, unless someone spends 1000 hours on this.

If the glitch got fixed, the 100% completion on this game will be blocked out for the rest of us, which is a shame.

6 hours ago, janzor88 said:

Good to see that the devs are still busy spitting out DLC, instead of fixing the 100 bugs making this a shitfest for trophy hunters.

+2 year old bugs still haunting players, and their new patches and game updates are creating new issues. They have for example moved some animal spawns out of certain areas, so you can't complete certain side missions.
I have also found every collectible in Medved Taiga, but the 3 trophies are glitched here and I can't unlock them.

Has Parque Fernando been fixed?

The 4 people who had 100% in this game, only got the "A Sample of Parque Fernando's Finest" trophy because the game was bugged and it popped without them fullfilling the requirements.

It's nearly impossible to get a diamond harvest of each animal, unless someone spends 1000 hours on this.

If the glitch got fixed, the 100% completion on this game will be blocked out for the rest of us, which is a shame.

I did parque legit took me 3 weeks to find all the diamonds, albino wolf was worse took me 5 weeks to find one animal. The DLC are more generous with diamonds compared to the base game maps. Also the parque glitch has been fixed for ages, its not impossible to do, only hella tedious.

I'm so relieved that you both got it legit - congrats!
Been reading way too many horror stories about that trophy on the Steam discussion boards, and reddit, about people spending 200 hours and only ever seeing 2 diamonds.
I literally thought it was impossible on consoles, without the bugs.

Do you have any tips for it?

Tents near lakes and hotspots, quicktravel between those, then restart game and repeat?

I'm planning on backing up my save today, then starting a new game to find the Medved Taiga collectibles again.

Hope it fixes the bugs I'm encountering.

Pretty much on the money mate, lakes, with tripod stands setup next to tents and farm those need zones. Didnt actually take too long, just shoot the big males and eventually a diamond will spawn, then move onto next species.

As for the medved collectables, I made a post regarding it, try this...

So I got the shed hunter trophy today, I started map and jumped straight onto a quad bike and started collecting immediately, which is good for anyone that has to start a new game as they may have met the requirements when trophy was glitched and are unable to obtain the trophy on their current save.

I went to these locations..

Moose Antler Sheds
-11189 x -5090
-10211 x -7241
-11649 x -9424
-5549 x -9908
-8341 x -8439
-7765 x -7674
-7963 x -11039 
-6557 x -11123 
-7103 x -9655 
-6968 x -6020 
-9806,-11110
-8034 x -9580

Reindeer Antler Sheds
-4486 x -6803
-8131 x -10264
-9116 x -9001
-6455 x -10364
-7981 x -7106

-11405 х -7590
-9202 x -10888

To my dismay the trophy didn't pop, then I found info that if you pick up a particular cave lion skull at location -9337 x -5191 the trophy may pop, which I did and bling! It worked! 

Apparently you only need 10 moose antlers and 5 reindeer antlers from those and then the skull for trophy to pop. I only found them all as I didn't know about the skull at the time.

May be worth a shot if anyone has picked up all antlers and yet to pick up that particular skull to see if it trophy unlocks for them.

Hopefully it works for you

• Like 2

I appreciate the help R3DLNR.

I tried visiting all the places again, but nothing helped as my codex entries are completely screwed for some reason.
After that, I started on a fresh save, and visited everything again. This time it worked luckily, as it is so tedious driving around with nothing unlocked on the map.

It took me an extra 10-15 hours to get these collectible trophies, as I had to troubleshoot a lot, and start completely over.
Now I need a break from this game, before continuing with the DLC grind.

Well seems i spoke too soon, just harvested a diamond turkey and the trophy for that didn't pop for me. Some others have gotten it normally so i dont really know whats the problem here.

EDIT: asked around on the internets and seems some others have the same problem as well. Sent a ticket to EW about this, well see what they respond.

EDIT2: decided to try to shoot the turkey diamond once more and reloaded a save when i hadn't shot him yet, and this time the trophy somehow popped. I think its fair to say that the trophy is a little buggy, so if you manage to locate a diamond turkeys zone, backup your save and try untill you succeed.

Edited by Vern3r0z

7 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

Same with my collectibles in Medved-Taiga. Sucks that they still havn't fixed all these bugs.

I may be wrong but I think that the Medved-Taiga collectibles are fixed, it's just that you need to start the game on a fresh save-file, which sucks (traveling across the unlocked map is super tedious). In fact, I am missing one collectible in that reserve and I am facing a restart, which I've been delaying for a long time now.

