DLC trophy thoughts

Hunt4Platinum

12 minutes ago, elpoko said:

Grounded was my favourite playthrough of the original so I'm really looking forward to this. Permadeath will be doable on any difficulty with a back up so that's not a concern.

You ll have only one back up file If it will be allowed to save game only on cloud. This file can be corrupted

8 minutes ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

If they even enable accessibility on Grounded.

And Easy will be the best bet for Permadeath, though there will be SOME tough spots due to instakills.

100% sure they're gonna disable all combat accessibilities on Grounded. On the other hand, what if people with health conditions also want to get those trophies? Guess, they also should have such an opportunity, right? However, we'll find out everything soon.

22 minutes ago, Alex_R-13 said:

Oh and the complaining begins again. If you are so butthurt that the game finally has "hard" trophies, don't go for them. Also, you will more than likely be able to backup saves and revert to an old one in case you die, requiring only one additional playthrough. Skip the cutscenes and follow some speedrun strats and you are done fairly quickly. 

still allowed to shit on it

1 minute ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

If they don't go the Wolfenstein 2 route and make it to where you have to do it in a single sitting. lol

yeah this def sucks

• Like 2

Wait!?!?! I can't go around killing premeditated murder Abby anymore? That was the only enjoyable part of this game and now I have to keep her safe and alive? What a bunch of BS. It's almost like this is punishment to the 80% of people who hated this game for not liking their story or Abby. 

• Like 3

Good for the people that love the game. It's not that bad if you don't rush it. Maybe replay the game once a few months, or even a year.

I still revisit Zelda and Dark Souls series and create challenges for myself to keep it interesting.

Edited by PeachXHime
  • Like 1

Just now, Sinthoras_96 said:

Which is pretty much exactly what I am saying. 

Sony first party games platinums are absolutely no challenge anymore. You can do everything on easy and its all about watching collectible guides, which is boring af. They are appealing to trophy collectors and not trophy hunters. Hunting means putting in effort to be rewarded. 

And then they throw these trophies at us. 

I don't have a problem with these trophy requirements. It's just pissing me off that everyone and their grandma can achieve the plat without doing the actual challenging stuff. And the people who want 100% need to put in triple the time for a bronze and silver trophy that probably won't even be ultra rare. 

It's just completely retarded. 

Well you win there, now I see your point buddy yeah in that way you are right I agree with you there.

I just disagree with you cause I see you play lots of games and can't belive you consider to not play some amazing exclusives just for trophies you know jaja and it's not my problem but common as a player I like other gamers try good things too :P

But yeah they should really add it at launch, the other thing you can do is just wait 1 month until they add it and them go straight foward I think.

Have a good day 

• Like 2

I loved TLOU2 but this might be what I needed to get myself over my 100% OCD. 

Unless you can use USB save backups, there is no way I'm doing permadeath. I'd have been fine if it was just Grounded...you can somewhat brute force your way through sheer difficulty and the challenge would be fun. I hate the whole permadeath concept in general for game where it isn't a core mechanic, and for games that are full AAA length. Compared to the fun challenge and engagement of Grounded, Permadeath (implied to be on any difficult) will be easy and unchallenging throughout, but one timed event mess-up or Abby Seattle Day 3 instant death and you'll have to start all over again. It feels cheap, idk. Maybe people will disagree. 

Will be interesting to see: (i) if you can 'save scum' with USB saves, and (ii) what they mean by 'any permadeath setting'. Weird wording. Perhaps there are different permadeath conditions rather than just 'you die, your save is wiped'. Will find out shortly I guess.

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

This is why I will now wait for about 2 months with Sony exclusives that I don’t feel the need to have day one. They will always add another difficulty/playthru trophy and most of their games I’m fine with just one play-thru. Don’t want to feel forced to play again for one or two trophies. 

• Like 1

permadeath is probably just the same as any of the other custom difficulty options. toggle it on or off under any circumstances, save like normal and back up like normal it's not exactly a gae where you can do a 5 hr speedrun. it's long and overly self indulgent. I imagine grounded mode just sets all modifiers to the absolute hardest and won't let you adjust. either way I doubt it'll be that hard.

but obv I could be wrong. but i doubt they would limit saves too much on a game with this much bloat. if at all.

the only downside to this incoming trend of make platinums easy to hook more sales and follow up with hard dlc, is that you're expected to literally relearn the full game again for what 1 or two trophies? whereas the full game consistantly rewarded you with a steady stream, adding just 2 is friggin lazy if devs want people to spend another 40 hr on a game then we want more unlocks and more things to chase. it's possible to make a hard and fun game without cheapening the shit out of it like evil within 2 or wolfenstein 2 esp looking at you.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

1 hour ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Yeah, I mean that's not exactly Sonys fault but it makes this whole games as a service update bullshit even worse. 

@Sly Ripper should really work something out to properly adjust the rarity of free DLCs. They are accessible to every game owner after all. 

I couldn't agree more free dlc should represent the amount of people who own the game not some formula.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ahmedelebiary said:

people thought the 100% was gonna be that easy ? lol

The weird thing though is I remember I read an article saying "Naughty Dog has no plans of TLoU2 dlc" hmm alright then.

That's not a DLC, just an ordinary title update which is common in Sony's games recently.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Will be interesting to see: (i) if you can 'save scum' with USB saves, and (ii) what they mean by 'any permadeath setting'. Weird wording. Perhaps there are different permadeath conditions rather than just 'you die, your save is wiped'. Will find out shortly I guess.

No idea on the wording, but I'd be really surprised if you can't use USB backups for this. It's a long enough game that even with skipping all cutscenes, it's not realistic to play in one sitting. Games like Outlast 1/2 and Wolfenstein II can be reasonably beaten in a couple hours, I just don't see a way that an average player could beat TLOU2 in less than 8 hours.

Unless they plan on implementing some sort of forced cloud save that would only be used for a permadeath run, it's probably a safe bet that you'll be able to save and backup your file!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ahmedelebiary said:

I remember I read an article saying "Naughty Dog has no plans of TLoU2 dlc" hmm alright then.

And some of these mouth-breathers believed them.

I haven't even finished the game yet, but Grounded mode seems like it will be way worse in this game than in the first one. Some of these encounters are easily 20+ minutes, and having to restart the entire thing thanks to a stray bullet at the end sounds like a huge nightmare. The fact that stealth is way less effective doesn't help either.

I assumed when they said "no DLC" they meant "no additional campaigns like Left Behind", but frankly I'd much prefer that to this.

• Like 1