DLC trophy thoughts

Hunt4Platinum

I could careless about how hard the DLC OR FOR INSTANCE main game trophies are! If a game is what it is and i wanna play it. Ill do it 100% all day?

Only thing that pisses me of about this is: Permadeath being missused if you get to save! Why not didnt they put in a trophy for grounded with Permadeath instead of this. This is not Permadeath if you also get to play it on very light i think its called. This is just my opinion about perma.

From ND: However, if taking on the whole game is too daunting, you can choose to enable Permadeath mode with checkpoints on a per-chapter or per-act basis. In other words, if you die at the end of Day One, you’ll have to play the entire day over again.

LOL, this is not Perma? Permadeath means 1 life. Not checkpoints partially through the game? Wolfenstein2 mein lieben was permadeath, not this?

So to save me a extra playthrough i am going to do tlou2 on Grounded with Permadeath? I am just going to wait a year, year and a half, to see what else naughty dog puts in. Don wanna play through the game 5times like i did with Days Gone? 

EDIT: about missusage, remember dead space 3? There you could aswell back up saves. It wasnt like Dead space 2.

Edited by DividedByMankind

43 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

I could careless about how hard the DLC OR FOR INSTANCE main game trophies are! If a game is what it is and i wanna play it. Ill do it 100% all day?

Only thing that pisses me of about this is: Permadeath being missused if you get to save! Why not didnt they put in a trophy for grounded with Permadeath instead of this. This is not Permadeath if you also get to play it on very light i think its called. This is just my opinion about perma.

From ND: However, if taking on the whole game is too daunting, you can choose to enable Permadeath mode with checkpoints on a per-chapter or per-act basis. In other words, if you die at the end of Day One, you’ll have to play the entire day over again.

LOL, this is not Perma? Permadeath means 1 life. Not checkpoints partially through the game? Wolfenstein2 mein lieben was permadeath, not this?

So to save me a extra playthrough i am going to do tlou2 on Grounded with Permadeath? I am just going to wait a year, year and a half, to see what else naughty dog puts in. Don wanna play through the game 5times like i did with Days Gone? 

EDIT: about missusage, remember dead space 3? There you could aswell back up saves. It wasnt like Dead space 2.

You are right, but the game is too long to doesn't have checkpoints... Not everyone can play all that time in one sitting... Maybe they should have let do 2 or 3 manual saves like DS2 (I think it was like that, forgive me if it wasn't)...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

You are right, but the game is too long to doesn't have checkpoints... Not everyone can play all that time in one sitting... Maybe they should have let do 2 or 3 manual saves like DS2 (I think it was like that, forgive me if it wasn't)...

Yeah 3 saves would of been cool, but checkpoint every chapter? 

• Like 1

This game was a 10/10 for me and is easily one of the best games I’ve ever played, so I’m happy to have an excuse to go through it again.

It seems from what I read that you can alter the permadeath settings to get a checkpoint between chapters, so it’s not really permadeath anyway.

• Like 1

This will be a side project for me for the next year probably. It's definitely far too soon for me to reply the game and get any enjoyment out of it, plus I've still got a few new/old games to get stuck into. I don't doubt my ability to get these two pesky trophies, but as of right now I'll be taking my time and chipping away at it chapter by chapter.

5 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

I could careless about how hard the DLC OR FOR INSTANCE main game trophies are! If a game is what it is and i wanna play it. Ill do it 100% all day1f44d.png

LOL, this is not Perma1f602.png Permadeath means 1 life. Not checkpoints partially through the game1f602.png Wolfenstein2 mein lieben was permadeath, not this1f602.png

So to save me a extra playthrough i am going to do tlou2 on Grounded with Permadeath1f44d.png I am just going to wait a year, year and a half, to see what else naughty dog puts in. Don wanna play through the game 5times like i did with Days Gone1f44d.png 

Im going for Wolf 2 Plat soon, what avice could you give to a medium skilled player such as myself?

On 8/11/2020 at 10:14 PM, Spaz said:

It sounds like another case of Horizon Zero Dawn, Marvel's Spider-Man and Days Gone. All three were Sony exclusives, all had a New Game Plus trophy list that was separate from the base game. All lacked any originality and all were there to simply pad the game without adding any meaningful content.

If that's what people are complaining about, that is a valid reasoning.