3 hours ago, det_gittes said:

I may be wrong but I think that the Medved-Taiga collectibles are fixed, it's just that you need to start the game on a fresh save-file, which sucks (traveling across the unlocked map is super tedious). In fact, I am missing one collectible in that reserve and I am facing a restart, which I've been delaying for a long time now.

Since you need to start a new save, it's not fixed :)
I spent an extra 10-15 hours on the collectibles, as I tried finding them all again numerous times on my original save.
After that I started a new save, and it worked. But was extremely tedious.

3 hours ago, janzor88 said:

Since you need to start a new save, it's not fixed :)
I spent an extra 10-15 hours on the collectibles, as I tried finding them all again numerous times on my original save.
After that I started a new save, and it worked. But was extremely tedious.

I should have made my point clearer - what I meant was that at some point the devs fixed the bugged collectible trophies but it always required starting on a fresh save-file. In my case, I am still on the same save-file that I used to platinum the base game, which is why (I suppose) one of the trophies bugged out on me. 

1 hour ago, det_gittes said:

I should have made my point clearer - what I meant was that at some point the devs fixed the bugged collectible trophies but it always required starting on a fresh save-file. In my case, I am still on the same save-file that I used to platinum the base game, which is why (I suppose) one of the trophies bugged out on me. 

Sounds like a lousy fix, if you can't unlock some trophies with your normal save.
I got the platinum in a fairly short amount of time, and shortly after that started on the Medved-Taiga DLC. The game was fully updated until that point, so it's pretty lame that you can't use your normal save to get the collectibles.

The problem seems to be that your Codex entries get all messed up.

On 15/08/2020 at 10:29 PM, Vern3r0z said:

Well seems i spoke too soon, just harvested a diamond turkey and the trophy for that didn't pop for me. Some others have gotten it normally so i dont really know whats the problem here.

EDIT: asked around on the internets and seems some others have the same problem as well. Sent a ticket to EW about this, well see what they respond.

EDIT2: decided to try to shoot the turkey diamond once more and reloaded a save when i hadn't shot him yet, and this time the trophy somehow popped. I think its fair to say that the trophy is a little buggy, so if you manage to locate a diamond turkeys zone, backup your save and try untill you succeed.

The Diamond Turkey trophy isn’t popping for me either. I found its need zone, killed it with all harvest checks ticked and it registered as a diamond. No trophy.

Reloaded my save file from the cloud like you suggested and killed him again, and again, and again (7 times now). No damned trophy.

Did the devs respond to your message about this?

Is the trophy supposed to pop as soon as you harvest him or is it delayed?

Edited by RalixRalix

38 minutes ago, RalixRalix said:

The Diamond Turkey trophy isn’t popping for me either. I found its need zone, killed it with all harvest checks ticked and it registered as a diamond. No trophy.

Reloaded my save file from the cloud like you suggested and killed him again, and again, and again (7 times now). No damned trophy.

It should pop immediately after you harvest it. No idea why trophy isnt popping for some people, I was lucky enough for it to be my first kill of srp and trophy popped as it should have. Sorry but I have no suggestions as to make it work for you as it seems completely random. Hopefully the dev's fix it, as they are pretty good with patchs

22 minutes ago, R3DLNR said:

It should pop immediately after you harvest it. No idea why trophy isnt popping for some people, I was lucky enough for it to be my first kill of srp and trophy popped as it should have. Sorry but I have no suggestions as to make it work for you as it seems completely random. Hopefully the dev's fix it, as they are pretty good with patchs

Cheers mate, fingers crossed for a patch at some point then. I might give this game a rest for a while whilst waiting for it to be fixed then.

3 hours ago, RalixRalix said:

Drennon Bond (theHunter)

Aug 18, 2020, 9:05 AM GMT+2

Hello,

That's really great news to hear that it worked for you. I've reported your exact circumstances to the development team, so they can investigate it.

theHunter Support

23 hours ago, Vern3r0z said:

Drennon Bond (theHunter)

Aug 18, 2020, 9:05 AM GMT+2

Hello,

That's really great news to hear that it worked for you. I've reported your exact circumstances to the development team, so they can investigate it.

theHunter Support

Cheers for the update mate, hopefully they’ll patch it sooner rather than later.

• 3 months later...

This game is a huge shitfest of bugs, and the developers have allocated 85% of their time to making new DLC maps, and 15% time to actually fix the game breaking bugs.

After +100 hours specifically hunting for the last diamond I need, I found out that mule deers are bugged and don't even spawm diamonds.
Not to mention the +3 months of animal sounds not working, drifting aim, glitched bullet penetration and 100 other things.