DLC trophy thoughts

Hunt4Platinum

5 minutes ago, S_i_m_o_n_e_y said:

No, it definitely does NOT and your opinion and experience is not the only righteous one.

Nobody is forcing you to play this modes so stop whining.

I wish Grounded was available since day 1 but unfortunately have to deal with the fact it wasn't.

Done the NG+ Survivor + playthrough without using and perks like listening and will do the Grounded for sure but need to take a little break after two playthroughs.

I'm not whining. I am entitled to my opinion, as others have expressed theirs as well. 

I like my completion percentage to be high on my games so if I hope to keep it high, then I do have to replay it. I probably won't though if If it doesn't drop too far down. After all it is only two trophies.

• Like 2

I love the game but no thank you. Not a fan of extreme difficulties, especially if they disable actual game features (e.g. skills, listen mode etc.). Now permadeath mode (also known generally as Hardcore) is something thrilling (not to mention realistic). usually games only allow permadeath on very high difficulty (such as I am the Night on Arkham Origins, Hell and Hell on Devil May Cry 5 or Ultra Nightmare in Doom) so the option of doing permadeath mode with any difficulty you choose is brilliant. Might give that a try.

Hard Pass on Grounded though.

Btw I really don't get the obsession with Completion rate. I never really gave a fuck about my completion rate and I most definitely don't force myself to play anything that I don't enjoy playing just for the sake of the damn completion rate. I mean it's not like you getting paid for a high completion rate. It's just a number. What's the big deal ?

Edited by Cloudbahamut
  • Like 2

Grounded mode - ?

Permadeath mode - ?

Grounded seems like a fun challenge, and should have been expected. Even if many (like myself) aren't very good, you'll be able to get through it eventually with skill, technique and checkpoints. If the DLC was just for Grounded difficulty I'd be hyped.

Meanwhile, Permadeath could be very easy througout (if playing on Very Light) before a random timed event or instant-death event ruins it. Permadeath has no place in AAA-length games, IMO. I get it in 1 - 4 hour experiences, and specifically games with rouge-lite mechanics, but this has neither. Most people will probably use USB backups anyway, and will only need to do so for cheap deaths, so it feels like a redundant mode. 2 playthroughs for 2 trophies seems excessive but it is what it is.

I'll likely do it, but I'm not in a rush. Possibly October, after I've finished Mafia: Definitive Edition, as at present that is my last 'planned' game before next-gen launches in November.

28 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

Glad this got some DLC difficulty trophies, wish God of War had gotten some too. Making them dlc means anyone can get the plat, but that there's still a nice reward for going to the effort, it's a good compromise imo.

God of War was the only game where I actually WANTED a NG+ trophy patch, and was one of the only ones that DIDN'T get one. Sigh. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ARH65512 said:

Well, to us players it's the self-satisfaction. People like me usually hate to see a less than a 100%. If you don't care for it, that's fine. But don't try to act like your opinion means the most. My opinion I love getting 100% completion. I'm a completionist. That's who I am. 

Also, you should give Grounded on the first game a chance. It was pretty much the way to play the first game IMO. 

I couldnt agree more with you. Also what is the point of buying a game and not finnishing it. 

On my account it is 2 games that keeps me from 100%. Atleast i will reach 98 maybe 99%. These 2 games Are Eso and Battlefantasia(i will try getting 100% tho.

But real permadeath is no saves, hardest setting. Thats what a real permadeath is, not any diffculty setting haha ?

Edited by DividedByMankind
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

On my account it is 2 games that keeps me from 100%. Atleast i will reach 98 maybe 99%. These 2 games Are Eso and Battlefantasia(i will try getting 100% tho.

For me, the only 3 games I don't have are Uncharted 4 (due to the dumbass survival trophies), GTA V (due to the the extremely difficulty and also luck based challenges), and KH3 (mostly because I wasn't enjoying it and the mode was way too hard). But I try my best to get that 100%. I managed to get 100% on Days Gone and Batman Arkham Knight and they were not easy. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Could you imagine? Haha.

Yeah, rhey should of put the 2nd trophy, as grounded on permadeath.

Not permadeath on any setting, lol?

10 minutes ago, ARH65512 said:

For me, the only 3 games I don't have are Uncharted 4 (due to the dumbass survival trophies), GTA V (due to the the extremely difficulty and also luck based challenges), and KH3 (mostly because I wasn't enjoying it and the mode was way too hard). But I try my best to get that 100%. I managed to get 100% on Days Gone and Batman Arkham Knight and they were not easy. 

You should try completing them, i never thought i would manage wolfenstein 2. Or shadow warrior. Shadow warrior was much harder than wolf 2.even tho it was save every level.

Days gone challanges was challenging?

Edit: im also going to wait and see what else they add. Dont want to play through tlou2 5 times like i did with days gone.

Edited by DividedByMankind
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SnowStorm said:

Combine the two and do a Grounded Permadeath run! Maybe a third trophy will pop.

:gold: "Psychotic - Why did you attempt that?!"

It's highly likely I will attempt that:)

I don't think I'm ready and persistent enough to take 2 more extra playthroughs as 3 in total must suffice...Maybe if the game was half shorter but it is not.

Anyways, will try in 2-3 months.

Edited by S_i_m_o_n_e_y