In the past such trophies like that would be part of the base game. All of the Uncharted games on the PS3 required you to beat the game on Hard before you could unlock Crushing, which was an entirely new playthrough. Nowadays it's basically just the one playthrough while the rest of the list is basically clean up. Nowadays the lists are designed to where most of everyone can get the platinum, whereas in the PS3 generation that simply wasn't the case. In that aspect, trophy hunting has become more mainstream, because it turns out most people aren't hardcore trophy hunters who have to play X amount of games like they had to in Killzone 2.

inFamous: Second Son, while being easy overall, still required you to do two playthroughs because of the Good/Evil aspect. If that game were to come out today they would of found a way to just make the game one playthrough for the platinum. That just tells me trophy lists in general have become a lot easier and more streamlined. 2014 was still a time when trophy lists with a platinum presented a modicum of difficulty. Now thanks to Ratalaika and other publishers, there is no modicum of difficulty. Anybody can shoot for 300 - 500 platinums if they so desire.

I would probably be at 20,000 trophies if I were to just stack all the easy games I could pick up. But I don't, because I find that boring and just not fun to do.

In short, The Last of Us Part II's Grounded Mode will separate the casuals from the more dedicated trophy hunters. To me it's just more padding, just like the other Sony exclusives I mentioned (Horizon is no longer exclusive however).

Well said.

Another exsumple of this is Evil Within vs Evil Within 2.

1 came out in 2014 and require you to actully be good at the game by clearing Akuma mode.

Now while it wasnt the hardest thing ever, it was a legit challenge that really tested how much you really knew about the game and your overall raw skill.

Evil Within 2 on the other hand gave you 7 saves, and pretty much was a nightmare no upgrades run.

Alot easier overall.

But they went even futher and added cheats that ruin all the point of the mode entirey.

That was 2017-18.

The tophy meta has really changed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Im going for Wolf 2 Plat soon, what avice could you give to a medium skilled player such as myself?

I would do the game and enjoy it first? do it on i am death incarnate and then if you by any chance have a 2nd ps4 and a 2nd screen.

Buy another copy if you have it on disc, on 1st ps4 you play on mein leben on 2nd again with iam death incarnate. mein leben is basically i am death incarnate withot saves.

But on 2nd ps4 you play the level till you have it flawlessly without dying ofc, then go back to 1st ps4 and do the same level again and prey for no power outage.

There are 2 main parts that you really need flawlessly, it is courthouse and end. Alot videos on youtube shows it?strategies! For courtroom i did stay behind a desk. Its on youtube. For the end i killed 1st all the human soldiers and then 2 big guys. Whatever you do, dont try running for ladder and try skipping ?

11 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Don wanna play through the game 5times like i did with Days Gone? 

And THIS is exactly the reason why people are complaining about this. Not that it's hard, but that they need one or two more playthroughs. 

I don't know about everyone else, but if you have a job, it's already challenging enough to find the time to keep all your games at 100%. 

This recent trend of adding a single bronze/silver trophy post launch for an additional playthrough for the main campaign (!) is just disrespectful to the lifetime of completionists. 

This stuff should either be there from the beginning or not at all. 

I'm in the lucky position that I only played the first two chapters and then lost interest in the game. So when I come back I will probably just restart my first run and activate permadeath on very easy, then I will do NG+ on grounded for the second run. 

But I'm really sorry for the people who already played through this two times for the plat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

And THIS is exactly the reason why people are complaining about this. Not that it's hard, but that they need one or two more playthroughs. 

I don't know about everyone else, but if you have a job, it's already challenging enough to find the time to keep all your games at 100%. 

This recent trend of adding a single bronze/silver trophy post launch for an additional playthrough for the main campaign (!) is just disrespectful to the lifetime of completionists. 

This stuff should either be there from the beginning or not at all. 

I'm in the lucky position that I only played the first two chapters and then lost interest in the game. So when I come back I will probably just restart my first run and activate permadeath on very easy, then I will do NG+ on grounded for the second run. 

But I'm really sorry for the people who already played through this two times for the plat. 

You know sinthoras i work, i am construction leader for a demolition company? so as a construction leader you dont have much time, my days are usually between 10- 14 hours per day, haha, including alot of weekends but now i am on sick leave rest of the year because i injured my foot, due to football play, so i had to have a surgery ?

But i do agree with you m8, i am complaining about that but i am also complaining that a plat becomes this common and theres usually no efforts put in to aaa titles anymore ? thats what im also saying these 2 trophies should of been in the main game. To put more effort into it.

But back to other complaint also, permadeath should also been perma, not checkpoints and stuff every chapter or whatever, it really looks like their making  no challange at all in aaa anymore. and also it looks like they are making these new aaa rattalaikai wanna be ? complete game for plat, but to get a plat you also only need to fully upgrade your character. No challange. No Hard diffculty trophies?

I am really dissapointed as well. Last games from sony i remember had really effort was knack and killzone: shadow fall. Im talking about only Sony AAA's. Not other AAA's.

Nowadays sony is adding diffculty specific trophies as DLC.

• Like 1

I cant wait for ND to add another trophy regarding completing the game again months after people done with this awesome game,

maybe speedrun trophy or grounded+ trophy or both, also MP trophies because people loves them.

On topic : new trophies looks fun and challenging.   

39 minutes ago, bawbzor said:

I really don't get some people. If your self-imposed pact you made years ago of 100%-ing every game you buy is nowadays ruining your gaming experience, perhaps just forget about it and start having fun again instead of frantically live up to that stupid promise? You likely have less time to play now compared to when you made the promise(due to work/kids/relationship/real-life stuff), or simply lost excitement while doing it all these years just as you do with most other hobbies. And yet, here you are, practically torturing yourself playing a game you apparently hate just to get some extra meaningless internet points and a small spike of dopamine. And the cherry on top is that you still dare to complain about it and put the blame elsewhere, in this case Sony and Naughty Dog, as if they are forcing you to do it. That's some weird fucked up psychological gymnastics you are doing there.

Play the game again and get the trophies if you like to. If you don't, I suggest playing one of the literally million other games. There must be one you do like.

I dissagree with you actually. I am not playing games just for trophies. I am trying to 100% every game i buy. 2 reasons i get my moneys worth. And i am actually 100% completing that game 100% if i go for plat. Instead of starting and just finnishing story.

I dont buy alot rattalaikai just to show of my plat count. Or stack 6 region stacks, and waste money on that. The rattalaikai games i have on my account looked interesting. So thats why i bought those, but i didnt stack either 1 of them. Just for trophies.

But back on topic, when it comes to tlou2,  i was so dissapointed in the rout ND took with the story on tlou2, thats why i dont want more playthroughs of that game, and thats why they should of also included these 2 trophies in main game. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Flipendo52 said:

Are you trying to say you should never attempt annoying trophies?

If going for a trophy is causing you to no longer enjoy the game, then yes, stop attempting it, it's OK.

If you still take some enjoyment from getting that little trophy ping, then clearly you feel the reward is worth the annoyance, and that's OK too. But it's not like Sony or Naughty Dog are _making_ any of us do anything.

For players who have only played through the game 0-1 times so far, this doesn't seem like that much of a stretch.

- Playthrough #1 on your difficulty of choice to experience the story and get all the collectibles

- Playthrough #2 on Very Light or Light with Permadeath enabled, to max our your stats & weapons

- Playthrough #3 on Grounded+

Considering you can skip a lot of the side content and cinematics on the last two, and you'll be familiar with all the enemy spawns and patterns, this is still a lot less than other DLC trophies demand.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

If going for a trophy is causing you to no longer enjoy the game, then yes, stop attempting it, it's OK.

If you still take some enjoyment from getting that little trophy ping, then clearly you feel the reward is worth the annoyance, and that's OK too. But it's not like Sony or Naughty Dog are _making_ any of us do anything.

For players who have only played through the game 0-1 times so far, this doesn't seem like that much of a stretch.

- Playthrough #1 on your difficulty of choice to experience the story and get all the collectibles

- Playthrough #2 on Very Light or Light with Permadeath enabled, to max our your stats & weapons

- Playthrough #3 on Grounded+

Considering you can skip a lot of the side content and cinematics on the last two, and you'll be familiar with all the enemy spawns and patterns, this is still a lot less than other DLC trophies demand.

I'm just annoyed because it's another set of "DLC" trophies where you just replay the game again. I'm sorry for venting.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Flipendo52 said:

I'm just annoyed because it's another set of "DLC" trophies where you just replay the game again. I'm sorry for venting.

Exactly. 

The most ridiculous thing is that post on the official Playstation Blog, where they actually wrote "Don't worry, these two new trophies aren't required for the platinum in the future". 

It's like they are saying "Don't worry, the platinum will still be achievable for everyone without putting in any effort. But if you want 100% go fuck yourself!" 

I bet on PS5 all the collectible trophies will be put in DLCs aswell and on PS6 you will receive the plat for booting up the game lol

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Exactly. 

The most ridiculous thing is that post on the official Playstation Blog, where they actually wrote "Don't worry, these two new trophies aren't required for the platinum in the future". 

It's like they are saying "Don't worry, the platinum will still be achievable for everyone without putting in any effort. But if you want 100% go fuck yourself!" 

I bet on PS5 all the collectible trophies will be put in DLCs aswell and on PS6 you will receive the plat for booting up the game lol

Have you even looked at the accessibility options available for both trophies? I personally hadn’t because I’ve never used them but I just did and they’re absurdly excessive. It’s to the point where a blind monkey could unlock these new trophies and it just makes the people complaining about them look pathetic. 

• Like 1